Author Topic: About 5 weeks till I'm back  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: About 5 weeks till I'm back
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2022, 02:47:59 AM »
13 Oct for first online flight

I may see if Brooke will let me do a ride along or two with the Oct scenario though.

Come on in for the last two frames, pal!

It'll be great, and you don't need to be all practiced up to have lots of fun.  :aok

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2022, 04:18:35 PM »
Come on in for the last two frames, pal!

It'll be great, and you don't need to be all practiced up to have lots of fun.  :aok

So I can be a clay pigeon for the OPFOR?  LOL :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2022, 11:06:11 PM »
So I can be a clay pigeon for the OPFOR?  LOL :)

Nah.  It's that you still have fun in the scenario environment at any skill level.

In the melee arena, fights tend to start at lower alt, tend to be more 1 on 1, and tend to result in 1 of the 2 guys fighting getting shot down.  If one guy is significantly better than the other, or they are equal but one has a better plane, or one starts with a bunch more alt, he will typically win.

In scenarios, fights tend start at much higher alt, and are many on many.  Fights don't always result in all of one side dying.  Some folks get saddled up on, dive out, and the enemy doesn't want to follow the guy all the way to deck.  Or a friendly in the area clears you.  Or its a furball, and the enemy on you transitions over to another guy and off of you.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2022, 05:43:34 AM »
How well I remember Brooke.  JG11 always flew together and had good wingman discipline. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute