Author Topic: The first American Vietnam POW on why we need to understand the war  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member

The first American Vietnam POW on why we need to understand the war. Dad was his plane captain. When POW bracelets started coming out I wore his.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: The first American Vietnam POW on why we need to understand the war
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 07:47:24 AM »
Two words...military complex

Same bs as Ukraine just haven't sent the boots on the ground over there yet

20 year wars in Afghanistan and Iraq with the majority of the rest of the region hating our guts has taught us nothing as greed reigns supreme

Still leaning on the ole terrorist boogeyman on those last two...and when things slow down send in a slice and dice drone to kill one if their precious religious leaders to spin things up again..

War...what is it good for...

https://youtu.be/ztZI2aLQ9Sw

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 07:54:36 AM »
Sorry, this wasn't a political thread to me. It's another connection to my father.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 08:44:30 AM »
What isn't these days

At some point we need to see through this manipulation of public opinion that drags us into these waste of people and resources while making those that invest then instigate these conflicts under some flag of patriotic duty...

Then again maybe we are still too ignorant as a race for such a revelation

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 08:58:58 AM »
We should have never gone into that war.

Looking back, what did it accomplish other than to waste American lives and resources?

We should not have gone, but since we did we should have taken off the gloves and done everything we could to win the war quickly.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 09:33:25 AM by -gg- »
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 09:24:12 AM »
As with more recent wars one could argue winning was not the objective of those running the war...just those thrown into it

Eagler

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 11:50:29 AM »
Yeah, the Vietnam War was horrendous. My uncle got drafted and my dad who was a little younger knew his call was coming so he joined the coast guard. (Could you imagine if this happened today).   My uncle got shot up badly but lived miraculously and became a commcerical and stunt pilot after. He introduced me to AH when I was 15. I was hooked ever since.

Crazy how no one ever faced any consequences for that war, and many who control the establishment and CFR like Henry Kissinger are still impacting foreign policy today. This is the same establishment we are trying to dismantle that has put us into many third world turf wars for the last 50 years but people just don't seem to understand that.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Online Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2022, 11:59:41 AM »
Yeah, the Vietnam War was horrendous. My uncle got drafted and my dad who was a little younger knew his call was coming so he joined the coast guard. (Could you imagine if this happened today).   My uncle got shot up badly but lived miraculously and became a commcerical and stunt pilot after. He introduced me to AH when I was 15. I was hooked ever since.

Crazy how no one ever faced any consequences for that war, and many who control the establishment and CFR like Henry Kissinger are still impacting foreign policy today. This is the same establishment we are trying to dismantle that has put us into many third world turf wars for the last 50 years but people just don't seem to understand that.

Unfortunately the criminals in power never see justice. That is not until they’re getting their heads lopped off by the proletariat.
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2022, 02:20:16 PM »
That was not a war. That was a completely un necessary us invasion/us led terrorist attack.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2022, 02:29:25 PM »
So...  When this thread is ultimately and unfortunately locked for this horrible political hijack, will Mylo take the mod ding like Gina did?  I'm just trying to figure out the ins and outs of this rather unorthodox system we've got going here...

Offline spudman

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2022, 03:44:40 PM »
Very good read “ Gangsters of Capitalism: Smedley Butler, the Marines, and the Making and Breaking of America's Empire ”

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2022, 03:50:32 PM »
So...  When this thread is ultimately and unfortunately locked for this horrible political hijack, will Mylo take the mod ding like Gina did?  I'm just trying to figure out the ins and outs of this rather unorthodox system we've got going here...

I'm trying to figure out why you are accusing Milo.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2022, 03:57:06 PM »
Along with my apology comes my forgiveness.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2022, 03:58:49 PM »
I'm trying to figure out why you are accusing Milo.

semp

Well...  It IS Mylo's thread..  You understand that, right?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2022, 04:09:37 PM »
Well...  It IS Mylo's thread..  You understand that, right?

Explain it to him. While you're at it, me too. You are forgiven.