Author Topic: War in Ukraine: haven't we seen this movie before?  (Read 6489 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Re: War in Ukraine: haven't we seen this movie before?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2022, 11:48:05 PM »
In my opinion, we need to do whatever we can to help Ukraine. We cannot allow Putin to scare us into letting him do whatever he wants just because he blackmails us with nuclear threats.

Screw Putin and screw Russia. This is an unjust, unprovoked war. Russia has turned Ukraine into a living hell for those people.

Zelensky is right. They are taking the bullet for Europe. Who's next if Russia succeeds in Ukraine?  Have we learned nothing from history?

Our early reaction to the invasion was pathetic. Embarrassing. We show weakness and fear. Oh, Russia says we better stay out or else - so we can't "provoke" Russia by sending Ukraine offensive weapons.

Poland offered to send their Mig 29s and we blocked it. We cowed to a dictator.

Most of that has been corrected now, thank God. I applaud the Biden administration  in finding a backbone and sending real help. I think we should to more. As much as we can.

We can't let Russia succeed.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2022, 05:18:02 AM »
I laughed at the fantastic troll.

Tell me it is a troll.

For goodness sake it better be.

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2022, 05:56:26 AM »
Such an honest democratic nation:

Ukraine has a two-part election system, in which if no presidential candidate gains at least 50% of votes, a runoff election will take place between the top two vote-getters.

After no one gained 50% of votes, a runoff took place between Yushchenko and Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovych. Yanukovych went on to win the runoff and the election, but the Yushchenko campaign claimed the election was rigged in favor of Yanukovych, claiming he was strongly supported by Russia and that officials there had interfered.

The claims of a rigged election by Russian interference gained traction in the country, :noid :noid resulting in mass protesting taking place across Ukraine. The civil protests became known as the "Orange Revolution:noid and gained global attention over Russia's influence in Ukraine.

The protests were successful in having a another election between the two candidates, in which Yushchenko won with 52% of votes…
Later on more typical bs about Russia was responsible for the assassination attempt, right… - USA Today (to make you libs happy)

An independent nation for 30 years, with a solid record of honesty and integrity in politics and business just ask Joe, Hunter and Hillbillary  :aok

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2022, 06:10:54 AM »
All of you that think we should supply unlimited support please write your checks to potato head so he can pay his buddies back ...

Also rush down to your nearest recruiter and sign up for your favorite branch of the military to confirm your loyalty...

Just leave the rest of us out of your latest distraction ..

Waiting for the event that spurs on some 911 type of temporary patriotism that last long enough to pull us fully into another Afghanistan

So odd- out of all the possibilities of conflict it happens in a country which corrupt joe and family have had possible/probable treasonous activities with...amazing

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2022, 08:44:27 AM »
All of you that think we should supply unlimited support please write your checks to potato head so he can pay his buddies back ...

I can't tell if you're this guy

This guy

or this guy

:rofl
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2022, 09:06:03 AM »
I pick Curly,  he caused the least harm

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2022, 09:12:27 AM »
Such an honest democratic nation:

Ukraine has a two-part election system, in which if no presidential candidate gains at least 50% of votes, a runoff election will take place between the top two vote-getters.

After no one gained 50% of votes, a runoff took place between Yushchenko and Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovych. Yanukovych went on to win the runoff and the election, but the Yushchenko campaign claimed the election was rigged in favor of Yanukovych, claiming he was strongly supported by Russia and that officials there had interfered.

The claims of a rigged election by Russian interference gained traction in the country, :noid :noid resulting in mass protesting taking place across Ukraine. The civil protests became known as the "Orange Revolution:noid and gained global attention over Russia's influence in Ukraine.

The protests were successful in having a another election between the two candidates, in which Yushchenko won with 52% of votes…
Later on more typical bs about Russia was responsible for the assassination attempt, right… - USA Today (to make you libs happy)

An independent nation for 30 years, with a solid record of honesty and integrity in politics and business just ask Joe, Hunter and Hillbillary  :aok

There is a lot more to it than that.   Yanukovych was indeed a Russian puppet and immediately started disarming the military and cutting ties with the west in favor of Russia.  It is fair to say that there was a lot of international meddling.

None of that legitimizes the Russian invasion of 2014 and the constant orchestrating of an insurrection run by the Russians in Donbass from 2014 to the present invasion.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2022, 10:38:57 AM »
I thank you should send the youth of the US to the Ukraine to defend Deomcracy.

Lockheed Martin will relish the profits
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2022, 10:49:11 AM »
I thank you should send the youth of the US to the Ukraine to defend Deomcracy.

Lockheed Martin will relish the profits

Better to send the big mouths from England who have nothing better to do

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2022, 10:53:19 AM »
It would be interesting to research if this same debate was happening in the U.S.A. between September 3, 1939 and December 7, 1941.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2022, 10:55:21 AM »
It would be interesting to research if this same debate was happening in the U.S.A. between September 3, 1939 and December 7, 1941.

https://time.com/5414055/american-nazi-sympathy-book/

There is always an ilk of people who never saw an authoritarian dictator who's boots they didn't have an overwhelming instinct to lick.

Today they were red baseball caps.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Online rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2022, 10:57:55 AM »

https://time.com/5414055/american-nazi-sympathy-book/

There is always an ilk of people who never saw an authoritarian dictator who's boots they didn't have an overwhelming instinct to lick.

Today they were red baseball caps.

Way to smear tens of millions with the same brush appropriate for a a few thousand.  Classy and insightful!

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2022, 10:59:26 AM »
I pick Curly,  he caused the least harm

I think you have the lack of moral courage of the first, the ethical weakness of the second, and the intelligence of the third.

:cool:

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2022, 11:00:26 AM »
Way to smear tens of millions with the same brush appropriate for a a few thousand.  Classy and insightful!

If the cap fits, wear it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2022, 11:00:46 AM »

You're attributing the numbers.