Author Topic: Heads up Regarding Hotas Settings being wiped out!  (Read 2356 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Heads up Regarding Hotas Settings being wiped out!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2022, 01:37:11 PM »
I never messed with the stickdef

Dale and I only looked at, compared and edited the jsm files in the settings folder

Hmm....now you got me interested in reviewing my stickdef folder jsm files....but I am thinking that folder is for controllers jsm selections? Options? That the game pre-loads or allows the player to save jsm file options

« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 01:38:47 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2022, 01:46:57 PM »
Beats me. So far the good news is I got my settings back it looks like they're sticking. The bad news is it hasn't fixed this crazy micro freeze. Be great if I could duplicate it. Just so random.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2022, 09:04:13 AM »
Thanks for posting about this.

I have a new virpil throttle that I'm trying to get set up and I'm having similiar problems.

I'll have to see if this helps.

:salute

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2022, 07:33:57 AM »
FYI during last night's FSO frame I repeatedly lost the settings this time ONLY with the CH throttle. Small step forward I guess since it wasn't everything! Still annoying as hell.

Same basic event. Micro pause and my throttle and RPMs cut down to zero. Pushing the RPMs back up put them back. So no settings lost for the Logitech quadrant. But the CH throttle was unresponsive. Had to do a quick assignment to throttle 1 and recalibrate it. Must have happened ten times.

Don't know where this came from. Wish I could duplicate it happening. It just randomly does it.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2022, 11:53:49 AM »
Same basic event. Micro pause and my throttle and RPMs cut down to zero. Pushing the RPMs back up put them back. So no settings lost for the Logitech quadrant. But the CH throttle was unresponsive. Had to do a quick assignment to throttle 1 and recalibrate it.

Is it similar to when you go on the runway and you have to back and forward your throttle before it starts to work (that is a feature to prevent premature takeoff)? If so, there's something happening that makes the game think you've started a new sortie. In that case it should also show in the number of sorties!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2022, 06:23:33 PM »
It does that too but this happens randomly. I think it's related to the micro freeze thing somehow. That little freeze that only happens with DX 11, which I have to use for VR. They seem to coincide. I think TC was on to something with the CH throttle. That's the only hoopty controller I have left and currently it's the only one affected.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2022, 06:33:25 PM »
When the usb cable to my vr headset started getting flaky I got those controller fluctuations.

Mine got worse quickly..like the usb bus blips out and the settings are lost on the hotas

Replacing that cable fixed my blips

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals