Author Topic: Mechanics poking around a Ford Lightning  (Read 1507 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Mechanics poking around a Ford Lightning
« on: September 09, 2022, 08:22:46 AM »
Kind of interesting. I think it's a great looking truck with a lot of neat features. If this were priced in the 30k range, I'd buy one. These are probably over 100k though. Who can afford that?

Plus you have range issues, but that will eventually get better.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
Re: Mechanics poking around a Ford Lightning
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 08:24:26 AM »
I'll have an electric car one day.  Probably the cheap Tesla.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 08:25:18 AM »
Base model is under $50k. Ford Maverick, albeit a hybrid, starts at around $20k.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 08:32:21 AM »
Big three are YEARS behind Tesla.  Here's a Neato question.. What do you suppose the average cost of a new car is in the US?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 08:33:58 AM »
I think the guys in the video go that truck as one of the very first ones for 71K and they plan to keep it for a year and sell it for 100k.  Just like when  hot new car comes out, you probably can't get one for anywhere near the listed price. They will all be a lot higher for awhile I think.

I want an EV explorer. So I looked it up just now and found an interesting not from Ford CEO, Jim Farley

https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/ford-ceo-farley-says-explorer-customers-might-not-like-upcoming-evs/

Ford’s current EV plan is specifically focused on what the automaker considers its “iconic” models, as well as commercial vehicles, though CEO Jim Farley recently stated that future EVs won’t simply be electric versions of existing ICE-powered models. This means that vehicles likes the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning – which is essentially just an electrified F-150 – won’t be emulated in the future, and that apparently includes the forthcoming Ford Explorer EV. In fact, while speaking at the 2022 Alliance Bernstein Strategic Decisions Conference, Farley went so far as to say that traditional Explorer customers may not like the all-electric vehicles the automaker is cooking up.

“On the EV business, you got to make sure that you don’t just have electric digital versions of your ICE products,” Farley said. “To have top end engineering much less, like Tesla has shown us, you have to approach the creation of the product through a conquest methodology. You design the product so they are actually incredibly painfully advanced. You over invest in electric architecture and embedded system, the way they look, the digital experience inside of them. It’s probably not going to be comfortable for our current customers who buy an Explorer.”
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 02:47:24 PM »
No thanks.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 06:42:17 PM »
I'm still not sold on fuel injection.

Will be a long time before I consider anything electric or anything made after 2005.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2022, 02:30:20 AM »

Will be a long time before I consider anything electric or anything made after 2005.

'63 Corvette was fuel injected....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2022, 02:42:16 AM »

Injection is OK but these modern dingeldangels in subfolder of a sub subfolder in touchscreen not. Neither are vehicles which do what they want instead what driver is asking. My friend had a crash when he tried to avoid a collision w/ a truck by drifting but ESC forced car straight to it. Bang. Broken ribs, ruined Citroen.

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2022, 10:51:59 AM »
Big three are YEARS behind Tesla.  Here's a Neato question.. What do you suppose the average cost of a new car is in the US?

We got a brand new Hyundai off the lot with a 50k mile complete warranty for about $16k.  :x
Turn n' Burn!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2022, 11:03:03 AM »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 11:05:08 AM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2022, 12:44:37 PM »
I remember the days where they pushed gas homes over electric because they are vastly more efficient.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2022, 01:05:09 PM »
More than a few cities where new gas homes aren't even allowed, infrastructure not even going in. CA can get by with that, but not the northeast. Doesn't take much electricity to run a gas heater
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2022, 05:16:32 PM »
i'm about 10 years from needing a new car my 2015 Tacoma has about 65000 miles on it and it's well maintained so I figure a good 300k out of it before the wheels fall off.  I may trade in my parents Escape when they pass and get me a Mustang for a 'play' car.   So I'm good thanks
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2022, 10:50:37 PM »
More than a few cities where new gas homes aren't even allowed, infrastructure not even going in. CA can get by with that, but not the northeast. Doesn't take much electricity to run a gas heater

Cali is leaning hard on gas right now with their electricity shortage.
80th FS "Headhunters"