Author Topic: Why electric vehicles will never replace internal combustion  (Read 5634 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Why electric vehicles will never replace internal combustion
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2022, 01:23:25 PM »
Looks like we are in a minority... That "Vallu" as they were called in Finland, is a real sleeper, it does not need badges.

Funniest sleeper ever had was -66 Coronet w/ tuned up 383 Magnum, 727 and 8¾. Had also pretty stiff suspension and went around corners better than many Europeans. Outside just wheels and exhaust tips might have betrayed what was lurking under the hood. Never had it on ¼-mile, but 0-100 km/h (62 mph) went under 6s and top speed was well over 200 kmh (125 mph) and at early 80s that was something. And it was smoothly idling 550 rpm and behaved as what ever daily driver when gas pedal was used gently. Best engine I ever managed to make.

Around here coronets we’re hardly sleepers….Mom had one with a 440 in it and I got to drive it on occasion but I wouldn’t have called it a sleeper.

I didn’t know you got valients over there so I learnt something!!! :aok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoiWpJLokEc

Not a sleeper either but I thought it might interest you.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2022, 03:02:41 AM »

Around here coronets we’re hardly sleepers….Mom had one with a 440 in it and I got to drive it on occasion but I wouldn’t have called it a sleeper.

I didn’t know you got valients over there so I learnt something!!! :aok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoiWpJLokEc

Not a sleeper either but I thought it might interest you.

Nice daily driver Volvo Amazon on that video...     :x

Darts and Valiants were the most sold American cars in Finland at 60s and 70s, I've had some as DDs. Coronets were mostly 4 doors w/ 273 or 225 because of Finnish tax laws and BB V8s in general pretty rare. Nowadays it's of course different as they are classics and import from abroad has been free long time. Well, it was free always, but idiotic taxation made it ridiculously expensive.

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2022, 08:11:36 PM »
Lets get back on track with this one guys

Electric cars are slow

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2022, 09:57:24 AM »