Author Topic: Tesla 500 mile range Semi will cost more than $200,000  (Read 13389 times)

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
Re: Tesla 500 mile range Semi will cost more than $200,000
« Reply #255 on: September 02, 2023, 11:03:51 AM »
Good for you? Please do tell the rest of us get your luck and valuable insight

you mean to tell me your fridge only lasts 2 years?

damn you are unlucky.

semp

No you dope, 6 years

Reading comprehension isn't high on your list is it?

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #256 on: September 03, 2023, 06:22:50 AM »
Gotta have the fridge with the built in ipad for recipes they don't use as they eat out 6 nights a week..

Every appliance we have replaced in the last 10 years cost more and operate worse than the ones they replaced dishwasher,  fridge and washing machine come to mind

Yes we live in a throw away world wich just has to be as green as it gets...

Eagler

Exactly. I had one TV which lasted 23 years. Next one I donated away in fully functioning condition after 14 years of use. That was one of the last veterans before flat ones.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #257 on: September 03, 2023, 08:02:05 AM »
Electricity will become the new oil when the grid hits overload.

Like a drug pusher,  its cheap now until you’re hooked, now it cost you.

I’m all about cleaner air, we all experienced how clean the air was during pandemic shutdown,  but this product coming before how we power them all is backwards. They should be updating the grid now, not after the fact.

Electricity will be the new oil, maybe worse because we don’t power our homes and biz with gas. All eggs will be in one basket. Home investment will include solar panels and batteries. Otherwise, if you don’t pay your electric bill you lose everything. Green energy will be the only solution, like it or not.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #258 on: September 03, 2023, 09:57:38 AM »
Electricity will become the new oil when the grid hits overload.

Like a drug pusher,  its cheap now until you’re hooked, now it cost you.

I’m all about cleaner air, we all experienced how clean the air was during pandemic shutdown,  but this product coming before how we power them all is backwards. They should be updating the grid now, not after the fact.

Electricity will be the new oil, maybe worse because we don’t power our homes and biz with gas. All eggs will be in one basket. Home investment will include solar panels and batteries. Otherwise, if you don’t pay your electric bill you lose everything. Green energy will be the only solution, like it or not.

The grid is well past overload. It's at least 20 years behind, in California it's forty years behind. It needs a minimum of ten years of work and $100 billion to catch up. Then it will only be caught up, not ahead. That's assuming they will allow the use of natural gas and nuclear power plants, and update the current coal plants. None of which they want to do.

The problem with batteries and solar panels is that they have a very finite service life. Further, mining for the raw materials is destroying the environment. It's also being done in third world countries, by children. Batteries, solar panels, and wind mill blades simply cannot be recycled with current technology. And the contents of batteries and solar panels destroy the ground and poison the water where ever they are scrapped.

The race to be "green" will poison the planet, and might even trigger the mass extinction event before any asteroid or thermonuclear war can.

All for nothing, and inexcusable.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #259 on: September 03, 2023, 10:08:34 AM »
Electricity is already expensive. The free market ALWAYS delivers just enough.  If demand outstrips demand, prices must rise.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #260 on: September 03, 2023, 11:32:10 AM »

The grid is well past overload. It's at least 20 years behind, in ....

It is all for something - $$$$$$  & control - just not the agenda they are trying to sell you

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #261 on: September 03, 2023, 01:11:07 PM »

The grid is well past overload. It's at least 20 years behind, in California it's forty years behind. It needs a minimum of ten years of work and $100 billion to catch up. Then it will only be caught up, not ahead. That's assuming they will allow the use of natural gas and nuclear power plants, and update the current coal plants. None of which they want to do.

The problem with batteries and solar panels is that they have a very finite service life. Further, mining for the raw materials is destroying the environment. It's also being done in third world countries, by children. Batteries, solar panels, and wind mill blades simply cannot be recycled with current technology. And the contents of batteries and solar panels destroy the ground and poison the water where ever they are scrapped.

The race to be "green" will poison the planet, and might even trigger the mass extinction event before any asteroid or thermonuclear war can.

I’ll agree with 50% of that. Batteries aren’t required for solar or wind power. Its just helpful. I know some peeps who have both, they now sell their extra power to utility companies. Truth.

I think solar or wind powers farms is ugly. Lung cancer is more ugly.

Here’s the problem with some ppl’s opinions. To know what is wrong one must first know whats right. If one refuses data they work off cynical conspiracies that carry no or slanted facts.

They are great at finger pointing with a blind fold, but offer zero solutions.

Live next to steel mills, watching a cancer pandemic and you’ll learn real quick pollution kills. Talking about what happened 30k yrs ago is an evasion. There are things 30k yrs aho that contradict what people use to excuse. This is now,….”this,… is this.“ ( Movie, Deer Hunter)

I have no use for people who whine, but offer no working solutions. They tend to cling to blanket answers, when a wider view is needed. Think in a box, remain in a box. Blanket answers are for lazy minds.

