Author Topic: Setting up the new Reverb G2  (Read 5286 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Setting up the new Reverb G2
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2022, 04:55:54 AM »
Safe to say..FU Facebook/Meta/Zuckerturd and oculus tied to such BS?  Rift was SO MUCH easier, User Friendly!?  Eh, before the Dark Times? :old:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2022, 05:03:21 AM »
Safe to say..FU Facebook/Meta/Zuckerturd and oculus tied to such BS?  Rift was SO MUCH easier, User Friendly!?  Eh, before the Dark Times? :old:

I don't have any problems.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2022, 07:05:34 AM »
The time when you said you had the dot but when you hovered over the ah menu and clicked but nothing happened..as mentioned that is a focus issue..

When that happens in the vive pro I remove the headset and manually click the running ah icon in the tool bar to put the focus back on ah..

Happens sometimes to me when I start a music cd in the disc drive and the focus is on media player for the tunes and needs to be focused back on the game

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2022, 07:41:38 AM »
Yeah but if he got that far it was because he just needed to peek under the headset and hit win+y. It is a focus issue and that's the cure. After that he prolly won't have to do it again. So close.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2022, 07:45:26 AM »
And Puma, given the track record of fragility these cables have I can't advise strongly enough against the plugging and unplugging. Just use the power switch. Getting a replacement might be a problem. I've been trying to get a spare from them. No dice on that so far.

As to getting back to the setup you should see it in your start menu list. Look under HP I think?

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2022, 07:49:17 AM »
I need to try win+y when I  lose that focus in the game

Thanks!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2022, 08:58:05 AM »
Yeah but if he got that far it was because he just needed to peek under the headset and hit win+y. It is a focus issue and that's the cure. After that he prolly won't have to do it again. So close.

Drano, maybe a few screen shots of what you see as you login might help so these guys can kind see a step by step run through.

I have to say since they switched to "Meta" my Quest 2 loads up much faster than it use to or the Rift before. Also you do not have to have a FB account to use it any more, a Meta one yes   :) but you can link it to the FB account if you want. It seems they finally have a management team together that has a clear focus of where/how/what they want to do and they are moving along well.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2022, 10:17:48 AM »
Sorry I forgot to mention this right off.
The G2 USB draws a lot of power. Try plugging it into different ports.
On my ASUS Hero XIII MB, the ports would work for awhile and then die, not to power the G2 again. In the end I ended up installing a PCIe add-in card that gets it's power direct from the power supply. I had the same problem on the Riff running on my Sandy Bridge so I already had the card.
My son on the other hand never had any problem with his G2.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2022, 10:23:19 AM »
Gentlemen, thank you very much for your continued support and recommendations.  I’ll try and fiddle with the G2 again this afternoon and hopefully break the code.  Once it’s figured out, wonder if HiTech would consider making a sticky titled “How to Set Up and Use the G2 in AH”?  It appears I’m not the Lone Ranger.  A clear “How To” would be helpful and a great deal less frustrating.  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2022, 10:25:48 AM »
Sorry I forgot to mention this right off.
The G2 USB draws a lot of power. Try plugging it into different ports.
On my ASUS Hero XIII MB, the ports would work for awhile and then die, not to power the G2 again. In the end I ended up installing a PCIe add-in card that gets it's power direct from the power supply. I had the same problem on the Riff running on my Sandy Bridge so I already had the card.
My son on the other hand never had any problem with his G2.

Good point Easy!  I upgraded my power supply from 600W to 850W, and graphics card from 1070 to 3080.  Of course, to my wife, I blamed the card upgrade on SNO, since he told me to just do it.   :rofl
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 10:27:27 AM by Puma44 »

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2022, 10:31:01 AM »
I'm running a 1,000W Seasonic Titan but full up drive slots and RAM and a 3090. It wasn't enough to go through the MB.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2022, 10:32:29 PM »
Great progress made this weekend.  Yesterday some FaceTime with SNO and today with Easyscor, the controllers are paired, able to get into AH, and setup of the VR stick settings per Easy’s expert tutelage.  Very much appreciate your time and patience gentlemen.

Now, the test will be if I can remember everything tomorrow after sleeping overnight.  :rofl

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2022, 09:39:21 AM »
 :cheers: :cheers: :aok
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2022, 01:11:27 PM »
Hey Puma, sorry you're having troubles. The G2 is a great headset once it's up and running. I don't know if you've already gone through all this but the below is how I got mine working.

First for getting your controllers paired there should be a pairing button under the battery case. Hold that until the lights on the controller start flashing and it should pair to the headset. I think you need to be in the hp reverb vr headset setup (it is a different setup than the wmr one). There should be on screen instructions on how to pair.

Second your issue with ah not showing up sounds like a break between wmr and steamvr. Make sure you have steamvr and windows mixed reality for steamvr installed. You need both. Then run steamvr. There should be a little vr icon next to the close window x in the top right of steam. Click on that and it should start wmr if it's not already running. Then the steamvr box will open and should read ready. If it doesn't read ready there are still issues. Let us know what it says in that case. Open ah dx11 and click yes on the use headset prompt. Hopefully you're good to go from there.

I'm out of town right now but get back Monday night. I'll load up some screenshots when I get back home.

Thanks for your suggestions.  Between time with SNO and Easy this weekend, all of your ideas are complete.   :salute

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2022, 04:40:46 PM »
Excellent! Glad you got it straightened out. I was away from the PC til now. What was it that got you past the problem?

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"