Author Topic: Need help remembering how to….  (Read 546 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Need help remembering how to….
« on: July 24, 2022, 03:27:33 PM »
……reload AH III DX11 into the oculus rift library. 

About two weeks ago, my Rift was operating perfectly.  In the interim, with nothing changed with the hardware or software on my end, and life getting in the way of my playtime, my Rift quit cycling ON when donned on my brain pan.  I checked for updates and setting changes.  All were up to date and the same as I last used it two weeks back.  With mounting frustration, I uninstalled the Oculus software and downloaded it from the oculus website.  I noticed there was a rift patch available, and didn’t download it.   

After installing the fresh oculus software, the rift cycled ON as usual.  The AH DX 11 was missing out of my library.  I tried using the software search function.  It came up with AH II.  I’ve got AH III DX 9 & 11 on my PC but, have forgotten how to load it into the oculus library.
Anyone with a better memory than mine would be helpful.  Thanks in advance!

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Need help remembering how to….
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 03:49:11 PM »
Just run AH DX11 desktop version and select oculus VR when you get the option. That should put it in recently played in Oculus.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 03:51:19 PM »
Just run AH DX11 desktop version and select oculus VR when you get the option. That should put it in recently played in Oculus.

Thanks!  I figured it had to be something simple.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2022, 05:38:32 PM »
aren't most things really?  Wait till my rig comes in.  Somebody is probably going to have to hold me by the hand and walk me all the way through at least once LOL. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2022, 06:43:50 PM »

That worked.  Thanks again!  I figured out that the “Aces High II” on the oculus library was actually the DX 11 version.  All is well in the kingdom now.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 08:29:41 PM by Puma44 »