<shrug> no offense intended.

Pretty sure earth is culling the herd. Survival if the fittest, mentally. Darwin. Go against the mastodon with a butter knife and your gene pool of stupid is over. :)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 01:22:39 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #262 on: September 03, 2023, 01:30:48 PM »
It is all for something - $$$$$$  & control - just not the agenda they are trying to sell you

Eagler

There is less $$$ in green power than oil mongers, also less trouble and mire stable markets.

We’d put Arabia nations, Iran and Russia out of biz.

Fleeting thoughts from the village idiot.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #263 on: September 03, 2023, 01:34:22 PM »
Native Americans have it right about the planet.

But that makes me a little bias too. :)
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #264 on: September 03, 2023, 01:39:07 PM »
Owell
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 01:41:43 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #265 on: September 03, 2023, 03:58:22 PM »
There is less $$$ in green power than oil mongers, also less trouble and mire stable markets.

Actually, no.

There's massive profit in so called "green" power.

You'll put neither Russia nor China out of business, you'll make both infinitely more powerful and wealthy. They control massive amounts of the raw materials for batteries and solar panels. And they quite literally rape the earth obtaining them, while doing it with slave labor. They're trashing their weaker neighbors to gain even more control. There are millions of people being pretty much forced to mine those materials, in their own nation, for pennies a day, while the environment around them is destroyed by the mining. Their water is being poisoned to the point of not being potable, nor supporting fish they desperately need to eat. So, no, you're not making markets more stable, nor making less trouble. Unless you think China invading Taiwan, and Russia invading neighbors, is more stable and less trouble.

The stuff in solar panels is every bit as bad as the stuff in batteries. And every bit as impossible to recycle or dispose off. And yeah, you actually do need batteries for solar to work. The sun rarely shines 24/7.

There are plenty of other solutions. But they do not make the "right people" wealthy, nor do they give those same people the control they seek.

Fossil fuels can be made cleaner and more efficient. but that is literally being intentionally discouraged, instead of incentivized. The government is choosing winners, and making losers, at t he expense of the tax payers, and the planet.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #266 on: September 03, 2023, 04:39:23 PM »
We’ll just disagree.

You css as n tap off the grid when the sun is not producing. They can store energy in one place.

If fuel could could be made cleaner they would have to retain oil power, i know an exe at a refinery.

Those countries won’t be supply us, they would just supply themselves , not ship it.

Oils drills, pipelines and fracking don’t destroy?

Opps for hot, modt the chemicals only in other nations are for computers chips

What I hear is big oil propaganda. And we know where their donations go. Thats the real machine this prohibits logical thinking.

We hear this fluff about the pipelines going through as reservations, promises promises, then there were several breaks that turned the land for a generation. As warned and predicted

Peopke jeep swallowing that propaganda whole. If it could be made cleaner, they wouldn’t be lying about it, they’d just do it. Hence 80s Unleaded gad.

Replace fuel with corn and corn goes up along with farm land that grows edible food.

We are just going to disagree. Good luck on the venture to do nothing.

Go ahead mention any skirmish in the world and oil skyrockets, just based on a prediction that increases profit. P has had us n a 100 yr choke hold, on several levels.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 04:41:17 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #267 on: September 03, 2023, 04:46:05 PM »
When someone can produce science and data to support the anti green crowd I’ll start oaying attension. Haven’t seen it yet. Much like lack of evidence in other subjects
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #268 on: September 03, 2023, 05:20:37 PM »

Don't be so hard on yourself

It's the transfer of $$$$ from one to the other for mainly political gain imo

All for new tech but not prematurely jumping ship

Psst you need batteries if you want power at night or no wind conditions

Don't know too many folks who don't want power at night..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #269 on: September 03, 2023, 05:42:28 PM »

No, electricity is the fuel.  Will Etrucks be generating their own electricity?
  The battery pack is the "fuel tank". That said, the most expensive wear item are the engine for the diesel and the battery pack for the etruck. I figure that because electric motors are relatively maintenance/trouble free.  You already knew that... or did you?

Just fleeting thought a trailer could hold solar panels on top.

To be honest sometimes at work I’m and eye in the sky.
Many times I’ve signed many NDAs because large corps want me to recored their confrences. I formation kept from public. A lot of marketing, which is kinda sick. I’ve even recored Russians, and while I don’t know what they say, they certainly have each other. Big pharma,…, many industries. Marketing and oharma are somewhat disturbing.  Medical is torture, accounting is sleep worthy. They are like mini college courses, exposed to a lot.

I’m really not lost in space. I see a lot of research. I’m not any Mr.Know-it-all, but I do have s clue. :)

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks