Author Topic: Spill the beans! Products or methods you use in business. Trade secrets  (Read 1117 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
I'm sure you guys have some interesting stuff.

Not that this is one....  but  I had to buy windshield-wiper fluid the other day. that stuff is like 3 dollars a gallon. I was wondering if I should just buy that instead of Windex for home use.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
for home i just use water with a few drops of dishwashing liquid.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Don't buy windex, make your own window cleaner. Do a search for homemade cleaner/ I tried it and it worked as good or better than windex does and is also plastic windshield friendly unlike ammonia cleaners like windex. The one I used was dawn dish soap based.

http://nak.scottexteriors.com/recipe/quick-answer-how-do-you-make-windshield-wiper-fluid/
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
I've made my own glass cleaner before. I think it was water, alcohol and vinegar.  The alcohol part was the more expensive ingredient.

I've been buying 30% vinegar from Home Depot. That stuff works great as a cleaner, even very diluted. 

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Urinary catheter insertion can be difficult on obese women. I have some tips, but do you really want to know?  :bolt:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
I fell into designing light poles about 20 years back.  The problem is I suck at math.  I add 2 + 2 and get 'chartreuse'.  So I just went over to sites like math.com to get a formula to plug into excel calculators I built.  Tested them at least 10 times to ensure it calculated correctly and saved them.  Still have em as I consult on the side and I really don't have to think when I'm doing a design anymore. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Urinary catheter insertion can be difficult on obese women. I have some tips, but do you really want to know?  :bolt:

use flour, nothing new.

semp

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
use flour, nothing new.

semp

Flour? Seems like that would impede performing a sterile procedure.

Anyhow, you’ll need your sterile kit, two F-150’s, 50’ of paracord, peppermint oil, clothes pins, ice and everclear.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/

:aok

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Flour? Seems like that would impede performing a sterile procedure.

Anyhow, you’ll need your sterile kit, two F-150’s, 50’ of paracord, peppermint oil, clothes pins, ice and everclear.

normally all i need is a few shots of tequila but whatever turns you on.

semp

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
So I just went over to sites like math.com to get a formula to plug into excel calculators I built.  Tested them at least 10 times to ensure it calculated correctly and saved them. 

Excel is one of my best friends.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
If you have one eyebrow gone bald toward the outside end, first check if you sleep on that side primarily.   
If you do, stop using low thread count pillowcases.

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
If there's oil or hydraulic fluid stains on concrete, use some gas to mop it up.

Also, save yourself a lot of pain and get a good old school gas can. Not any of these crappy government regulated ones that actually spill more than the old ones.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
If you have one eyebrow gone bald toward the outside end, first check if you sleep on that side primarily.   
If you do, stop using low thread count pillowcases.

And if you're a woman or if you have long hair they say silk or artificial silk I guess that's called satin, pillow cases will not break your hair

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
This is good stuff, right here!  NEVER play it like you practice it and ALWAYS speak in absolutes.