Author Topic: ETOMA in Custom Arenas  (Read 1663 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
ETOMA in Custom Arenas
« on: March 17, 2022, 11:01:00 AM »
ETOMA is up for those wishing to review it, in the Custom Arenas. Would love to have some feedback. I will try to keep it up most of the day.  :cheers:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: ETOMA in Custom Arenas
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 11:55:02 AM »
Awesome!

I'm going to try to get in there this afternoon and run a B-17 mission against Berlin.  Or maybe low-level B-24s against Ploesti.

Maybe I'll take control of a fleet and try to force my way into the Med and see what happens.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 04:34:50 PM »
Kenai, it's brilliant.

The cliffs of Dover, Rock of Gibraltar, the Hellespont - all there.   I think it's going to be a big hit in the Main Arena.   Heard nothing but positive comments about it while I was in there.   I think the sun posiiton/local time discrepancy has been solved. 

I hope Hitech puts it in - I think it's gonna be a blast.    Can't wait to see the Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group or FineTime and his Burma Bridge Busters plan and run some missions there.   With the added bases it should stay up at least a few days at a time, I hope!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 04:43:46 PM by oboe »

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 06:16:18 PM »
I hope so Oboe, we have been nurturing this map since December, and have gone through numerous changes. I think it's about time to call it good and pass it on to Hitech. I just want to go through each base 1 more time to make sure.  :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 07:30:53 PM »
Well, to get a decent test, HTC could probably keep it up for a full week regardless of it's rolled.  :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 08:44:33 PM »
Well, to get a decent test, HTC could probably keep it up for a full week regardless of it's rolled.  :)

THere shouldn't be an issue about fights, as close as the bases are. We'll see, hoping for the best.  :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2022, 08:25:08 AM »
Shoot!  I forgot to check for trains - where do they run again?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 08:30:28 AM »
Hah...reminds me of the old AH2 trucks that would send your tank flying or when they were bugged and went across the ends of runways. Lost a lot of perk rides that way.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2022, 09:14:38 AM »
Shoot!  I forgot to check for trains - where do they run again?

All the strats, except the City have trains going to them.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2022, 09:16:16 AM »
Hah...reminds me of the old AH2 trucks that would send your tank flying or when they were bugged and went across the ends of runways. Lost a lot of perk rides that way.

Did that the other day with and M3 on some railroad tracks, knocked me clean off the tracks. Had to end sortie to get back to playing again. :rofl
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2022, 09:32:55 AM »
ETOMA is up again in the Custom Arenas, will try to keep it up today. I most likely will not be at my computer, so have fun and give us some feedback.  :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2022, 09:36:22 AM »
I have been flying limited sorties. I have not checked this out yet. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Always appreciate those who work hard for the betterment of others.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2022, 02:58:51 PM »
Well, I got to mess around a little in it, though not as much as I'd have liked.  Things that I've noted for strats:

1) Flak Batteries are a bit too far from strats.  The distance between them and strats should be halved at least, especially for cities.  Rome for example: I took some 88's to 10k and made a run from the E; Flak didn't open up until I was pretty much at bomb drop.  It will be the same if I make a run from the E on Berlin; or I suspect NNE into London.  London was the only one I didn't make a run on, just basing my call off of what I saw at Berlin/Rome.  Berlin, I made a run at 10k with Lancs from the W, to test flak intensity; and while I took some hits, I was not worried in the slightest.

2) I think there should be two flak batteries for cities since they are more or less "front line" and affect town down times.

On that note: For some reason I could not hear any flak bursts while in the Lanc.  I heard them just fine in the 88's though. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2022, 04:18:44 PM »
Is there a difference in flak accuracy/lethality offline play vs MA?   I saw a number of bursts as well, but didn’t feel too threatened.  But I wonder if the settings are different/stronger in the MA.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2022, 04:28:35 PM »
Volron, points well taken. Moving the City Flaks closer is no problem, nor is adding an additional one. Will discuss with Oboe and make a final decision. Thank you very much for the constructive feedback.

Oboe as far as I know there is no difference in the puffy ack in the MA or in the Custom arenas, unless specifically set in the Arena tables by the originator.

Shuffler, first it is great to see you back again. Second thank you for the kind words. Hope you have a chance to check it out. It is available offline as well.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76