Author Topic: Would any of you consider this a Head On?  (Read 3271 times)

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
Would any of you consider this a Head On?
« on: May 16, 2022, 10:03:57 PM »
Just buzzin around in the amazing Monday Night Madness when I get jumped by a Brewster. After The short fight the individual accused me of taking a Head On shot and left in a huff.

Now normally I really don't care about this kind of crap but the MNM has a specific rule against it so I'd like to keep the record straight. Does anyone else believe this was what we consider a "HO" shot???
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Would any of you consider this a Head On?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 10:12:01 PM »
If that's a HO shot, than any shot is a HO shot.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 10:20:35 PM »
Not going to watch the film because I am too busy but when flying these games you need to understand that at times you and your opponent are not actually seeing the identical same thing due to the fact of how  the internet works and 2 separate FEs plus what the server is getting and sending back.

Lusche has recorded/ films and all to show all this information many years ago

Edit:  or might have been batfink...
Just  letting y'all know

Hope this helps

TC
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 10:22:59 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 10:24:29 PM »
Not going to watch the film because I am too busy but when flying these games you need to understand that at times you and your opponent are not actually seeing the identical same thing due to the fact of how  the internet works and 2 separate FEs plus what the server is getting and sending back.

While this is certainly true, there would have to be a really huge difference for anyone to call that a HO.  Why don't you ask OOPK for his/her film?  Could be interesting.

- oldman (Sorry I couldn't make MNM this night, looks like it was fun times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 11:40:42 PM »
TC, you really should watch the clip.

While what you posted is very true, the victim is simply making excuses for getting reversed and shot from the high 6 position after overshooting.

It's really laughable.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 02:10:42 AM »
TC, you really should watch the clip.

While what you posted is very true, the victim is simply making excuses for getting reversed and shot from the high 6 position after overshooting.

It's really laughable.

Now that sounds hilarious 😂 😃...I will try to get to before to see it this weekend...got doctors and stuff....damn fingers hurt and are not willing to worry too right for 3me...ah f it.
Heh
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 02:18:49 AM »
My memory just reminded me of something from long ago Devil505,  was it not y'alls AW 505 squad that came to me and asked to help y'all get your AW Squadron website going?  Hehe I can't believe that just came back to my memory  right now 😅

<S> and cheers

TC

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 07:32:13 AM »
My memory just reminded me of something from long ago Devil505,  was it not y'alls AW 505 squad that came to me and asked to help y'all get your AW Squadron website going?  Hehe I can't believe that just came back to my memory  right now 😅

<S> and cheers

TC

No, my name is a reference to Flight of the Intruder. The A-6 often flown by the protagonist, Jake Grafton, has the radio call sign of Devil 505.

:cheers:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 07:34:58 AM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 02:42:51 PM »
If that's a HO shot, than any shot is a HO shot.

Apparently any time 00PK is shot at its a Head On
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 04:10:25 PM »
Apparently any time 00PK is shot at its a Head On

I was there and don't remember 00PK's comment, but the film doesn't do justice to the confused atmosphere in MNM.  The fog and the decreased enemy icon range is enough to confuse me.  I spend a lot of time dodging between buildings with someone on my six and the stall buzzer going off n my ear.

And it's not unusual that I look forward after checking my six and find a red icon at D6 and closing.  I think there's a difference between that and the deliberate HO.  And, in my opinion, what I saw on the film, and I watched both the 'recorded views' and 'external' view, didn't look like an HO to me.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 05:59:33 PM »
I was there and don't remember 00PK's comment, but the film doesn't do justice to the confused atmosphere in MNM.  The fog and the decreased enemy icon range is enough to confuse me.  I spend a lot of time dodging between buildings with someone on my six and the stall buzzer going off n my ear.

And it's not unusual that I look forward after checking my six and find a red icon at D6 and closing.  I think there's a difference between that and the deliberate HO.  And, in my opinion, what I saw on the film, and I watched both the 'recorded views' and 'external' view, didn't look like an HO to me.

Passing each other head-on like it the situation described is OK, firing while passing head-on is not.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2022, 09:13:56 PM »
Passing each other head-on like it the situation described is OK, firing while passing head-on is not.

Fugitive, I respect your opinion.  So, if I'm avoiding a HO situation and fire a burst, is that firing in an HO or a deflection shot?  MNM is about the only place I engage in ACM, but my thinking has been that, whenever I believe my rounds have a reasonable chance at hitting my target, it's time to fire.  I'm not trying to be argumentative, but there are players who do not value chivalry and then there are those who go full throttle into the dark side of the game.

Just my opinion, as always.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2022, 09:35:18 PM »
Cant believe someone actually complained about it.  Its all good. Best of times.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2022, 05:22:41 AM »
Cant believe someone actually complained about it.  Its all good. Best of times.

Exactly

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2022, 06:55:46 AM »
Unless it's stated somewhere I have never seen, it's not against the rules to ho in ma.

Stop crying about it and don't put yourself in a position for it if you don't want it..

If you are in a turny plane or have your buddies around you and you see a lone g2 with gonds coming your way, please expect my ho..sorry my first choice is not to turn fight lol

Anything outside 11 to 1 is not a ho, many not seeing the angle correctly on their fe will complain it is..

If you are alone in any plane and a 109f4 is headed your way, I will not ho

Unless the setup is non ho - see MNM where planes pass by head on all night as hoing is not tolerated  - I expected it as it happens more than it doesn't

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals