Author Topic: Shane's Math /SA failure  (Read 3962 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Shane's Math /SA failure
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2022, 06:59:51 AM »
MNM and KOTH are great alternatives to MA IMO  and should be enjoyed by all

I was cannon fodder for all in KOTH for quite a bit before I could get a kill here and there

MNM is the place to be to sharpen your aim - you will not get more opportunities in an hour (8 to 9pm est) anywhere else

Hope to see more of all of you in both

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2022, 08:39:07 AM »

I was cannon fodder for all in KOTH for quite a bit before I could get a kill here and there

MNM is the place to be to sharpen your aim - you will not get more opportunities in an hour (8 to 9pm est) anywhere else

<S>

Eagler

Agreed, MNM is about aim/picking, not so much about SA.

My biggest issue with MNM is the icon settings not being the same- and I don't mean the no icon aspect, but rather the friendly icon 3k, enemy icon 1k, it benefits pickers, pure and simple and doesn't help defensive SA because an enemy has the advantage when you're engaged with someone else - seeing you 3k out and you can't really respond until they're in guns range (1k or less) - you might not even see their plane with the fog and buildings.

This is why my presence in MNM has been minimal. The playing field isn't level.  It can be fun, I guess, but it's not for me.  Make it so all icons friendly/enemy are the same 1k, 3k or whatever and you might find me back with a more level playing field.

I've always had issues with this setting when it was run in the AvA/CT.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2022, 10:05:16 AM »

<S>

Eagler

Absolutely Correct and Agree!

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2022, 12:28:51 PM »
the best part of Monday Night Madness is it doesn't produce 3-page dissertations like this. its all about fun, sometimes yours, sometimes the other guys!

<S> to all who play the game. god love each and every one of you!!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2022, 10:21:25 PM »

<S> to all who play the game. god love each and every one of you!!

I have missed MNMadness as well as your company Jaeger and the rest of the  crowd...

<SALUTE>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2022, 06:06:11 AM »

Agreed, MNM is about aim/picking, not so much about SA.

My biggest issue with MNM is the icon settings not being the same- and I don't mean the no icon aspect, but rather the friendly icon 3k, enemy icon 1k, it benefits pickers, pure and simple and doesn't help defensive SA because an enemy has the advantage when you're engaged with someone else - seeing you 3k out and you can't really respond until they're in guns range (1k or less) - you might not even see their plane with the fog and buildings.

This is why my presence in MNM has been minimal. The playing field isn't level.  It can be fun, I guess, but it's not for me.  Make it so all icons friendly/enemy are the same 1k, 3k or whatever and you might find me back with a more level playing field.

I've always had issues with this setting when it was run in the AvA/CT.
? I cant wrap my head around your Objections, as MNM Settings go! EVERYONE that I have talked into participating..."WHERE did HE COME FROM"! Having friendlies being shown..gives false sense of security? Its the DOT, that will kill you! MNM Vastly improved my SA! Agree too Disagree I guess? FYI! I didnt post this Film as a SLAM towards you,Sir! As stated, I missed more than my share of SA miscues! KOTH is your thing, MNM is mine! I wasnt intending to be degrading....towards either approach.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2022, 09:15:16 AM »
Maybe some pictures will help clarify my point.  As soon as I figure out a decent hosting site.

https://ibb.co/hCmgk8w

? I cant wrap my head around your Objections, as MNM Settings go! EVERYONE that I have talked into participating..."WHERE did HE COME FROM"! Having friendlies being shown..gives false sense of security? Its the DOT, that will kill you! MNM Vastly improved my SA! Agree too Disagree I guess? FYI! I didnt post this Film as a SLAM towards you,Sir! As stated, I missed more than my share of SA miscues! KOTH is your thing, MNM is mine! I wasnt intending to be degrading....towards either approach.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 09:36:03 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2022, 10:55:38 AM »
Good illustration.

It makes it different and more difficult than MA in the icon aspect anyways

Just be "C" more often if you think that is advantageous

Just watch out for the other "C"'s  :)

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2022, 04:54:31 AM »
Good illustration.

It makes it different and more difficult than MA in the icon aspect anyways

Just be "C" more often if you think that is advantageous

Just watch out for the other "C"'s  :)

Eagler
And this is why I miss My Blizz...Pink Spit, aka Bait :rofl Clip Board map is negated. Even the "DOT VIS" seems to be retarded, compared to MA? Keeping adequate SA is a struggle, thus my claims of improvement in MA, SA.If I narrowed down, the reason I get killed in MNM...its because "MUST Kill Eagler(defense of niece Blizz)/Puma/Jaeger"? It is just different enough, to keep me interested? My K/D in MA, VASTLY IMPROVED. VR was also a HUGE Factor, I am sure? When training my Niece, with Puma44's assistance.. MNM was INTREGAL! Will always hold a special place in my AH memories!   If DCS had anything like the settings we have in MNM, you guys would hardly see me at all!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 05:34:12 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain