Author Topic: New Hotas, what to map to it?  (Read 1992 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: New Hotas, what to map to it?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2022, 12:06:34 PM »
There is a Center Tracking choice for controller setup. Ctrl F4 is the keyboard command.

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2022, 09:00:17 AM »
Congrats on getting the VKB Gladiator!  :banana:

I think this is the best mid level stick available and would be a great upgrade for someone who wanted to move up from 3d pro and didn't want to get rudder pedals and throttle as well.

The quality is great. You may need to switch springs to lighter tension but that is easy to do. I switched down one level but am now thinking about going back to the default tension.

The stick is good right out of the box, but the best thing is that you can program it to get even more functionality and do some really cool things.

The worst thing is that the software that comes with it is complex and not well documented.

I was thinking about doing a tutorial video on how to use the software with some profiles for aces high included.

Let me know if that would be helpful for you after you get the stick.

Armed with your new equipment, you will be twice as deadly!  :devil

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2022, 07:41:20 PM »
I agree the software is hard to grasp. But then again it's also capable of doing just about anything you might want to do with a button or axis. You can't say it's not well documented tho. The manual is about 175 pages long and has been revised a couple of times. There are a ton of tutorial vids on their YT channel too. If that's not enough reach out on their forums. There's always plenty of help from the devs there too.

I'm about 4 years into my Gunfighter/MCG-Pro stick and absolutely love it. Starting to run out of patience with VKB on their announced (about that long ago) throttle. Might have to go with Virpil for that. Their throttle is not only a more refined product.... You can actually buy one! Of course that would mean learning their also challenging software!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group