Author Topic: Vox Disco to Desktop  (Read 914 times)

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
Vox Disco to Desktop
« on: August 11, 2022, 10:31:47 PM »
I'm getting discoed to desktop using vox.  For lack of any ideas, I've uninstalled the game (saved my settings) and am reinstalling.  Will that work?  Any other suggestions? 

I run DX9 because ordinary Reality is hard enough on me.  Should I run the DX11 version to see if that makes a difference?  (I'm waiting for the game download or I would right now)

Thanks,
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Vox Disco to Desktop
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 01:07:50 AM »
If Vox were the main issue there'd be many more than just you complaining.

My main suspect is your sound system. Not only drivers although getting them up to date is important. Aside drivers, if you have several sound "cards" they may conflict each other. In gaming computers there's usually at least two of them: The motherboard sound and the video card sound - a USB headset usually adds one more. Unless you have speakers inside your monitor and actually use them, disabling the video card audio in Device Manager and uninstalling its driver is recommendable.

Referring to the above, the issue may well hide in your AH settings: In Options>Preferences>GameSounds check that the Microphone is using the correct sound device. Also check in the Key Mappings that the Vox key doesn't have double functions. The easy way is to unmap that very key and then remap it to Voice. Similarly, if you have the Vox assigned to your joystick or any other controller, double check for double mapping.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 04:23:50 PM »
Great ideas. Will attempt asap.

Thank you.
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 02:37:04 AM »
Great ideas. Will attempt asap.

Thank you.
NVIDEA updates, also caused this stuff, IIR?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 09:25:45 AM »
Thanks for the assist.  You calmed my inner Chicken Little.  I'm embarassed to admit it turned out to be as simple as having the wrong microphone selected in the game.  More embarassingly, it took me two days to find it.  I have excuses, but I won't bore you.

Thanks for rallying to help me.

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 02:02:11 PM »
It often is something that simple and if that happens without you knowing it it can be less intuitive to find.

Glad you got it sorted!  :aok
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni