Author Topic: Monday is August  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
Re: Monday is August
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2022, 12:04:03 AM »
I regularly recommend AH to young folks who think war thunder is the best simulation our there. Not only e single time has anyone had a single good thing to say a out AH. Subscription based games are a thing of the past, the graphics are state of the ARK and according to steam there is less than 15 active players. AH is done for if Hitech doesn't sell it for a fair price. Buying AH is like buying a boat from the bottom of the pacific ocean.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2022, 01:05:23 AM »
so quit and post there.  nobody has a gun to your head.

I was a war thunder beta tester. 3 flights is all it took for me.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2022, 01:05:26 AM »
Didn't you post a tearful goodbye a few weeks ago?
Peanut out?

You sold your gear and announced that you're leaving the game. Nobody cares what you think about anything.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2022, 03:07:17 AM »
No he did not.

You should not pick on people

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2022, 09:01:12 AM »
You didn't answer either question.

I see what your saying, but some players have a passion for this game and seeing something that would take tops an hour to fix COULD be chasing away potential new players, and it frustrates them. This is the only place they can post those frustrations, or maybe they could do it on Facebook/instagram/twitter where there is surely a much wider audience.

Hitech is busy with personal/professional issues, I get that. However unless he plans on just letting this game continue to slowly die off he has to do something to at least make it look like the game is still maintained to the market. These small updates would show that even if it isnt doing anything to the game itself, it may look more active to in coming players. After all, the main site IS where players come to check out "that game someone told them about". Whats an hour a week to potentially bringing in a player or two a month?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2022, 09:18:06 AM »
I think we all have a passion for the game. I've been helping people here longer than some players have been alive. I think it's useful to ask yourself, when you are frustrated that some aspect of the game isn't perfect and could be improved, if your gripe is effectively helping or if you're just displaying your feelings in a way that puts potential players off the game.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2022, 10:17:11 AM »
i think there is a middle ground to be reached.  It's obvious that the passion for updating the game / site has died off.  That's not atypical of people who have made their wad and just want to enjoy life.  I will grant you that new ownership 'might' have some benefits as i believe the core of the game is still the best out there and, frankly, the only game I've ever gotten outright passionate about.  Trust me guys this last what is it 10 years now? have been a wretch not being able to gear up and hang with the fellas. 

But instead of griping about the shortcomings I think it's best to present the positives when they can be found. 

I have to be honest I truly believe that something is coming in 2023 be it a change of ownership and investment in it's future or a renewed passion for making it continue to be the best online flight sim available.  I may be delusional but I can dream I suppose. 

Frankly I am chomping at the bit to get my rig and gear here.  I have even warned work that I will probably take a couple of long weekends in August so I can get everything just right. 

Then you guys will have the easiest target ever to shoot down.. again :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2022, 11:03:56 AM »
i think there is a middle ground to be reached.  It's obvious that the passion for updating the game / site has died off.  That's not atypical of people who have made their wad and just want to enjoy life.  ...

You're ignoring the difference in subscriber numbers with the subsequent staff reduction and implying Hitech doesn't care. I don't believe that's correct.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2022, 01:56:31 PM »
I'm just going by what I read on the sub man.  Consumer perspective is a real thing in the business world. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2022, 04:35:15 PM »
Allocation of limited resources is also a real thing in the business world.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2022, 04:56:58 PM »
I think it would be neat to have a live feed of the main arena map on the front page. And 200 radio channel chat and audio. Maybe even allow users to chat right from the front page.

it would make the place seem alive.

Maybe take the scenario section off the front page if it's not able to be kept current. It's kind of a red flag that maybe not much is going on. The live map and radio channel might be neat.

And live-stream feeds from players would be really cool. That people could select right from the front page.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2022, 05:03:49 PM »
Broadcasting 200 chatter on the website would be a very bad idea.  :(

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2022, 05:18:54 PM »
How so?

If Channel 200 is too bad for the website then why have it in the game? Why hide it?

It's a huge part of the game and it shows the social interaction that makes the game come alive. It would be a great thing.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2022, 05:22:29 PM »
Because players tend to act immature on 200. It wouldn't be a good sell.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2022, 05:29:26 PM »
Well that's the game and you're wrong.

You probably haven't played in 15 years anyway. You're just a busybody freeloader.

It would be a big sell. People would want to join in.