Author Topic: Roe Overturned  (Read 20655 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Roe Overturned
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2022, 08:12:47 PM »
To all of the Americans here that support abortion here, would you support ridding of laws that allow prosecutors to seek penalties for multiple deaths when a pregnant woman is killed?

For example: all of the people that murdered pregnant women and were convicted of double homicide, do you think that was wrong and you would support a re-trial for just a single count of murder?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2022, 08:14:14 PM »
The selective memory for you as well.

Not at all. I'm just pointing out that you do not understand what stacking up of supreme Court means.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2022, 08:16:24 PM »
:rofl

I did answer your question. Just shows your ignorance of geography.

Canada 🤣 😂

No wonder you’re jealous.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2022, 08:16:55 PM »
Not at all. I'm just pointing out that you do not understand what stacking up of supreme Court means.

Delusional, be sure.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2022, 08:17:18 PM »
To all of the Americans here that support abortion here, would you support ridding of laws that allow prosecutors to seek penalties for multiple deaths when a pregnant woman is killed?

For example: all of the people that murdered pregnant women and were convicted of double homicide, do you think that was wrong and you would support a re-trial for just a single count of murder?

You're confusing pro-choice with 'pro-abortion.'

Offline knorB

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2022, 08:21:43 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Fantastic concept, make a poor decision you pay for it...

Now do paying for your own degree in gender studies.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2022, 08:22:12 PM »
Delusional, be sure.

No just more versed on the subject than you appear to be.

Stacking of the court means creating additional judge seats. Adding more judges. That's what stacking the court means. Adding more supreme Court judges in addition to how many there are now. Why don't you look it up or read a book?

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2022, 08:23:16 PM »
Canada 🤣 😂

No wonder you’re jealous.

I don't have to be continually doing check 6s looking for some killer or mugger that is going to attack me.

You won't believe it but Canada is freer than the USA, so why would I be jealous.
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/these-are-the-world-s-freest-countries-in-2019.html#:~:text=These%20are%20the%20World%27s%20Freest%20Countries%20in%202019,Finland.%20...%209%20Denmark.%20...%2010%20Norway.%20

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2022, 08:24:00 PM »
Fantastic concept, make a poor decision you pay for it...

Now do paying for your own degree in gender studies.

Ah! As you pay for yours in 'winning the internet.'  :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2022, 08:26:26 PM »
No just more versed on the subject than you appear to be.

Stacking of the court means creating additional judge seats. Adding more judges. That's what stacking the court means. Adding more supreme Court judges in addition to how many there are now. Why don't you look it up or read a book?

Or not ...

"What does it mean to pack the courts, is it the appropriate response and would it make the courts less of a partisan battleground issue?

People often use "court packing" to describe changes to the size of the Supreme Court, but it's better understood as any effort to manipulate the Court's membership for partisan ends. A political party that's engaged in court packing will usually violate norms that govern who is appointed (e.g., only appoint jurists who respect precedent) and how the appointment process works (e.g., no appointments during a presidential election).

Seen from this perspective, the Barrett appointment is classic court packing. The president nominated a hardline conservative who appears to question major parts of U.S. constitutional law. And the Senate majority changed its procedural rules – invented to deny Merrick Garland a hearing – to ram through the nomination as people were voting."

https://www.rutgers.edu/news/what-court-packing

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2022, 08:34:34 PM »
Or not ...

"What does it mean to pack the courts, is it the appropriate response and would it make the courts less of a partisan battleground issue?

People often use "court packing" to describe changes to the size of the Supreme Court, but it's better understood as any effort to manipulate the Court's membership for partisan ends. A political party that's engaged in court packing will usually violate norms that govern who is appointed (e.g., only appoint jurists who respect precedent) and how the appointment process works (e.g., no appointments during a presidential election).

Seen from this perspective, the Barrett appointment is classic court packing. The president nominated a hardline conservative who appears to question major parts of U.S. constitutional law. And the Senate majority changed its procedural rules – invented to deny Merrick Garland a hearing – to ram through the nomination as people were voting."

https://www.rutgers.edu/news/what-court-packing

Quoting partisan hackery does not justify redefining terminology. 

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2022, 08:35:57 PM »
Quoting partisan hackery does not justify redefining terminology.

Rutgers is partisan?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2022, 08:37:16 PM »
I gave you the meaning of the term. You can choose to be a moron or not.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2022, 08:39:34 PM »
I gave you the meaning of the term. You can choose to be a moron or not.

Sorry, the better response might be 'I refuse to accept the expanded definition as provided.' :)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2022, 08:40:20 PM »
I don't have to be continually doing check 6s looking for some killer or mugger that is going to attack me.

You won't believe it but Canada is freer than the USA, so why would I be jealous.
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/these-are-the-world-s-freest-countries-in-2019.html#:~:text=These%20are%20the%20World%27s%20Freest%20Countries%20in%202019,Finland.%20...%209%20Denmark.%20...%2010%20Norway.%20

I don’t either  :headscratch:

But, thank you for hockey Terrance or are you more Phillip?