Author Topic: Very disappointed with Combatsim.com,Dogfiter and SimHQ.com  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Spoons - SimHQ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.simhq.com
Very disappointed with Combatsim.com,Dogfiter and SimHQ.com
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2000, 02:05:00 PM »
>wasn't there a guy in here on the UBB who was researching or writing something about AH a few weeks ago? Wasn't he trying to get a feel of the community or something? i can't remember who it is or where he/she was from.

That be me.  

Just FYI....I currently have an interview on HiTech's desk and am just waiting for it to come back to me before we publish it, and I'm working on a review of AH as my next story for the site (hopefully see that next week).

Haven't forgotten about AH in the news at all....in fact, I come here several times daily, and have reported all of the recent items from the official announcements board (with the exception of the terrain beta, since that was such a small group they were looking for).

We're also working on a story that, while not specific to AH, was generated out of some training arena sparring that Andy Bush, Dan Crenshaw, and I did last week.  I'm not writing it, but I'm willing to bet that AH will be mentioned.

I've also posted threads about AH in three of our board forums.

As for Crash and Gman, Gman's review was posted already while he was at CSim and was damn good.  Hope mine is of the same quality.  If you know the kind of article I write, you can rest assured it will be detailed (read:  "oh my god, if this guy writes another word, I'm going to scream"    ).

I don't want to speak for another person, but Crash has been pretty damn busy for much of the last week or so doing screenshots off of his new Voodoo5.  I know because my evening now isn't complete without our nightly 2-hour long ICQ chat/phone call session getting the next day's set of shots ready.      I know MY flying time's been affected, and I'm sure his has as well.  In fact, we were going to go up last night, but we were getting some V5 shots for our Comanche-Hokum review that we posted today.

So, to answer your question, I'm still in....

Ideas for stories are always welcome too, BTW.  Hell, so are criticisms, praise, and good stock tips.

[UPDATE:  3:45 PM ET  I just got my interview back from HiTech, so barring fire, flood, plagues of locusts, etc., it will be going up tomorrow AM first thing.]

See you up there,
------------------
John Sponauer
Senior Editor, SimHQ.com
jsponauer@simhq.com

[This message has been edited by Spoons - SimHQ (edited 05-03-2000).]

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2000, 04:55:00 PM »
In truth, there are lots of things about AH that I would like to try.  Unfortunately, despite my best efforts (and I do know my hardware) I could not get AH to work properly on my system.  I may be getting the ThrustMaster USB HOTAS system that I mentioned above, if that solves the problem and WWIIonline has not come out, I may join up.  Frankly, even with WWIIonline I may join up to have access to mid and late war aircraft.  I will also be replacing my system sometime around September.  I just got riled at someone spewing stuff that he knew nothing about.  I popped off, and I shouldn't have.  I apologize for that.

Sisu
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2000, 05:21:00 PM »
 Spoons,

I like your service    this must be the reason I go to your site 1st every evening after I read the posts here  

keep up the good work........

udie
 I/JG2

Offline Spoons - SimHQ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.simhq.com
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2000, 06:28:00 PM »
Udie,

Flattery will get you everywhere....

Please send checks to:
A.M. Sponauer College Fund....