Author Topic: Problems with VR in Bombsight mode  (Read 515 times)

Offline Tomkin

• Zinc Member
Problems with VR in Bombsight mode
« on: March 02, 2022, 02:47:39 PM »
Hi, im running AH3 since 2 Years in VR mode. I most fly fighters. I tried a Bomber mission today, went to the bombsight, calibrated and when i was near the target i wanted to steer the plane from the Bombsight mode as i used to do it without VR. But my Joystick movements resulted in..nothing. When  switched back to the cockpit all was working. Started the Game without VR mode and made a test run, Joystick worked well in Bombsight mode. So what is going wrong. Do i have do make new settings? This confuses me cause all other things are working well in VR. Best wishes and keep safe, Tomkin

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Problems with VR in Bombsight mode
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 03:02:01 PM »
Hi, im running AH3 since 2 Years in VR mode. I most fly fighters. I tried a Bomber mission today, went to the bombsight, calibrated and when i was near the target i wanted to steer the plane from the Bombsight mode as i used to do it without VR. But my Joystick movements resulted in..nothing. When  switched back to the cockpit all was working. Started the Game without VR mode and made a test run, Joystick worked well in Bombsight mode. So what is going wrong. Do i have do make new settings? This confuses me cause all other things are working well in VR. Best wishes and keep safe, Tomkin

Yes, you must make new settings.  VR has its own mappings, separate from non-VR.  Plus, you have to be in the Bombardier position when you do the Joystick X, Y mappings - because the Bombardier position has its own mappings. separate from the pilot position.

Same is true for the bomber's gunner positions - you must map the X,Y to the joystick to move the gun around, and you must create these mappings while in gunner mode.

Offline Tomkin

• Zinc Member
Re: Problems with VR in Bombsight mode
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 04:35:03 PM »
Hi, i will try this. Thank You for the fast reply !