Author Topic: Announcing "Battle of Britain" TFT, June 11  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Announcing "Battle of Britain" TFT, June 11
« on: May 10, 2022, 11:07:01 PM »
Please join us for a day of "Battle of Britain" on June 11.  From noon to 9 pm Eastern US time in special events 2 arena.

Rules writeup to be posted soon.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Announcing "Battle of Britain" TFT, June 11
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 04:22:25 AM »
One day events are not my favourite format but at least it finishes at a reasonable time so I may actually do this.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 09:59:01 PM »
Can I lay claim to 602 Squadron? :)  I've GL'd that Squadron going back to Longbow in AW.  Drop tanks and all that.  First time I GL'd and I've had 602 a number of times in AH. Kinda partial to those "City of Glasgow" pilots

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 10:51:16 PM »
Can I lay claim to 602 Squadron? :)  I've GL'd that Squadron going back to Longbow in AW.  Drop tanks and all that.  First time I GL'd and I've had 602 a number of times in AH. Kinda partial to those "City of Glasgow" pilots

You going to fly all the way down to the Channel from Scotland if the event is set on Adlertag or before?
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 11:42:45 PM »
Beautiful pics!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 02:05:56 PM »
You going to fly all the way down to the Channel from Scotland if the event is set on Adlertag or before?

Actually 602 flew into Westhampnett on the first day of Aldertag, August 13th, so yes we'd fly down from Scotland :)

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 02:08:25 PM »
Beautiful pics!

I was thinking the exact same thing.   Any idea who the artist is?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 02:10:08 PM »

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2022, 08:52:21 PM »
Guppy,

I sent you this in a PM, but you have me blocked. Kindly respond to this and let me know what course you'd like me to take.

The concept of this setup is to feature three key phases of the battle in one day: Kanalkampf, Adler Tag, Blitz. For this nearly 3 month long simulation, I wanted 11 Group units who all participated in each phase. It is quite likely that the squads chosen cooperated throughout the battle with each other
 I think that would be a very neat setup to simulate. Sadly, that counts 602 out as they only participated in one (I can't find any sources on them flying a combat sortie on August 13, only the relocation flight). Furthermore, each unit selected will be stationed at their accurate field. This is another kink for No. 602 Squadron as they were based on the south coast.

Having said all of that, I want to give the people what they want. I want you to enjoy it and have fun even if it means changing things. Currently, 602 is in the event as a special request from a CM, but it will essentially act as No. 92 Squadron being based at Biggin Hill. Are you okay with this? Or would you rather represent 92 in a more accurate setting from the correct field. I do not want 602 based at Northampnett as it doesn't fit in the design plans.

Let me know what you think and I'll edit the writeup and move forward.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 09:17:15 PM »
Guppy,

I sent you this in a PM, but you have me blocked. Kindly respond to this and let me know what course you'd like me to take.

The concept of this setup is to feature three key phases of the battle in one day: Kanalkampf, Adler Tag, Blitz. For this nearly 3 month long simulation, I wanted 11 Group units who all participated in each phase. It is quite likely that the squads chosen cooperated throughout the battle with each other
 I think that would be a very neat setup to simulate. Sadly, that counts 602 out as they only participated in one (I can't find any sources on them flying a combat sortie on August 13, only the relocation flight). Furthermore, each unit selected will be stationed at their accurate field. This is another kink for No. 602 Squadron as they were based on the south coast.

Having said all of that, I want to give the people what they want. I want you to enjoy it and have fun even if it means changing things. Currently, 602 is in the event as a special request from a CM, but it will essentially act as No. 92 Squadron being based at Biggin Hill. Are you okay with this? Or would you rather represent 92 in a more accurate setting from the correct field. I do not want 602 based at Northampnett as it doesn't fit in the design plans.

Let me know what you think and I'll edit the writeup and move forward.

No worries,  I'd prefer it as accurate as possible. 602 will have to sit this one out.  Unblocked BTW  That was from many moons ago.  I look forward to seeing what RAF squadrons are included.  Always a good excuse to dive into another history track
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 09:29:50 PM by Guppy35 »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 01:24:21 AM »
Registration open here:

https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/target-for-today/current-or-next

June 11th, noon to 9 pm Eastern.

Phase 1 (1st three hours) is Luftwaffe attacking shipping.
Phase 2 (2nd three hours) is Luftwaffe attacking airfields.
Phase 3 (final three hours) is Luftwaffe attacking London.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2022, 02:39:44 PM »
Double checking.  Is 602 in or is it supposed to be 92 Squadron?  I see 41 is in there as well.  Needless to say I have a very strong attachment to that squadron as well after getting to know all those 41 Squadron pilots during the 1980s resulting in the reunion I helped put together in England.  Yes any excuse to post this image of me in the group photo. Outside of my family, probably the proudest moment of this old man's life.  The only non Spit pilot in the photo.  I got adopted by the 41 vets :)  The Spit in the background that I was able to spend time sitting in, is an actual B of B survivor.  Sadly all those vets are now gone :(

So if its 92 I'll jump in 41, but if it's 602 I'll go there as I know we have a nicely done Greebo 602 Spit I skin.

Oh to be that young again.  Ten years before my first Airwarrior sortie :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 02:41:51 PM by Guppy35 »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2022, 03:22:16 PM »
I've envied you this for many years, Dan.  :cheers:

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2022, 03:46:46 PM »
It will be No. 92, not No. 602 per your response to my previous question about your preference.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2022, 07:08:59 PM »
It will be No. 92, not No. 602 per your response to my previous question about your preference.

Cool.  41 Squadron it is.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 07:22:27 PM by Guppy35 »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters