Author Topic: My definition of a toxic player  (Read 4436 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: My definition of a toxic player
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2022, 05:01:48 AM »
From Medline.com, just FYI

“ People stick things up their butts for various reasons beyond casual understanding. Some of these things have even traveled so far that they’ve been lost in people’s bodies.

Some of the quirkiest things doctors have found in people’s butts are a flashlight, a peanut butter jar, a phone, a lightbulb, and a Buzz Lightyear action figure. Just goes to show how wondrous and flexible the human behind is.”
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2022, 06:56:49 AM »
Hes quitting blasting out on 200, but he seems to be ok with the BBS.

Actually, his blathering on ch 200 is all too well and alive.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2022, 08:51:22 PM »
People actually care about 'score' etc?  I don't know about anybody else but for me it was always about hanging out and having fun with my squaddies and facing off in AVA against friends, have a few drinks, and a laugh or two.  I guess i have a low threshold for satisfaction. 

Wait!  There’s score?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2022, 12:22:20 AM »
Wait!  There’s score?

Yes, 1 point for brunettes, 2 for blondes, and 3 for redheads.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2022, 04:10:34 PM »
Yes, 1 point for brunettes, 2 for blondes, and 3 for redheads.

Do you have to marry them?  Then I've hit 6.  If it's just carnal knowledge I'm not sure where I'm at. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2022, 07:06:18 PM »
Why didn't you just up a 163  :headscratch:
Seems like he just had a better idea than you.
  I think his point is that if he hadn't done all the work the 163 driver would not have known where to up the 163 and like so on.  guessing he didn't think his side/teammate killing the bombers was good for team play.   
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline BuzzLightyear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2022, 10:24:16 AM »
Pray tell what do you think a 163 is for?? That is NOT gaming the game.  :rolleyes:

Kenai, you are right, upping a 163 is not gaming the game..  I was simply stating some of the toxic activities that some players do.. I could give a handful of examples of gaming the game but we all know what they are..

And yes, upping a 163 is great for downing bombers. But, when you wait for the guy who spent 45 min in a 410 to climb to 20k and stalk a set of 29's to come into icon range and then up a 163 with the intent of poaching the 29's for the perks is premetataded ddsweetheartbagggery, selfish and is a great example of toxic game play.

Offline BuzzLightyear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2022, 10:36:04 AM »
Why didn't you just up a 163  :headscratch:
Seems like he just had a better idea than you.

I could have upped any number of other planes but I enjoy the challenge of using the 410. It's a lot of work and planning to a.) get the 410 up to 20k. b.) be in a position for a successful merge and c.) shred them with twin 30mm cannons.

My whole point is this, Its not that he upped a 163 to kill the 29's. Its that he knew I was starting from 3 sectors away with a 410, knew they were B29's and waited until I was just about in range to up the 163 with the sole intention of poaching the kills from me without a shred of consideration for the work, time and effort I invested in setting up to protect the strats.
 Moreover, at the same time I was nearing the 29's there was another set of buffs attacking the dar strat and he should have upped his 163 there if his intentions were protecting strats. it was a dik move is all. I guess I can't expect everybody to play with integrity

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2022, 10:44:35 AM »
Let us commence a journey into the much-traveled topic of the toxic player's unendurable attempts to confuse, befuddle, and neutralize public opposition. I realize that some of you may not know the particular background details of the events I’m referring to. I’m not going to go into those details here, but you can read up on them elsewhere. Isn’t it odd that incomprehensible, orgulous gits, whose ostentatious, wily lifestyle will make us less united, less moral, less sensitive, less engaged, and more perversely raucous as soon as our backs are turned, are immune from censure? Why is that? That’s not a rhetorical question. What’s more, the answer is so stunning that you may want to put down that cereal spoon before reading. You see, toxic players hate people who have huge supplies of the things they lack. What they lack the most is common sense, which underlies my point that it is not for nothing that the toxic player has been branded the most mawkish personality in the world. Some would even revise that epithet to the most mawkish personalities in the history of the world. Either way, the toxic player advises its underlings and 'peers' to let us know exactly what our attitudes should be towards various types of people and behavior. Such advice isn’t merely bad; it’s dangerous. It tells us that the toxic player has been hard at work creating a one-world government combining lexiphanicism and pessimism under the same tent, all under his or her control. Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced that there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly treacherous in intent. If this blackhearted scheme is successful, you can wave goodbye to your freedom to say anything publicly about how that last statement is almost a tautology. So let the toxic player call me neurotic; I call him/her illiterate.

