Author Topic: mouse cursor  (Read 873 times)

Offline babydew

• Zinc Member
mouse cursor
« on: September 12, 2022, 03:31:00 PM »
I recent came back to this game after many many years aces high 2 times. Well i am having a problem in that my mouse works fine in the menu but as soon as i go to offline practice or any arenas my mouse does nothing my keyboard and joystick all appear to work fine but i cannot click anything most i can do is move my head around walk around the tower and talk to guys in chat. i've reinstalled the game twice looked through the controls for anything that could be related and nothing ive drawn a blank.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: mouse cursor
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 03:34:36 PM »
The "H" key locks out the mouse, Id start there

Offline babydew

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 03:36:02 PM »
yep i tried that nothing shift h just h nothing i thought i was going to beat the key out of my keyboard.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 03:44:06 PM »
Open clip board,that should bring up cursor. It was changed a while back.

Offline babydew

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 03:49:36 PM »
Open clip board,that should bring up cursor. It was changed a while back.

just double checked and  opening and closing the clipboard has no effect the cursor is just stuck there in the middle of the screen.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2022, 03:59:01 PM »
Hmmm usually you won’t see the cursor unless you have the clip board open. Does it function in windows? Have you tried restarting the game? And the only other thing I can think of is maybe you disabled it by pressing “H” but logging out should bring it back to default.

I’ve had a similar experience but my wireless mouse was low on battery power so I plugged a wired mouse in to activate the cursor.

YMMV.

Offline babydew

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 04:16:11 PM »
Hmmm usually you won’t see the cursor unless you have the clip board open. Does it function in windows? Have you tried restarting the game? And the only other thing I can think of is maybe you disabled it by pressing “H” but logging out should bring it back to default.

I’ve had a similar experience but my wireless mouse was low on battery power so I plugged a wired mouse in to activate the cursor.

YMMV.
my mouse is wired and yea as ive stated ive been trying to fix this for 2 days and ive reinstalled the game twice.... what i see is I click on offline practice or pick my arena and the cursor pops to the middle of the screen while loading no matter where it is and nothing i do makes it move or go away nothing it does work in windows and it absolutely baffled me i thought maybe my jostick could be causing a conflict but no if i unplug my joystick and restart the game it does nothing different. just stuck there right in the middle of the screen.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2022, 04:25:29 PM »
Which version of AH,dx 9 or 11 ? Seems like something may be trying to load.

This is really a tech support issue as the issue seem over my pay grade….. :o

You’re perplexing.

Offline babydew

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2022, 04:36:45 PM »
Which version of AH,dx 9 or 11 ? Seems like something may be trying to load.

This is really a tech support issue as the issue seem over my pay grade….. :o

You’re perplexing.
not sure which version of direct X it doesnt say but patch version is 3.06 patch 4 and my gpu is a 3080ti so i hope its dx11.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2022, 04:59:09 PM »
right click on the icon and you should be able to see the source file which for DX11 is "aceshigh11.exe"

Check under the mapping to see if the right mouse is set as your mouse in the game. Its really odd that it would lose connection with the game like that. I think you can get there by using tab to move the active buttons.

You could also navigate to the "settings folder in the file manager, rename it to "settingsold" or something. Unplug your controllers and then start the game. It will rebuild the settings folder automatically. Then go into the game and see if you loose the mouse again. If you dont the controllers are messing with the setupor you have assigned an axis to both your controller AND mouse.

Plug in each controller you have one at a time to see if you lose it again.

Offline babydew

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2022, 05:07:41 PM »
right click on the icon and you should be able to see the source file which for DX11 is "aceshigh11.exe"

Check under the mapping to see if the right mouse is set as your mouse in the game. Its really odd that it would lose connection with the game like that. I think you can get there by using tab to move the active buttons.

You could also navigate to the "settings folder in the file manager, rename it to "settingsold" or something. Unplug your controllers and then start the game. It will rebuild the settings folder automatically. Then go into the game and see if you loose the mouse again. If you dont the controllers are messing with the setupor you have assigned an axis to both your controller AND mouse.

Plug in each controller you have one at a time to see if you lose it again.
ok i see what your saying about the sourefile mine is through steam so it just says aceshighsteam.exe i do only see a d3d9x file in the actual files
i deleted the settings file entirely and unplugged all my controller and tabbed to the game and launched it plugged in my mouse and regained mouse control in the menu however once agian i launched the offline practice and lost everything
also i forgot to add tabbing around in game doesnt seem to trigger anything as i see nothing and as many times as i hit tab and then try to trigger something nothing happens.

Offline babydew

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2022, 05:12:14 PM »
I am going to attempt and download thru the website and use the non steam version to see if that fixes it.

Offline babydew

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2022, 05:49:39 PM »
ok i installed the direct X 11 versiont through the website created an account and nothing... no difference same problem with the steam version uninstalled so no conflicts.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2022, 05:59:32 PM »
I would suggest emailing  support at high tech creations  dot com unless we can find a much more skilled person than myself.

Still it seems like something is trying to load , what I have no idea.

Offline babydew

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2022, 06:02:53 PM »
I would suggest emailing  support at high tech creations  dot com unless we can find a much more skilled person than myself.

Still it seems like something is trying to load , what I have no idea.
will do thank you guys for trying this is weird.