Author Topic: What Ruined The O'Club?  (Read 3644 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: What Ruined The O'Club?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2022, 12:11:47 PM »
...until Skuzzy went overboard and locked down almost every conversation that showed a hint of debate.

It wasn't 'debate.'  :old:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2022, 12:13:51 PM »
Had many back and forth threads concerning the 2000 election and its hanging chads and again in 08 when the chosen one there won over experience...lol

I don't recall the restrictions then that posts are subject to now...

My guess is that there is a fear we might chase the sensitive types away from the game and hurt business

Our skin seems to get thinner with each passing year..

Eagler

Thinner skins and bigger mouths. On that we agree.  :D

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2022, 02:01:33 PM »
Its the Mod that has a thin skin. This board is tame. The closed threads are tame.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2022, 02:07:13 PM »
Its the Mod that has a thin skin. This board is tame. The closed threads are tame.

The mod is HT. The closed threads are closed before they reach complete meltdown status (not good for maintaining a tight knit community). The board is supposed to be tame. You are crying for no good reason.  :)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2022, 03:34:35 PM »
Back in the day, this was a fertile land, both for humor as well as for the trolling of simple minds.

Today, it feels like a battlefield after the smoke has cleared, with the only ones left alive being those who either ducked and hid during the artillery barrages, or those greenhorn replacements who were sent in to clean up afterwards.

So the question is... What happened? Did Skuzzy eliminate everyone worth a damn, or did everyone worth a damn just find something better to do? A combination of the two, perhaps?

Or is the community simply not what it was when this game was still relevant?

You admitted you were a shade and hiding from Skuzzy on one of your first posts, may YOU are what ruined the Oclub.  :devil

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2022, 03:59:44 PM »
It wasn't 'debate.'  :old:

Why debate at all? In this climate, you think you might change someone's mind? :rolleyes:
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2022, 04:00:34 PM »
Back in the day, this was a fertile land, both for humor as well as for the trolling of simple minds.

Just starting this thread, and the rest of your post is going against the "forum posting rules"!

You know you are hiding in the shade, trolling and pushing for this thread to be locked 🔒 🤣 😂 😅 🙄

Outside of every election season and Flame Warriors 🔥 Forums starting up because people couldn't participate by the rules that HTC (HiTech's company) sticky post at the top of every forum on the message boards....

As NB (NoBaddy) would always reply when some player (in-game) or Username on the message boards would whine  about getting warned / muted  or having their post  / reply  edited / removed......

"Well, It's HT's "SANDBOX" !

The Lemmings, dweebs, still wet behind the 👂 ears greenhorns, etc etc ad infinium are not able to follow the  very few rules 😉

Nuff Said!   :old:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2022, 05:00:15 PM »
Just starting this thread, and the rest of your post is going against the "forum posting rules"!

You know you are hiding in the shade, trolling and pushing for this thread to be locked 🔒 🤣 😂 😅 🙄

Outside of every election season and Flame Warriors 🔥 Forums starting up because people couldn't participate by the rules that HTC (HiTech's company) sticky post at the top of every forum on the message boards....

As NB (NoBaddy) would always reply when some player (in-game) or Username on the message boards would whine  about getting warned / muted  or having their post  / reply  edited / removed......

"Well, It's HT's "SANDBOX" !

The Lemmings, dweebs, still wet behind the 👂 ears greenhorns, etc etc ad infinium are not able to follow the  very few rules 😉

Nuff Said!   :old:

TC

THIS     (ooop... I said a four letter word)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2022, 08:32:17 PM »

There are several participants in this thread that are PNGed from here. They even talked about coming back and starting off where they left off when PNGed.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2022, 11:35:28 PM »

HT doesn't have 230 protections,  extrapolate from there.

Does HTC (hitech creations company) offer shares on the stock market?

Is these message boards not by registering to join?  Meaning agreeing to the TOS which includes both the game & the message boards

Meaning that this game & message boards etc.... does not have to abide by the Free Speech 1st amendment or any other amendment

As already mentioned..... This is and has always been HT's SANDBOX (same as his other game before he created this one .....
 by accepting the TOS, each and every player agrees to abide by the way HTC runs & moderates the game and also agrees to follow the forum posting rules...

btw,  I am not perfect,  I have been warned, muted in-game as well as had threads locked and posts/replys edited with the rule I had broken inserted where my original post was....

Is that extrapolated well enough? 🤔
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2022, 11:40:05 PM »
The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prevents the government from making laws that regulate an establishment of religion, or that prohibit the free exercise of religion, or abridge the freedom of speech, the freedom of the press, the freedom of assembly, or the right to petition the government for redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2022, 12:12:27 AM »
HT doesn't have 230 protections

My post/reply  was in response to the above....and where 230 protections doesn't apply or work in this particular case.....

With that said.....one could argue the fact that the US government overstepped themselves by creating and passing the 230 protections bill/clause  because  they knew what they were doing and needed this  section in the  bill(law) being the swamp rats they are (all including Republicans Democrats Liberals Conservatives Independents Libertarians and its  & things) are all only for themselves and once they become a part of the Swamp,  very few remember that they are civil servants appointed by voting Americans to represent the people who voted them in....

I  don't agree with some of Elon Musk's beliefs,  but gotta love how he has handled taking over Twitter and then telling all the board of directors that they are FIRED

Anyway....done fell asleep 3 or how ever many times trying to type this and don't even know or care if this particular reply makes sense...I am falling asleep 😴

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2022, 06:43:47 AM »
So if this poster is a shade that had been booted from the board before why aren't his threads locked from the start?

They have only been inflammatory

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2022, 06:57:49 AM »
Anyone else sense the PNG WHUP STICK about to get dusted off?

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2022, 08:23:37 AM »
Does HTC (hitech creations company) offer shares on the stock market?

Is these message boards not by registering to join?  Meaning agreeing to the TOS which includes both the game & the message boards

Meaning that this game & message boards etc.... does not have to abide by the Free Speech 1st amendment or any other amendment

As already mentioned..... This is and has always been HT's SANDBOX (same as his other game before he created this one .....
 by accepting the TOS, each and every player agrees to abide by the way HTC runs & moderates the game and also agrees to follow the forum posting rules...

btw,  I am not perfect,  I have been warned, muted in-game as well as had threads locked and posts/replys edited with the rule I had broken inserted where my original post was....

Is that extrapolated well enough? 🤔

My point still stands. If someone were to be offended by some non-correct speech and HT let it stand. HT would be held responsible for that.  I'm not complaining about HT moderation because I understand why he does it. He has to protect his business.  I can't fault the man for that.