Author Topic: The Great Unwinding  (Read 6016 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Re: The Great Unwinding
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2022, 09:23:55 AM »
And like the US software engineers in the late 90's early 2000s they will price themselves out of a job ..replaced with cheaper alternatives

With higher salaries come higher prices as corporations will protect their profits

Eagler

Chip/IC manufactures as well.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2022, 09:38:20 AM »
Cheap credit for morons is finished

BLM
UKRAINE
BENDING THE KNEE
MONKEY POX

you clowns have been living off credit for 30 
Years.

Time for reality financial reset

I pay with cash , my car is a piece of crap focus and my house is paid for.

I own everything

You own nothing except debt

Your masters don’t need you now and they are asking for their money back

PUT YOUR MASKS BACK ON AND BE A MAN OR A WOMAN.

B A S E D
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2022, 08:11:00 AM »
Doesn't record inflation warp any earnings report?

I mean like taxes wouldn't higher earnings be expected if prices are at record increases?

As those earnings are bloated how can the report of those figures push the market higher?

It's like a crooked shell game

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2022, 08:56:23 AM »

"Software engineers" did not price themselves out............at least not real software engineers.   

The real software engineers positions were threatened by recent computer graduates who looked good on paper but had zero knowledge outside of a narrow band.........the narrow band of knowledge that got them the job.     

The problem was that very few had any skills to speak of and expected high wages right out of school.    The employers bought the hype and paid them well while replacing the true experts with said skill challenged new graduates.   

This happened and I was right in the center of it when it went down.

Investment capitol for new startups helped speed it along by hiring new graduates with zero experience and not worrying about the payroll spending until they discovered that they were getting nothing for their money.   

In my last two computer jobs back then, I got out before being let go when I saw the writing on the wall and watched the employers struggle to fill my position.

This played out for months after I left as friends filled me in.   
Employers started with one employee and quickly added another when he struggled.    Then they pulled skilled IT guys from another department who quickly got tired of babysitting a recent and unskilled employee and left. 

By that time, investment capitalists were starting to expect returns on their investments but there were none.   

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2022, 10:14:59 AM »
"Software engineers" did not price themselves out............at least not real software engineers.   

The real software engineers positions were threatened by recent computer graduates who looked good on paper but had zero knowledge outside of a narrow band.........the narrow band of knowledge that got them the job.     

The problem was that very few had any skills to speak of and expected high wages right out of school.    The employers bought the hype and paid them well while replacing the true experts with said skill challenged new graduates.   

This happened and I was right in the center of it when it went down.

Investment capitol for new startups helped speed it along by hiring new graduates with zero experience and not worrying about the payroll spending until they discovered that they were getting nothing for their money.   

In my last two computer jobs back then, I got out before being let go when I saw the writing on the wall and watched the employers struggle to fill my position.

This played out for months after I left as friends filled me in.   
Employers started with one employee and quickly added another when he struggled.    Then they pulled skilled IT guys from another department who quickly got tired of babysitting a recent and unskilled employee and left. 

By that time, investment capitalists were starting to expect returns on their investments but there were none.

There is a major disconnect between what these kids think they will make getting out of college compared to reality. I know because I was one of them. So was the last guy who worked for me. The interesting part is that these graduates who go to college right after high school who haven't worked in business other than working retail or restaurants haven't a clue how the real world works when they do actually get a job. After 4 years of rather difficult college work, I was stuck entering large Tshirt purchase orders into Quickbooks. It was so boring. I asked myself, I really went to 4 years of learning complicated calculus and finance to enter purchase orders for $14 an hour? That being said, it only took 10 months of that before I was able to get my first accounting job that I didn't think I even had a chance of getting because I had that simple basic Quickbooks knowledge (with a degree). That was for $17 an hour  :rofl. I've had to teach myself how to be good at every job sinse then because I've never had someone actually train me. These kids don't understand that to really make it in this world, you have to learn the position yourself and take charge of that position. If you think someone is going to sit there and train you, you are already losing. Also, you take the first job as a learning experience rather than the money. Something else they don't understand. You have to learn the real world, then you gradually move into better positions and make more money. College doesn't teach you how systems work. They teach you the basic fundamentals of the career you want to be in.

