Author Topic: VR performance issues with the clipboard  (Read 352 times)

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
VR performance issues with the clipboard
« on: July 23, 2022, 12:09:26 AM »
So I've had performance issues with AH and vr for a while, mostly in fso and scenarios. I've been using fpsvr from steam to track my pc stats while in vr and I've noticed that cpu and gpu usage is all over the map. graph shows spikes constantly and in fso just 45fps max. Worse with certain clouds to the point of being unusable. This is with all graphics settings turned down to minimums. For reference I can run 45fps in DCS with most settings on high.

Well today I found out what is causing it. The clipboard. As a habit I keep the clipboard open out of the way on the right so I can always just glance at it. Today in FSO while grabbing my beer (with my headset on) I accidentally hit my keyboard and closed my clipboard. I didn't notice right away but glanced down at fpsvr and saw the graphs had completely smoothed out and I had gone from 45fps to 90 (max for what I have set). Played around with it and every time I opened the clipboard I would immediately see performance spikes and huge fps drops, as soon as I put it away it was gone.

Anyway I have no idea if there is a fix other than not keeping the clipboard open, but wanted the community to know in case anyone else is seeing this issue.

my pc : Ryzen 5 5600x, Radeon RX 5700xt, 64Gb 3200Mhz ddr4 RAM.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights