Author Topic: View features lost  (Read 1266 times)

Offline nasty

• Zinc Member
View features lost
« on: March 06, 2022, 01:33:01 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I've been using the default snap views bound to my joystick for over 10 years now. I decided to try my Track IR Setup that I use for DCS and iL2 on AH3 today, which worked nicely, but I didn't like it as much. That said, I closed the program and disconnected my phone (I use Smooth Track) and went back to AH3 only to find that the default view in my Corsair was not what I set. F8 no longer works. In F3 and F4 with F8 turned on it works as a snap position, not held pan. Arrow keys and my bound hat switches do not move the head position at all, simply shaking and not moving. It is very frustrating since I can no longer see temps, pressures, or any other important gauges I could see in flight. Any ideas? Only thing left I can think of is to uninstall and reinstall. Thanks
The M1 Garand is the greatest battle implement ever divised.
-General George S Patton JR

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: View features lost
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 10:51:20 PM »
Before you re-install the game try renaming the Settings folder in the game directory. That will cause the game to make a new one and you can see if the problem persists.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 04:58:00 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I've been using the default snap views bound to my joystick for over 10 years now. I decided to try my Track IR Setup that I use for DCS and iL2 on AH3 today, which worked nicely, but I didn't like it as much. That said, I closed the program and disconnected my phone (I use Smooth Track) and went back to AH3 only to find that the default view in my Corsair was not what I set. F8 no longer works. In F3 and F4 with F8 turned on it works as a snap position, not held pan. Arrow keys and my bound hat switches do not move the head position at all, simply shaking and not moving. It is very frustrating since I can no longer see temps, pressures, or any other important gauges I could see in flight. Any ideas? Only thing left I can think of is to uninstall and reinstall. Thanks
wouldnt it be easier to check Mappings of hat switch? Reset views? Then again,it takes 6 hours for me to do an install. I always had to restart the game, when I went from TIR to default monitor, when trying to get used to it.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline nasty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 12:06:24 PM »
Before you re-install the game try renaming the Settings folder in the game directory. That will cause the game to make a new one and you can see if the problem persists.

I did try this after your suggestion, but it did not work. The same issues remained with my head tracking off.

Offline nasty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 12:07:58 PM »
wouldnt it be easier to check Mappings of hat switch? Reset views? Then again,it takes 6 hours for me to do an install. I always had to restart the game, when I went from TIR to default monitor, when trying to get used to it.

I could try remapping everything, however all of the game-default key maps for head views are also messed up. F3 and F4 work as snaps even with F8 on which they have never. The main arrow keys simply shake the head position rather than moving it up or down.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 01:15:21 PM »
Just in case you've never heard of this little trick to try when something all of the sudden doesn't work in Windows: Keep the Shift button pressed while clicking Shutdown for Windows. The next time you start your computer it will start from scratch instead of using a saved list of the settings that happened to be there at shutdown. It may not work here but it only takes two minutes to try.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 01:51:26 PM »
I could try remapping everything, however all of the game-default key maps for head views are also messed up. F3 and F4 work as snaps even with F8 on which they have never. The main arrow keys simply shake the head position rather than moving it up or down.

When the arrows shake like that it usually means you have an anlog function mapped to views, like a mini joystick tied to zoom or to use it to slide your view around

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 07:29:14 PM »
F3, F4 and F8 are programed in the Keyboard mapping. Quick enough to check those mappings.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2022, 05:12:24 PM »
Once you get everything back the way you like it, you may find it helpful in the future to save a backup of your settings for the game.  Think how much easier it would have been if you had saved a back up prior to installing the TrackIR.  I'm also kind of surprised you found TrackIR views lacking in Aces High, I found the TrackIR views to be superior, I also use TrackIR in DCL, Arma and any other game that allows it.  You can adjust the views presented by TrackIR.  Hope this helps. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline nasty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2022, 04:21:29 PM »
Just in case you've never heard of this little trick to try when something all of the sudden doesn't work in Windows: Keep the Shift button pressed while clicking Shutdown for Windows. The next time you start your computer it will start from scratch instead of using a saved list of the settings that happened to be there at shutdown. It may not work here but it only takes two minutes to try.

Thanks for this tip! I will give it a try

Offline nasty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2022, 04:26:08 PM »
Once you get everything back the way you like it, you may find it helpful in the future to save a backup of your settings for the game.  Think how much easier it would have been if you had saved a back up prior to installing the TrackIR.  I'm also kind of surprised you found TrackIR views lacking in Aces High, I found the TrackIR views to be superior, I also use TrackIR in DCL, Arma and any other game that allows it.  You can adjust the views presented by TrackIR.  Hope this helps.

I've personally gotten used to them. I mainly use TrackIR for DCS and iL2, but AH3 has always been more "casual" for me. Typically on AH3 there are times where I don't need to be on high alert for a while and others where its just a night of having a few drinks and having fun with the squad. The biggest thing is that since this version uses the LIDAR on my phone to track, my phone is in constant use which sort of keeps me out of the loop for calls and messages which is limiting at times where I need to have it ready. Its because of this, that I would ideally like to be able to use both the snap views I had set up and TrackIR when applicable.

Offline nasty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2022, 04:27:20 PM »
F3, F4 and F8 are programed in the Keyboard mapping. Quick enough to check those mappings.

All of the mappings are correct and show that they work. In F3 and F4 with F8 pressed it has always gone from a snap view to a pan that holds. This no longer works. Same for cockpit views.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2022, 03:46:00 AM »
I could try remapping everything, however all of the game-default key maps for head views are also messed up. F3 and F4 work as snaps even with F8 on which they have never. The main arrow keys simply shake the head position rather than moving it up or down. I never had an issue with TracIR? Once I dialed in my Dead Zones and Curves...AWESOME!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 03:49:29 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 05:22:15 AM by 1stpar3 »