Author Topic: Book  (Read 8752 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Book
« on: May 17, 2022, 01:36:33 AM »
Whats the last book you read?

Not books about wizards or people who can turn into werewolves?

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Book
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 02:29:22 AM »
Whats the last book you read?

Not books about wizards or people who can turn into werewolves?

I don't read much of any books anymore, which I regret but just can't make myself to stay involved with them these days

I'm a Distinguished Lifetime member of the NRA,  though and I  read my monthly subscription of Shooting illustrated,  American Hunter, and National Rifleman...just saying

My last book that I read if I am not mistaken, was "Fat Kid's War", written by Kelley Crawford/ Damned Niffers ( Niff l....book is about his time  having to go to Vietnam and serve overseas...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 02:35:06 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 02:42:58 AM »
I have never bothered to post books and white papers of the work I have done in my life...

Nuclear Physics, Energy Engineering,  Nuclear Thermodynamics and Thermodynamics,  etc....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 04:42:55 AM »
If you don’t read books you don’t have a view on anything ? :rofl

Are you American ?

Its very odd that books cause anger.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 04:45:15 AM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 05:40:09 AM »
I do do Bible study every morning 5 to 6am....and will never stop ✋️ 🙃 🙂

But wasn't trying to get your thread locked...like what happened yesterday after I was trying to reply to-gg- and Arlo and had typed for over 35+ minutes just to go to post and see it pop up that I couldn't post to a locked thread ROFLMAO hahaha 🤣 Good Lord,  what a waste of nearly an hour typing 🤣 🙄 😂

Cheers

TC

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 07:20:08 AM »
The Plantagenets: The Warrior Kings and Queens Who Made England by Dan Jones

Reads like it is  HBO's The Game of Thrones but actually happened.  :aok
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 11:07:16 AM »
I do not like novels or anything fction. I like history or something   technical or instructional.

The last book I read was Churchill's memoirs of WWII, the condensed version. Still a large volume but nothing close to the entire three volumes he wrote. I really enjoyed reading it.

These days I read or watch instructional courses related to music production, mixing, room acoustics, etc.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 11:50:16 AM »
Green Eggs and Ham...it's an intellectual classic

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 12:23:44 PM »
Yours to Command: The Life and Legend of Texas Ranger Captain Bill McDonald by Harold J. Weiss Jr.
I have read it several times. He is my wife's great great Uncle.

There are several books out that mention him in detail.

Most books in my library have been read multiple times.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 12:36:05 PM »
Currently reading: All the Devils Are Here: The Hidden History of the Financial Crisis.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 12:42:57 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 02:23:26 PM »
I do not like novels or anything fction. I like history or something   technical or instructional.

The last book I read was Churchill's memoirs of WWII, the condensed version. Still a large volume but nothing close to the entire three volumes he wrote. I really enjoyed reading it.

These days I read or watch instructional courses related to music production, mixing, room acoustics, etc.

I highly recommend "Piercing the Reich," which covers the actions (and antics) of the OSS in London during WWII.  It can be a little tedious when describing the necessity to obtain different papers for photo IDs for different countries, acquiring different types of ink, and so forth, but it's a well written book, both entertaining and educational.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2022, 02:47:08 PM »
Just finished "Unstopable Prosperity" by Charles Payne. A pretty good book about understanding how to invest in the stock market. My mom actually randomly bought it for me for Christmas. Was actually a good read and learned a few things.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2022, 05:44:57 PM »
Across The Fence: The Secret War in Vietnam , by John Stryker Meyer

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2022, 05:58:48 PM »
Bonus on what show this is from

See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2022, 07:49:58 PM »
Just finished "Tower of Skulls" by Richard Frank.  War in the Asia-Pacific theater from 1937 until the surrender of Corregidor.  If you've read Frank's Guadalcanal book, you'll be familiar with how well he researches and writes.  This is a part of the war that most of us know little about (China, Malaya, Burma, Dutch East Indies, Hong Kong, Philippines...).  Was an eye-opener.

By the end, I was convinced that we did not drop enough nukes on Japan.

- oldman (is there still time?)