Author Topic: The Power of BIG Oil  (Read 5431 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: The Power of BIG Oil
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2022, 05:22:49 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

WHat country you live in????

I live in the one that's making record profits through both a pandemic and the Russian invasion of Ukraine. So, of course, hike the prices on consumers in our consumer based economy.  :old:

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2022, 10:14:23 PM »
I live in the one that's making record profits through both a pandemic and the Russian invasion of Ukraine. So, of course, hike the prices on consumers in our consumer based economy.  :old:

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl Not sure what country your in either.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Robbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2022, 03:38:42 AM »
It kind of surprises me that anyone can justifiably be polarized in the current world. No matter what the left accuses the right of, you can find some evil that the other is doing and so forth. They are all liars and they are all probably narcissistic sociopaths so I am done with it. as Grimes would say, " we are all victims of propaganda." it's an ugly lying world and nobody knows what to believe anymore. so you can get on a soapbox and spout the party rhetoric or you can step back and see the reality of the situation. the choice is yours.

also when in MA please don't attack my b17 formation from six o'clock with a slow rate of closure...I will kill you and my score will get better even though I suck. so it is on you.
The man of many names

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2022, 07:06:56 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl Not sure what country your in either.

Texas is pretty big, I reckon. But not that big.  :D

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2022, 07:49:31 AM »

The economy shrank 1.4% this quarter.

When nobody wants to work, labor prices go up. When you can't get supplies and everything is in demand, prices go up.
When oil prices go up, almost everything goes up.

Of course during the pandemic places like Amazon made record profits because nobody can go anywhere. They're going to order online. People worked from home.

China was shut down several times, including right now. When you can't get stuff out of China and stuff is stuck on the boats or not even being loaded or even manufactured, prices go up.

We are not in a good situation right now. It's probably going to get worse.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2022, 07:50:26 AM »
It kind of surprises me that anyone can justifiably be polarized in the current world. No matter what the left accuses the right of, you can find some evil that the other is doing and so forth. They are all liars and they are all probably narcissistic sociopaths so I am done with it. as Grimes would say, " we are all victims of propaganda." it's an ugly lying world and nobody knows what to believe anymore. so you can get on a soapbox and spout the party rhetoric or you can step back and see the reality of the situation. the choice is yours.

This and as cgi improves reality will be impossible to prove

Both sides are just different corrupt sides of the same coin

Our leaders care only about their own power ...if you believe otherwise you are the fool they need

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2022, 07:55:53 AM »
This and as cgi improves reality will be impossible to prove

Both sides are just different corrupt sides of the same coin

Our leaders care only about their own power ...if you believe otherwise you are the fool they need

Eagler

Avoid Tucker.   :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2022, 07:58:26 AM »

You're confusing the sum total and the gross profit (haves vs have nots).  :old:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2022, 07:58:58 AM »

Which on that same day the manipulated market reversed it's fall and climbed only on the possibility that such a crappy gdp would slow the feds rate raises and money easing...

If that doesn't show that the financial world we live in is 100% manipulated,  crooked and cooked...nothing will

And yes we are in for much worse times

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2022, 08:00:16 AM »
Avoid Tucker.   :D

(Image removed from quote.)

I don't watch him but obviously you do

Eagler

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2022, 08:28:38 AM »
When nobody wants to work, labor prices go up.

https://www.businessinsider.com/worker-applied-to-60-jobs-got-one-interview-labor-shortage-2021-10

It is not an issue of 'nobody wanting to work'. Companies don't want to pay employees what is necessary to live because it will cut into their bottom line. People just want to get paid a fair wage so they can afford the basics and maybe take a vacation or two a year and have a personal life outside of work. It isn't like these large multi-million/billion can't afford to do such a thing. Someone like Bezos shoots himself into space for fun and his employees don't get piss breaks.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of issues with our economy and welfare system as it exists today, but a blanket 'nobody wants to work' is woefully inaccurate.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 08:34:02 AM by Spikes »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2022, 09:50:44 AM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/worker-applied-to-60-jobs-got-one-interview-labor-shortage-2021-10

It is not an issue of 'nobody wanting to work'. Companies don't want to pay employees what is necessary to live because it will cut into their bottom line. People just want to get paid a fair wage so they can afford the basics and maybe take a vacation or two a year and have a personal life outside of work. It isn't like these large multi-million/billion can't afford to do such a thing. Someone like Bezos shoots himself into space for fun and his employees don't get piss breaks.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of issues with our economy and welfare system as it exists today, but a blanket 'nobody wants to work' is woefully inaccurate.

Fair wage=Supply & Demand

a blanket 'nobody wants to work' is woefully inaccurate=many of the younger generation don't know how to work and have no desire to learn. Many of the others want to flip burgers for $25.00 an hour. Is it everybody? No, but way to many of them. You will recall the market was down 900 points the other day, yeah the economy is doing great. :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2022, 10:48:23 AM »

It is an issue of people not wanting to work. Because they make more money staying at home getting handouts. Or did.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2022, 10:49:53 AM »
You're confusing the sum total and the gross profit (haves vs have nots).  :old:

I'm not confusing anything. The GDP shrank 1.4%. you can spend things however you like though. The GDP is how the economy is measured.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2022, 10:51:23 AM »
In case you're still confused, GDP does not mean gross profit.

Gross domestic product (GDP) is used to estimate the size of the US economy. It is calculated as the value of all goods and services produced in the US. In 2019, GDP was $21.4 trillion.