Author Topic: Perk the manned gun kills  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perk the manned gun kills
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2022, 09:28:06 AM »
For that to happen your opponent has to have a spine and actually fly out of his ack umbrella which is why I am there in the 1st place..it is not to take a base usually just to a2a..

Nights as a knight has become boring as sadly neither rook or bish seem to want to fight them and are happy playing by themselves..

This is usually 8 to 9 pm est

Another reason the game should be reduced to two sides and not three imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2022, 10:28:09 AM »
My opinion is that if you're in a manned gun and die it should show up against your KTD ratio.  Don't want to up and fly?  Cool.  someone will figure out how to do a low level attack to deack the field before the next wave comes in.  It would require a team effort but sometimes those are fun as i recall especially during squad nights. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2022, 12:49:53 PM »
My opinion is that if you're in a manned gun and die it should show up against your KTD ratio.  Don't want to up and fly?  Cool.  someone will figure out how to do a low level attack to deack the field before the next wave comes in.  It would require a team effort but sometimes those are fun as i recall especially during squad nights.

I imagine if the kills counted, so would the deaths.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2022, 01:20:46 PM »
I'm all for it.  Once you enter the arena if you die you die.  Learn not to die.  I never quite mastered that art LOL.  But I also never looked at score.  I was here for the fun, the fights, and the camaraderie.  Nothing got me jazzed like an FSO, a squad night, or a scenario.  Oh sure I'd play in the main mainly the AVA.  But for the most part the first three were what I gravitated to and will again soon :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2022, 03:47:08 PM »
How about putting an icon over manned guns if they are being manned?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2022, 05:55:24 AM »
How about putting an icon over manned guns if they are being manned?

Over invisible gv's too ... might inspire some to get into a plane..

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2022, 08:06:22 AM »
Over invisible gv's too ... might inspire some to get into a plane..

Eagler

I liked it before when there was no GV dar.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2022, 09:57:14 AM »
I liked it before when there was no GV dar.

All for dropping that and going with 2k or 3k icons

Eagler

Online RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2022, 10:22:02 AM »
All for dropping that and going with 2k or 3k icons

Eagler

You posted your all about that Air 2 Air game

why you care about GV icons? just curious
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2022, 10:39:09 AM »

I for one care because half the time there's only GV and no air cons to attack, and sometimes I just feel like flying a 110 and sending the GVers to the tower.

Why is it so hard for people to wrap their heads around the fact that we just want to dogfight? Any time people like me aren't dogfighting is just because there are no dogfights to be found.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2022, 10:43:29 AM »

So I can avoid them usually

Eagler

Online RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2022, 11:23:44 AM »
I for one care because half the time there's only GV and no air cons to attack, and sometimes I just feel like
Why is it so hard for people to wrap their heads around the fact that we just want to dogfight? Any time people like me aren't dogfighting is just because there are no dogfights to be found.

So go into the hosted H2H rooms and dogfight it up.

And let's be honest everyone's opinion of a dogfight differs. Most want to dogfight when they out number someone. A large majority run when they lose the advantage, usually to the base ack/wingman.

If you want a straight up nothing but furball dogfights then go into the DA, host a server, go into a hosted server, show up for Monday night madness, attend FSO. Advertise that you're interested in doing this and then go do it. Like minded folks will probably show up.

This game is a lot of FUN. But with the lack of teamwork and the selfish actions of mostly 98% of the players this game is slowly dying. Most have gone to other games to get their dose of combat gaming action. The teamwork, the looking out for fellow players instead of just using them as bait because your worried about getting your name up in lights and a bunch of strangers possibly telling you WTG on 200 and country chat.

Darkwood

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2022, 11:59:54 AM »
So go into the hosted H2H rooms and dogfight it up.

And let's be honest everyone's opinion of a dogfight differs. Most want to dogfight when they out number someone. A large majority run when they lose the advantage, usually to the base ack/wingman.

If you want a straight up nothing but furball dogfights then go into the DA, host a server, go into a hosted server, show up for Monday night madness, attend FSO. Advertise that you're interested in doing this and then go do it. Like minded folks will probably show up.

This game is a lot of FUN. But with the lack of teamwork and the selfish actions of mostly 98% of the players this game is slowly dying. Most have gone to other games to get their dose of combat gaming action. The teamwork, the looking out for fellow players instead of just using them as bait because your worried about getting your name up in lights and a bunch of strangers possibly telling you WTG on 200 and country chat.

Darkwood

It's actually large maps like BowlMA right now which will stay up for the next 5 days that are killing off the players. No wants to look at huge map with flashing bases and no dar bars. Majority don't even know where to go to find action. You fly 5 minutes to a field only to insta die by ack trying to get somethint going. No one rolls to fight you and you get bored and log. The only players left are strategy players who could give a F less about a fun fight. Just gang with your boys 4 on 1 the single lonely guy who wants to fight and go back to playing with yourselves. You think most will stick around long for that? At least with a smaller map there are areas where fight gets bigger due to choke points and players knowing where the battles are. People want big battles.

I'm glad you are all proud of running off the dog fighters and people who want to play for air combat action. Congratulations! Now we are left with the 40 players who fly B26s at 90k to bomb towns or sit in wirbles shooting towns and watching grass grow. The game would have been much more populated if it was geared toward fighter combat action instead of tanks and large maps that are bare during off hours.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 12:01:42 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2022, 12:19:56 PM »

Darkwood

I always try to give weight to opinions on threads like this to the amount of play time of the poster. Do they play a lot, or occasionally.  Adjust the weight accordingly.

I went back SIX months.  You have 29 sorties in that time. It would be more but you haven't played in at all this tour.

With six days to go I have 228 sorties in a fighter.

Forgive me if your opinion is taken with a grain of salt

You don't play the game..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2022, 12:23:08 PM »
It's actually large maps like BowlMA right now which will stay up for the next 5 days that are killing off the players. No wants to look at huge map with flashing bases and no dar bars. Majority don't even know where to go to find action. You fly 5 minutes to a field only to insta die by ack trying to get somethint going. No one rolls to fight you and you get bored and log. The only players left are strategy players who could give a F less about a fun fight. Just gang with your boys 4 on 1 the single lonely guy who wants to fight and go back to playing with yourselves. You think most will stick around long for that? At least with a smaller map there are areas where fight gets bigger due to choke points and players knowing where the battles are. People want big battles.

I'm glad you are all proud of running off the dog fighters and people who want to play for air combat action. Congratulations! Now we are left with the 40 players who fly B26s at 90k to bomb towns or sit in wirbles shooting towns and watching grass grow. The game would have been much more populated if it was geared toward fighter combat action instead of tanks and large maps that are bare during off hours.

THIS ^^^
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..