Author Topic: Big Red  (Read 2391 times)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: Big Red
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2022, 06:08:00 AM »
🤣 😂 🤣.... my parents owned their own semis (3 semis 7 trailers- 2 flatbed 5 refers) had 2 teams that drove and then  my parents drove as a  team... Dad's handle was "Mr. Quick" and Mom's was "Lady Quick" from 1984 through 1994 when my Dad had a  major stroke coming through Tennessee on I-40 while driving, Mom had to wake up and come out of the sleeper to pull the Air Brakes and Jake Brake and trying to hold the Conventional Kenworth straight while Dad was slumped over the steering wheel...in that 10 year period my parents had driven over 5 million miles no guilty charges for speeding tickets and only involved in 1 accident where a woman turned her left turn signal on and turned into the drive tires off the right rear of their rig....the woman told the highway patrol that she never saw the semi beside her 😆...

Respect. Your mother is a real life hero.

Yeah because that's what everybody's implying here. That you shouldn't comment at all. Where do you even get this?

I guess people that aren't truckers shouldn't comment is that your point?

My points are valid. There's a maximum gross weight that a truck can have and that thing looks like it would be over that limit.

When you have a giant sleeper cab. I'm not talking about a normal sleeping cab I'm talking about those extended almost RV type rigs, those take up part of that gross weight limit and limit what you can pull as a load.

Go ahead and tell me that I'm wrong though. You real truckers.

There is also a 65 foot length limit. Any larger than that is an over-sized load.

My friend said this years ago when I asked him about the big extended trucks, because that's what I would want if I were a trucker. He told me you give up part of the GVW and it will limit the loads you can take. Plus cost you more fuel for what you are hauling.

My friend - who was also a business partner also was embarrassed that people just dismissed him as a "truck driver"  - but really, driving a truck isn't really rocket science.

Oh, and I've been in the labor market for 41 year, junior. Also a business owner. Who cares?

Total lack of sense of humor and weak self esteem combined with enormous amount of sore points seems to create hilarious comments. loosen the collar a bit and take a deep breath. Rocket scientist.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2022, 07:57:34 AM »
knorB,  that’s one car I thought of. The Chrysler turbine. I was surprised how long they continued making a few in various forms.
Another thing Steve Lehto wrote a book on.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2022, 08:36:46 AM »
like this?

That's a lot more quiet than I thought it would be.  Really cool.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2022, 09:46:44 AM »
They didn’t ‘fly’ but they had wings…
the Dodge Daytona and Plymouth Superbird.   :D
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2022, 01:04:32 PM »
Chevy's answer:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2022, 09:33:48 AM »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member