Author Topic: March 2022 KOTH Results.  (Read 1966 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
March 2022 KOTH Results.
« on: March 13, 2022, 12:39:37 PM »
Another good event and maybe next month we try using A3. We had many folks up against the walls and I realize some of that was me not starting the rounds as soon as I usually do but we seem to be getting more people into the event.  :D Round by round stuff up in a day or three, coincidentally the same number of catalytic converters my van has had. Well, after I replace the current one.
trogdor won the event and selected split perks, 1/2 bomber and 1/2 vehicle; along with the P-40N for next month's first ride. Aprils's KOTH will be on the 3rd Saturday a week later than usual as the scenario is running the 2nd one. Still slots open if you want to fly in that.
Congratulations and -{S}- trogdor.

Oh yea, a thing came up last night nobody, especially me, cogitated about yet. Wabbit status for folks who have already won a KOTH.
Last night I was calling Eagler a wabbit with only 2 round wins even though he needed 4 to win the event. That may have really hurt his efforts to win as he got ganged prematurely.
Obviously the people who have won a KOTH and need to win 4 rounds for next win are wabbits after getting three wins opposed to the normal two. I'll remember that next month from the start.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: March 2022 KOTH Results.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 01:04:40 PM »
<S> trogdor!

It was a good turnout with great fights!

Thanks for hosting it again fuzeman- I was hoping you'd get to fly after the arena settled out

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 08:07:17 PM »
I suck but it sounds like fun. Im in next time
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 01:34:56 AM »
WTG Trog!   

It was a fun time and good to see attendance trending up.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 12:11:21 PM »
Another good KOTH that lasted just under two hours and went eight rounds. Fourteen people in the air at most and we had two wabbits once I figured out how that worked in 2022.  I was calling Eagler a wabbit too soon when he only had two round wins opposed to three which he actually needed seeing he needs four to win the event with the new rule. No repeat winner this month as trogdor sharped his teeth for the event.
-{S}- and Conratulations again to trogdor for winning the March KOTH. He chose the split GV-bomber perk award and selected the P-40N for April's first chariot of battle.

Round by round results:
1} Eagler in a La-7; 9 minutes.
2} Eagler in a Bf 109F-4; 15.5 minutes   
3} trogdor in a C.202; 15.4 minutes
4} trogdor in a Fw 190A-5; 12.5 minutes   {Wabbit}
5} Vlkyrie1 in a Bf 110G-2; 8.3 minutes
6} Rascal43 in a P-47D-11; 10 minutes
7} Vlkyrie1 in a Spitfire Mk. XVI; 9 minutes   {Wabbit}
8} trogdor wins in a  P-47D40; 11 minutes

trodgdor, Vlkyrie1, Rascal43 all earn reservations to the TOC. Eagler had 22 kills and Rascal43 only had 7 but Eagler already has a reservation so the most kills entry this month goes to Rascal43.
We also have a attendance slot that I'll have to update. If you missed any so far you can still get this one as a few absences wont eliminate your chances but times running out.
Logs can be found at http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2022, 12:22:40 PM »
Fuze we are doing entries into TOC based on most kills per event this year?

Does that mean I get a bid for the the month of February?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2022, 02:09:28 PM »
Fuze we are doing entries into TOC based on most kills per event this year?

Does that mean I get a bid for the the month of February?

To boost TOC attendance we added a most kills per event thing letting a person in who got kills but didn’t get wabbit status. Looking at Feb now.

You had the most kills and I already did include you if you double check who I mentioned got TOC reservations.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 02:12:38 PM by fuzeman »

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2022, 04:01:53 PM »
To boost TOC attendance we added a most kills per event thing letting a person in who got kills but didn’t get wabbit status. Looking at Feb now.

You had the most kills and I already did include you if you double check who I mentioned got TOC reservations.
  right on... thanks

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2022, 10:36:56 AM »
Congratulations Trogdor!

I was unaware that you had returned to Aces High!  Great to hear 👍

Dave,  I am going to be at the next several events of KOTH....guess I will be cannon fodder for all who attended LMFAO...

I've been missing all of y'all!

<S>

TC./  Johnny
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2022, 12:47:48 PM »
As long as you can make the next few missing the last couple wont be too bad. You’ll get any rust off quickly I’d assume.
Was wondering what was up but /and figured you’d say something IF you wanted to.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2022, 11:23:09 AM »
As long as you can make the next few missing the last couple wont be too bad. You’ll get any rust off quickly I’d assume.
Was wondering what was up but /and figured you’d say something IF you wanted to.

Sorry Dave,  have had a good bit of stuff to deal with for the past few months,  brother...I should have given you a call

I am curious about when the next KOTH will be scheduled for April, so I can get my schedule situated...
Good Lord....geez hahaha 😆

<S>

TC  / Johnny
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2022, 11:51:02 AM »
<SNIP>Aprils's KOTH will be on the 3rd Saturday a week later than usual as the scenario is running the 2nd one.
<SNIP>

Thought I mentioned it early on.

And fwiw this came up in another thread which I’m not responding too.
 No check 6’s are allowed at ANY Times!

Am I the only one who actually knows and follows the rules in this event?
Too bad I can’t fly in it because I have to be the :police:

Maybe we need to go back to 30 minutes of me going over all our rules? We all like that, don’t we?? :rofl :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 12:12:39 PM by fuzeman »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2022, 12:22:17 PM »
Maybe a rules review 15 minutes prior to start

It takes long enough to get going now sometimes

Personally the rules are simple enough and if not followed to a tee can usually be ignored

I for one will not call a no joy because I see an icon..I will just turn and shoot it down when fights on is called

That is something that needs to be announced sooner Imo - fights on - than later once the 1st 5k is texted...just to keep up from running into the side walls :)

To keep us who know what to do waiting while a newbie is explained the game is not the way to go IMO

I give newbies a break as they are usually the first to die so if they don't follow every rule to the word, it's ok with me

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2022, 10:50:18 PM »
I’m curious, just how many people do you think are at 5k when the first person calls it out?
And I personally remember occasionally not getting a 5k typed out, what then?
And not that it matters but the rare occasion I fly I’m never at 5k when the first guy types it out. I’m usually around 3.5 k give or take. Doesn't matter, gotta get the fight started right?
There’s not that many who do attend but you do have to keep everyone in mind when running an event, at least I think I have to.

One step forward, two steps back….

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2022, 03:46:11 AM »
I've noticed over the past 24+ years of KOTH that it is always the players that have been around the longest playing in the event, who reach certain things like 5K alt, etc...first..