Author Topic: <S> to Pusskat  (Read 476 times)

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
<S> to Pusskat
« on: July 18, 2022, 02:33:51 PM »
Just wanted to pop in and give a big shout out to Pusskat!  :cheers:
Tangled with him probably half a dozen times today, sometimes he was in a Bf 109K-4, sometimes he was in an La-7, and I was in my usual Spit.

Y'all might've heard me gripe about Blue Thunders' tactics and the gang up mentality in general. Well I feel better now, because Pusskat is the real deal. Every time we crossed was a fantastic, white knuckle fight. Flying a Spit 9, crossing at 8K with an La-7 and taking the fight all the way down to the deck in a pure 1v1..... that's what Aces High is all about!
(I managed to get him in that fight  :lol )

I would encourage everyone else to follow his example, I hate getting into a good duel with someone and then someone else just drops in and takes a cheap shot. I'm not perfect- sometimes I'll see one of my buddies tangling with a bandit and engage, but it's just way more fun if people stand down a bit and let the 1v1 happen.

Pusskat -  :salute

:airplane:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Kumicho Oyabun

• Zinc Member
      • Gokudo Yakuza
Re: <S> to Pusskat
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 03:51:12 PM »
 He is a noob and stole all muh kills!!!!! :cry

:salute

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 04:11:48 PM »
Your post sums up what might potentially save this game...

Glad you found what keeps it fun. 

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 04:25:22 AM »
Cute, there's an AcesHigh bromance on the horizon  :kiss:

:D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 08:41:45 AM »
It's always a joy when others pilots stay out of a good 1v1 fight to allow the best man to get the kill. The gang mentality of "its muh MA SA" is just not a good sportsmanship. It's also not good practice, if your whole squad loses all the E to jump one lonely guy at 2k. You now have put yourselves at risk to be jumped as well. There is no reason for 3 yak3s to gang one P47 on the deck. There is no reason to jump in your friendlies 1v1 fight every time to "help" them. I think the ganging mentality is such a sore spot for this game. It's the # thing to encourage players to fly the fastest planes in the game so they can press X and run when 4 guys jump on them. I don't blame them. It's natural selection. The issue is that when so many players have to "fly the easy planes" to escape the gang horde, or get gang horded by them, it's not bringing enjoyment for players. If there was some unwritten rules of engagement in certain situations, it would make the game much more fun.

I am always trying to drag planes out to get them in 1v1 situations if I can. Generally I have atleast 2 guys diving on me which is typical. 2 I can take on depending on the planes and pilots, but once that 3rd spit16 roles in there to "help" its pretty much over. It just amazes me that it takes 3-4 guys to role in on a plane just to "get the kill", why not go in one at a time, especially if you have way more E? This takes the fun out of it for players who aren't trying to "BnZ in muh p51" all day. I think its a big reason why so many don't play in the MA anymore. Too many gangers in the their easy mode planes. Its tough for people mediocre at air combat to stick and enjoy that over and over again.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 08:51:41 AM »
Ill jump in as second man If it looks like my comrad is about to meet a gruesome end, or if he calls for the help. Although typical I like to call friendlies off when I merge with a worthy opponent.

Sometimes escaping the horde with your scalps is half the thrill. More so when you’re deciding whether head home and land em for the glory or turn back in “FOR JUST ONE MORE!” Only to get picked off immediately. After you’re done Redding out you realize you need a need to buy a new joystick and reassure the dog that the world is infact not ending. All the w
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!