Author Topic: Forty eight people in the main on Saturday ??  (Read 5551 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Forty eight people in the main on Saturday ??
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2022, 12:37:57 PM »
Maps are in a set rotation, Hitachi don't have time to sit around
To sit around and change maps to which ever one you'll want.

I'm not sure who Hitachi is, but I think pretty much everyone else grasped that the map voting would be handled programatically.

A dot command .votemap is processed and stored on the server in a playerId/vote pair structure (to enforce one player-one vote).  At map rotation the votes are tallied and the appropriate map selected and the votes cleared out for the next rotation.

No-one was suggesting this Hitachi guy write down the votes on a notepad in real-time.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 01:00:51 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2022, 01:04:30 PM »
For example this is me logging in Friday early noon. Son still in school, wife at work, so a good time for some gaming. But:

Well that is the end of it then. Tremendously sad.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2022, 11:41:29 PM »
Yeah, almost every multi-player game has map voting of some sort. I always thought it was strange that AH didn't. But having said that, Mindanao or however it was spelled was my favorite map. So what do I know  lol.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2022, 06:27:44 AM »
I'm not sure who Hitachi is,

No-one was suggesting this Hitachi guy write down the votes on a notepad in real-time.

You may not be, but the Mrs usually are:

“The Hitachi Magic Wand was Originally made by Hitachi in 1968.

Intended to be used as a body massager, it didn’t take long until overworked women figured out it wasn’t only good for their sore backs! It has since acquired a following for being an amazing, bone-rattling….”

:D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 06:29:16 AM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2022, 10:27:55 AM »
Ill tell you whats sad. The way people play in the MA during the EST AM. literally flew around for an hour chasing kamurogi and Cheetah in and out of CV ack. You would think with 10-3 odds in your favor you'd be alittle more aggressive. These guys may as well fly offline where the drones won't hurt them.

What a cesspool
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 12:09:50 PM by Bopgun »
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2022, 12:01:12 PM »
These guys may as well fly offline where the drones won't hurt them.

They might if it counted towards their score!  :banana:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2022, 04:28:06 PM »
They might if it counted towards their score!  :banana:
My favorite part about the score vermin is they rarely have a good score or ranking. People still don't understand that running and trying to save your precious cartoon ego actively hurts your fighter score.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2022, 07:27:20 PM »
I don't really think it's about score per say, it's more about not dieing. People don't want to die, especially flying 5 minutes to get alt. When you get jumped by 3 or 4 guys at one time, you decide to fly planes that can escape faster to not get jumped. Unfortunately, a lot of good players chose these planes in order to make it easier to escape. The rest of them don't even know ACM enough to be able to reverse a plane on their 6. Muchless 3. Many dont want to challenge themselves.  ACM is like a Jedi art form. You have to really want to learn it. They simply just don't get enough kills per sortie for them to have a good rank because they aren't aggressive enough.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2022, 08:09:16 PM »
I don't really think it's about score per say, it's more about not dieing. People don't want to die, especially flying 5 minutes to get alt. When you get jumped by 3 or 4 guys at one time, you decide to fly planes that can escape faster to not get jumped. Unfortunately, a lot of good players chose these planes in order to make it easier to escape. The rest of them don't even know ACM enough to be able to reverse a plane on their 6. Muchless 3. Many dont want to challenge themselves.  ACM is like a Jedi art form. You have to really want to learn it. They simply just don't get enough kills per sortie for them to have a good rank because they aren't aggressive enough.

"BINGO!"
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2022, 08:11:36 PM »
Many dont want to challenge themselves.

This is so.  But people fly here for different reasons.  Some really like to be part of a team effort.  Some enjoy the goal of winning the war.  We can use them all.

- oldman

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2022, 11:04:58 PM »

Then you have the losers who run, refuse to commit and hide in Ack WHILE having a 3-4 man advantage.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2022, 12:48:38 AM »
People don't want to die

"The way of the Samurai is found in death".
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2022, 08:47:31 AM »
"The way of the Samurai is found in death".

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2022, 12:35:05 PM »
I actually tried to get a plane to run into me last night. I did not maneuver to get position, I simply let him zoom in over and over tried to get him to crash into me. Was fun. He finally shot me down though. LOL I think he was excited about that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-