Author Topic: Roe Overturned  (Read 18076 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Roe Overturned
« on: June 24, 2022, 09:20:24 AM »
As with New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen, most people won't see any practical changes unless they live in a state with restrictions.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 09:34:16 AM by FLS »

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: Roe Overturned
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 09:33:49 AM »
......and let the riots begin.

Bet me.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 09:35:02 AM »
First they have to agree on which costumes to wear this time.  :aok

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 09:51:37 AM »
 I've not been following this very much, but from what I've heard this is just basically tossing the decision whether to allow abortions or not to the individual states?
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 09:57:38 AM »
That is all it is but will be the next excuse for floyd style peaceful protest riots,  burning and looting ...

And this administration will just add gas to those fires sadly

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 10:09:26 AM »
And pelosi wants it to deflect from the train wreck potato heads rein of power as she just shared with her media..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 10:31:38 AM »
I've not been following this very much, but from what I've heard this is just basically tossing the decision whether to allow abortions or not to the individual states?

Yes. 

It's not a hot button issue for me, but I suspect that despite their talk, this is NOT a hot potato the states really wanted in their lap. 

If the R's ever had a hope of recovering the professional suburbs after the Orange Pig-God was gone, that's over now. The mobile home, snake-handling, hayseeds will love it though.  I suspect it will prove a pyric victory.  Dems should send Alito flowers and a box of chocolate.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 10:43:30 AM »

Unless I misread the ruling, there is nothing stopping Congress from passing laws regulating abortion. The ruling simply acknowledges that Roe V Wade was judicial overreach and returns the power to the legislature. Now it is up to the States and / or Federal legislatures to makes laws regarding abortion which is essentially returning the right of the decision to the Citizens.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2022, 11:26:21 AM »
It was federal judicial overreach so now it's back under state jurisdiction. No federal law can compel a state to allow abortions.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2022, 11:29:14 AM »
Unless I misread the ruling, there is nothing stopping Congress from passing laws regulating abortion. The ruling simply acknowledges that Roe V Wade was judicial overreach and returns the power to the legislature. Now it is up to the States and / or Federal legislatures to makes laws regarding abortion which is essentially returning the right of the decision to the Citizens.
Interesting that during their appointment deliberations before congress, those same judges were 'all about the sanctity of 'Roe vs Wade' only to LIE about their intent. As a Lincoln Republican, the current GOP has lost the plot.

And ya'll forgot why Roe vs Wade came into play BECAUSE the states weren't protecting women's right to abortion. To say "well, now it's up to the individual states..." is why we had Roe vs Wade. FFS.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2022, 11:34:10 AM »
Interesting that during their appointment deliberations before congress, those same judges were 'all about the sanctity of 'Roe vs Wade' only to LIE about their intent. As a Lincoln Republican, the current GOP has lost the plot.

And ya'll forgot why Roe vs Wade came into play BECAUSE the states weren't protecting women's right to abortion. To say "well, now it's up to the individual states..." is why we had Roe vs Wade. FFS.

How dare you present clarity. That was never the intention of this thread.  :)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2022, 11:41:03 AM »

Just because you think it is a Constitutional right does not make it so.  There is nothing preventing Congress from passing laws affecting abortion is there?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2022, 11:41:44 AM »

Regardless of popularity the constitution doesn't allow it.  Abortion isn't banned. Most states just have reasonable restrictions when you don't want your baby born.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2022, 11:42:16 AM »

I've never been rabid on either side of this issue.  Generally I prefer the idea of things being handled at the state level.   

But I guess my first thought is, should slavery be decided at the state level? 

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2022, 11:42:53 AM »
Just because you think it is a Constitutional right does not make it so.  There is nothing preventing Congress from passing laws affecting abortion is there?

What do you think the SCOTUS would do, in turn?