Author Topic: This is how we go green  (Read 3087 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Re: This is how we go green
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2022, 11:36:00 PM »
See what I mean? There are actually people out there just like Milo that are going to make it happen. Bugs are better for the planet, so you're gonna eat bugs. No more wasted farmland.

This is happening. These people are going to ram it down our throats.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2022, 12:03:56 AM »
https://www.thealternativedaily.com/3-best-bugs-eat/

https://www.runtastic.com/blog/en/eating-insects-for-protein/

IN YOUR BAKED GOODS
Cricket powder is one of the easiest sources of bug protein to integrate into your diet, because it can be used like any protein powder that you might add to a recipe. Due to its increasing popularity, it’s also not too difficult to find. Use cricket powder to make breads, energy bars, and baked desserts that are protein rich. If you can’t find insect flour in your local area, you can try making your own at home. Check out these tasty recipes you can try at home.

AS A SALTY-SNACK ALTERNATIVE TO CHIPS
Food grade mealworms are also relatively easy to find online and in local markets that cater to Eastern cuisine. To eat them, all you have to do is fry them in your preferred vegetable oil (use a slotted spoon to make removal easier) and let them rest on a paper towel. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste, and you have a salty snack that is rich in amino acids, protein, and fibre.

ON TOP OF YOUR PASTA DISHES
Fried crickets make an excellent addition to a variety of dishes. You can fry them using the same method as you did with the meal worms and add them on top of a risotto for a bit of extra texture and protein. They are also commonly used as a taco topping or even as an appetizer dipped in a side of guacamole.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 12:07:21 AM by MiloMorai »

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2022, 12:12:19 AM »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2022, 12:22:47 AM »
See what I mean? There are actually people out there just like Milo that are going to make it happen. Bugs are better for the planet, so you're gonna eat bugs. No more wasted farmland.

This is happening. These people are going to ram it down our throats.

holly cow. how did you misunderstand Milo's post.  I like bugs, too bad I can't find them here and if I do they're expensive.

does that mean I'm trying to get rid of my steaks? no,  it's another option for me.  I've eaten ants, grasshoppers, beetles,  snakes, rabbit,  birds, raccoons, frog legs some other stuff I don't even know what it was.

you ever had mountain oysters, ox tail, pigs feet, cow heart, tripe, chilling, cow fetuses, ducks, chicken feet, gizzard and a thousand other parts.

I won't eat anything with barbq sauce or a1 that's where I draw the line. that's just nasty.

but sure me mention it that means I want to get rid of cows.  I also eat lots of vegetarian and vegan meals. oh the horror.

by the way if you don't want anything shoved down your throat then stop shoving bs down ours. this isn't the blue oyster.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2022, 04:28:37 AM »
Unintended consequences considered?  :uhoh

I’ve walked onto my patio and found a dozen plus crickets eating an adult AZ Bark scorpion.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2022, 04:44:30 AM »
Unintended consequences considered?  :uhoh

I’ve walked onto my patio and found a dozen plus crickets eating an adult AZ Bark scorpion.

eaten scorpions, you wanna know what they taste like,  wet a piece of newspaper put it in your mouth.  that's pretty much it.

semp

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2022, 06:57:19 AM »
How many crickets will it take to make the new burger king triple cricket whopper with cheese?

I don't think there are enough bugs in the world to feed the super larged bodies most wobble around in today..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2022, 07:37:05 AM »
How many acres are required for cattle?
How much extra feed (grown on land that could be used for human consumption) is fed cattle?
How much fuel is required to get them to the slaughter house?
How much energy is required to refrigerate the meat?

A 'bug' factory the size of a football field could feed 100s of 1000s of people at a fraction of what it costs for beef.

Lots of feed for cattle is leftover from making food for humans.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2022, 07:43:39 AM »
Me thinks the currency reset is needed first before total control can be enforced...

Once your bank account is only crypto controlled by the fed, how and where you spend your money will be regulated much easier..

It will be said to be for your own good as you obviously can't control yourself..

It will be tied to climate change and overall health

You will own nothing and be happy..

That is coming..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2022, 01:31:13 PM »
Bugs are cheaper by a VERY long way than beef.

We crave meat today, in part, because our brains evolved on the African savanna and are still wired to seek out energy-dense sources of protein. It’s similar to our penchant for sugar, a rare calorie-rich commodity to our foraging ancestors whose brains rewarded them for finding ripe fruit.

But we also crave meat because of its cultural significance. Different cultures are more or less meat-centric, although there’s a clear correlation between wealth and meat consumption. Industrialized Western nations average more than 220 pounds of meat per person per year, while the poorest African nations average less than 22 pounds per person.

An overly meaty diet has been linked to heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers—things our distant ancestors never had to worry about, because they didn’t live long enough to fall victim to chronic disease. “The goals of life for our ancestors was very different than ours,” says Zaraska. “Their goal was to survive to the next day.”

There are a lot of BS studies promoting non-meat diets. Most of my life I was misinformed about butter, bacon, red meat, and fats. Fortunately I didn't listen. Now I'm 67 and I can still ride 100 miles in a day on my bicycle. The big problem for most people is sugars.

BTW don't confuse average life span with individual life span. Some early people lived to old age, there were just so many ways to die young.

People eat bugs when they can't get meat. 'Green' is a con game. The people pushing it have believed every trendy disaster scenario in the last 50 years.

The sky still hasn't fallen and it won't fall next time. We have these nursery stories for a reason.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2022, 02:48:10 PM »
Moderation is the word.

The sugar companies did a lot of lobbying, like the oil companies did for oil use, and tobacco companies for cigarettes, to make sure we were addicted to sugar.

Now it is said red meat is good for the brain but at times it is hard to tell that that is so. I guess one can OD on red meat.

Some ppl think because they can't see any changes from day to day nothing is happening.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2022, 05:38:22 PM »
I look forward to the day when I can go to the store to buy a bag of crickets to throw on the barbecue.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2022, 05:59:51 PM »
I look forward to the day when I can go to the store to buy a bag of crickets to throw on the barbecue.

grasshoppers, try san Bernardino swap meet. or try some petstores they normally have them.

semp

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2022, 09:29:48 PM »