Many business want college students because they believe that If you are capable of graduating than you are certainly capable of being a good worker. That's not always the case as many students get into a job and realize it's not what they expected. One thing I've learned is that you always get what you pay for. So if you choose to hire people who just graduated at really cheap rates for a higher tier position, than you aren't going to get the best productivity. If you choose people who have a lot of experience, but cost more, you will probably do much better as a business. My belief is that when you are young, you always work for experience rather than the pay, because that experience will always give you leverage to make more down the line. Therefore if you ask for less than the other college grad, you'll get the position and jump start your career. You've always gotta ask yourself, where will I be in 5 years if I continue learning my current position to the best of my ability. It's not ever how you expect it to be, but generally you will be in a much better place.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 10:21:56 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2022, 11:47:20 AM »
Business like offshore as they get "college grads" for their $$$

I have been told by Indian contractors some of those degrees aren't worth the paper they are written on as you can purchase a degree and it's not validated in many cases..

Russian contractors having total control of software changes to the billing systems of US corporations...

That's right we are a happy peaceful trusting global village...no reason for concern

That with China providing the network hardware...what could possibly go wrong...

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2022, 12:40:55 PM »
I'll take experience over college any day.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2022, 01:01:49 PM »
ha, you can write college degree and companies don't check to see if it's true. I know people with good jobs and a high school degree. but smart enough to write college degree in best way to hard boil an egg. they make me smile. smart enough to bs their way in,  not dumb enough to have college loans. but they do give their best.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2022, 01:29:23 AM »
CUT AND PASTE is the new expression of intelligence.

If you post more than 6 large paragraphs your a clown.

In the UK we read books to be informed

In the US you read to show your intellectual prowess

That is why your white ridden guilt liberals were in despair when Floyd a dirty crimminal  was buried in a golden coffin.

I am proud to be gay :rofl

That’s the best you’ve got :rofl

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2022, 08:17:42 AM »
CUT AND PASTE is the new expression of intelligence.

If you post more than 6 large paragraphs your a clown.

In the UK we read books to be informed

In the US you read to show your intellectual prowess

That is why your white ridden guilt liberals were in despair when Floyd a dirty crimminal  was buried in a golden coffin.

I am proud to be gay :rofl

That’s the best you’ve got :rofl

Well, being "informed" doesn't always mean the leadership reflects that "informity". Remember, the majority of the world only sees America thru "the lens of the media". The Lot of America and smaller cities are quite a bit different than how they represent us to the world. Unfortunately, that power of representation has been abused to project the worst of American culture. I'm sure it's like that for other countries as well for the most part.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2022, 10:00:31 AM »
Well, being "informed" doesn't always mean the leadership reflects that "informity". Remember, the majority of the world only sees America thru "the lens of the media". The Lot of America and smaller cities are quite a bit different than how they represent us to the world. Unfortunately, that power of representation has been abused to project the worst of American culture. I'm sure it's like that for other countries as well for the most part.

So the US is not full of fatties?

So the transgender military representatives at Bastille day are a fiction?

So you still not allowed to see Russian media?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 10:02:47 AM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2022, 10:11:33 AM »
So the US is not full of fatties?

So the transgender military representatives at Bastille day are a fiction?

So you still not allowed to see Russian media?

Sadly you are correct on all counts

Eagler

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2022, 12:40:57 PM »
Up 600 points today why?

Has to be a full 1.00 point this month or they are just acting and truly not trying to control or correct anything

Eagler

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2022, 01:03:22 PM »
Up 600 points today why?

Has to be a full 1.00 point this month or they are just acting and truly not trying to control or correct anything

Eagler

Market is oversold, people think the bottom has hit. Earnings will be stellar and prove that the market being down is a construct rather than actual poor financial results. I think people still want to spend money for summer vacations and are letting loose from the covid stuff.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2022, 01:30:53 PM »
Market is oversold, people think the bottom has hit. Earnings will be stellar and prove that the market being down is a construct rather than actual poor financial results. I think people still want to spend money for summer vacations and are letting loose from the covid stuff.

I think most are maxing out their sources of credit...spending money they don't have,  living beyond their means...business as usual

Who in their right minds think we hit any kind of bottom already with inflation still climbing?

The fed needs to shock and awe the markets with at minimum a one full point interest rate increase if not more this month and next imo

Eagler