Author Topic: What's your carry weapon?  (Read 5605 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: What's your carry weapon?
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2022, 01:44:42 PM »
Practice a lot then such that reality more approaches illusion.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2022, 01:50:33 PM »
back to the subject.

I'd like something for home use. I'd feel better if I had a revolver by my bed as opposed to a shotgun that would be hard to use in a small space. My bedroom door is less than 3 feet from the foot of my bed and it's the main entrance. I would have to gave something pretty much under my pillow.

If I ever move back to a sane state, like Arizona, I'd want something that would fit in my purse and easy for me to use.

I'm not sure if I trust anything but a revolver. I'm not a gun person and I'd think simpler is better for me.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2022, 01:55:09 PM »
back to the subject.

I'd like something for home use. I'd feel better if I had a revolver by my bed as opposed to a shotgun that would be hard to use in a small space. My bedroom door is less than 3 feet from the foot of my bed and it's the main entrance. I would have to gave something pretty much under my pillow.

If I ever move back to a sane state, like Arizona, I'd want something that would fit in my purse and easy for me to use.

I'm not sure if I trust anything but a revolver. I'm not a gun person and I'd think simpler is better for me.

Is that single or double action?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2022, 01:57:11 PM »
I don't know. The kind that can be cocked by hand or the trigger directly pulled.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2022, 01:59:31 PM »
There's a bunch that do single and double
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2022, 02:10:48 PM »
There's a bunch that do single and double
Every double action revolver can do also single action. DAO, double action only, cannot.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2022, 05:35:22 PM »
Not all

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2022, 07:01:57 PM »
Ruger LCP 380
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2022, 09:27:53 PM »
I don't know. The kind that can be cocked by hand or the trigger directly pulled.

Geeg…you may have heard this before. An old school Colt Agent or Cobra is what you want. Both essentially the same, they are lightweight Colt Detective Specials. The DS is steel frame, the other two are alloy.

Six rounds of .38spl. You won’t notice it under your pillow. Single or double action. Won’t jam. Don’t have to fool with a safety in the dark when startled awake. Amazingly accurate for a 2” barrel. A very easy purse carry.

Plus, whatever you pay it will appreciate. You’ll beat inflation if you ever want to sell.

Just do it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2022, 11:37:29 PM »
Right now I have to save every dime because I'm worried about where I'm going to live and how much money I we'll have to pay. It's stressing me out.

But I would like to have a gun like that, Toad.

Sometimes I get spooked at night when I do noises outside but I've got cameras and stuff and nobody's ever around it's just a cat or something. But it always scares me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2022, 02:32:03 AM »
Gina shop around pawnshops you can find a gun for home for cheap. then you can upgrade. just be careful.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2022, 02:39:29 AM »
Not all

If DA revolver cannot act SA, it is not DA but DAO.

DAO means that the weapon can only be fired in double action mode. Examples include the DAO variants of the Beretta 92 and SIG P226 DAK, or it can also sometimes refer to striker fired pistols such as Glock or M&P that are designed with a much heavier trigger pull (such as some police departments like the New York Police Department require). It can also apply to revolvers that have a covered up hammer so they can only be fired in the DA mode only, such as the Ruger LCR or Smith & Wesson 442/642.

DA/SA refers to weapons, and usually semi-automatic pistols, that can be fired in DA or SA mode. The first trigger pull is long and in the DA mode, while all subsequent trigger pulls are in the shorter and crisper SA trigger mode, until the weapon is either empty or safely decocked. Examples include the Beretta 92, SIG P226, Walther P99, and the HK USP. Most DA/SA are hammer fired, but exceptions apply, as a few striker fired pistols like the P99 are DA/SA.

DA is typically used to refer to double action revolvers that can be fired in double action or have the hammer pulled back for single action, and in modern cases, with a swing out cylinder. This includes guns like the Ruger GP100 or the Smith & Wesson 686.

SA is typically used to refer to single action revolvers that can only be fired in single action mode after the hammer is pulled. This includes iconic revolvers like the Colt Peacemaker (AKA the Colt Single Action Army) or the Ruger Vaquero.

If you don't believe me, hope you believe him:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2be4eS_tMI
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 03:19:20 AM by GasTeddy »
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2022, 05:41:30 AM »
I've never heard the term "DAO", but it sounds appropriate. Ones that do both I've always seen referred to as SA/DA. I have an single action old west clone, it's a blast to play with

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2022, 08:18:27 AM »
I'm still not clear on what the differences between single and double action. I'm thinking that single action is that you just pull the trigger? Double action is that you can cock t if you want, or pull the trigger in one action?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2022, 09:29:16 AM »
You have to cock a single action.