Although the toxic player markets itself as a high-concept, change-the-world do-gooder, most people react to its crime-stained, scrofulous annunciations as they would to having a pile of steaming pig manure dumped on their doorstep. Even when they can cope, they resent having to do so. Speaking of resentment, if we don’t do something soon, the toxic player's ignorant writings will rise like a golem with a million hands on a million throats to choke the honor out of decent, hardworking people. A few colleagues of mine have suggested that we encourage thr toxic player winged monkeys to promote love, respect, hope, and solidarity. I’m afraid I can’t help but chortle at the manifest absurdity of requesting that anyone loyal to the toxic player do any such thing. The best we can hope for is that they come to terms with the notion that I’ve heard the toxic player say that it can do no wrong. Was that just a slip of the lip, or is the toxic player secretly trying to break down age-old institutions and customs? Fortunately for us, the key to the answer is obvious: It fails to see anything wrong with driving us into a state of apoplexy. This bespeaks an investment of complex psychic import. That’s why it helps to remember that we are at war. Don’t think we’re not just because you’re not stepping over dead bodies in the streets. We’re at war with the toxic player’s exploitative, ophidian philippics. We’re at war with its semi-intelligible capilotades. And we’re at war with its anti-democratic, sexist histrionics. As in any war, we ought to be aware of the fact that toxic players uses the word physicophilosophical without ever having taken the time to look it up in the dictionary. Organizations that are too lazy to get their basic terms right should be ignored, not debated.

Ummmm .... nevermind .... thanks.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2022, 10:54:15 AM »
How did you know there were a formation of B-29s upping and climbing heading to your sides strats or headquarters?

just knowing the other side had a player upping a set of  bombers, sounds like someone had "information" that could have only been gotten a well known way....

going by whats been posted

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2022, 11:00:17 AM »
Damn Guthrie, it took me 2  cups of coffee ☕️ to read that, 🤣 😂 🤣

Good Morning!

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2022, 11:01:27 AM »
Kenai, you are right, upping a 163 is not gaming the game..  I was simply stating some of the toxic activities that some players do.. I could give a handful of examples of gaming the game but we all know what they are..

And yes, upping a 163 is great for downing bombers. But, when you wait for the guy who spent 45 min in a 410 to climb to 20k and stalk a set of 29's to come into icon range and then up a 163 with the intent of poaching the 29's for the perks is premetataded ddsweetheartbagggery, selfish and is a great example of toxic game play.
Now I have only just got back from a very long hiatus but here’s my $.02

Point 1. Sounds to me like a classic case of someone demanding others have the same view of gameplay as himself. To me sounds like typical gameplay and the toxicity coming from griping about it.

Point 2. Evidence shows you could have been the bigger perk farmer. Risking less in a 410 to gain more than he could ever gain. I’m sure you already know the amount of perks to be gained from a 410 vs B29’s.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2022, 11:27:51 AM »
  I could have upped any number of other planes but I enjoy the challenge of using the 410. It's a lot of work and planning to a.) get the 410 up to 20k. b.) be in a position for a successful merge and c.) shred them with twin 30mm cannons.

My whole point is this, Its not that he upped a 163 to kill the 29's. Its that he knew I was starting from 3 sectors away with a 410, knew they were B29's and waited until I was just about in range to up the 163 with the sole intention of poaching the kills from me without a shred of consideration for the work, time and effort I invested in setting up to protect the strats.
 Moreover, at the same time I was nearing the 29's there was another set of buffs attacking the dar strat and he should have upped his 163 there if his intentions were protecting strats. it was a dik move is all. I guess I can't expect everybody to play with integrity

Since I fly 163s a good amount and enjoy buzzing around in them, I'll comment:

When I see a darbar near a strat I have a short checklist:
Where is the 163 base? (How far away from bombers, etc)
Who else is around? How many friendlies? What is the likelihood they would get there before me, eg. is it worth it to roll?
If there are 3 guys on 1 bomber set I won't bother, if there is 1 guy and 1 set of bombers I think it's worth it.

Once those questions are answered I either up one or don't.

I personally don't care how long it took someone to chase them nor do I know that information without asking. It is also not worth me asking that question. Everyone has the equal opportunity to roll a 163. I feel your pain of getting beat to the punch, but unless the dude is purposely going out of his way to harass you, you can't really be mad.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2022, 11:58:46 AM »
Damn Guthrie, it took me 2  cups of coffee ☕️ to read that, 🤣 😂 🤣

Good Morning!

TC

Mornin', TC!  :D

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2022, 12:20:36 PM »
Let us commence a journey into the much-traveled topic of the toxic player's unendurable...

I asked around trying to get some interpretation of what this post means but was politely ( :rofl) advised to ask you directly. Is this a domestic American politics reference?

What do you mean Arlo?

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0