Author Topic: Big Red  (Read 2407 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Re: Big Red
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2022, 10:54:27 PM »
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2022, 11:09:48 PM »
You don't know what you're talking about.

what is next I'm ugly and my mother dresses me funny? that would hurt a lot more.

maybe scotty doesn't know.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2022, 02:33:06 AM »
Why don't you two get your ‘friends’ to post opposed to both of you bickering back and forth.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2022, 03:02:04 AM »
Hilarious. From my 37 years in labor markets, 25 was in some kind of armed forces and 12 as a trucker. So I better leave the commenting to those who know a trucker.    :D

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2022, 04:17:03 AM »
Hilarious. From my 37 years in labor markets, 25 was in some kind of armed forces and 12 as a trucker. So I better leave the commenting to those who know a trucker.    :D

🤣 😂 🤣.... my parents owned their own semis (3 semis 7 trailers- 2 flatbed 5 refers) had 2 teams that drove and then  my parents drove as a  team... Dad's handle was "Mr. Quick" and Mom's was "Lady Quick" from 1984 through 1994 when my Dad had a  major stroke coming through Tennessee on I-40 while driving, Mom had to wake up and come out of the sleeper to pull the Air Brakes and Jake Brake and trying to hold the Conventional Kenworth straight while Dad was slumped over the steering wheel...in that 10 year period my parents had driven over 5 million miles no guilty charges for speeding tickets and only involved in 1 accident where a woman turned her left turn signal on and turned into the drive tires off the right rear of their rig....the woman told the highway patrol that she never saw the semi beside her 😆...

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2022, 06:46:16 AM »

Yeah because that's what everybody's implying here. That you shouldn't comment at all. Where do you even get this?

I guess people that aren't truckers shouldn't comment is that your point?

My points are valid. There's a maximum gross weight that a truck can have and that thing looks like it would be over that limit.

When you have a giant sleeper cab. I'm not talking about a normal sleeping cab I'm talking about those extended almost RV type rigs, those take up part of that gross weight limit and limit what you can pull as a load.

Go ahead and tell me that I'm wrong though. You real truckers.

There is also a 65 foot length limit. Any larger than that is an over-sized load.

My friend said this years ago when I asked him about the big extended trucks, because that's what I would want if I were a trucker. He told me you give up part of the GVW and it will limit the loads you can take. Plus cost you more fuel for what you are hauling.

My friend - who was also a business partner also was embarrassed that people just dismissed him as a "truck driver"  - but really, driving a truck isn't really rocket science.

Oh, and I've been in the labor market for 41 year, junior. Also a business owner. Who cares?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 07:29:38 AM by -gg- »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2022, 07:42:17 AM »
It’s sort of silly relating a truck from 1966 and it’s operation then to today’s trucks, today’s trucking industry and economic situation. Not to mention new laws and requirements.
How much was gas or diesel back then? Truckers pay and the loads they delivered.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2022, 08:06:12 AM »
It’s sort of silly relating a truck from 1966 and it’s operation then to today’s trucks, today’s trucking industry and economic situation. Not to mention new laws and requirements.
How much was gas or diesel back then? Truckers pay and the loads they delivered.

As I said, that truck would have been too big and impractical - or new laws would have had to be made to accommodate something like that. But even then, huge extended cabs are not as practical and way more expensive.

That truck was billed as a a "truck for the 70's"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2022, 08:11:56 AM »
I knew it would only be a matter of time.  :rofl

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2022, 05:41:08 PM »
One of the biggest disappointments in modern life is that we never got jet cars and saw a similar revolution on the road as we did with aircraft. There was a whacky Sci-Fi series in the UK in the 70s where a lead character drove a jet car. Made a Porsche 911 look like a GN Jap. Then Lotus and BRM raced them a bit. Then there was that Howmett - was it? Huey-engined I think. There's an onboard video on YouTube somewhere...
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2022, 05:42:54 PM »

Here it is. Totally different sort of power and flow.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2022, 05:43:37 PM »
I apologise for being on topic  :rofl
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2022, 05:48:11 PM »
I apologise for being on topic  :rofl

:aok :D

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2022, 06:02:14 PM »
One of the biggest disappointments in modern life is that we never got jet cars and saw a similar revolution on the road as we did with aircraft. There was a whacky Sci-Fi series in the UK in the 70s where a lead character drove a jet car. Made a Porsche 911 look like a GN Jap. Then Lotus and BRM raced them a bit. Then there was that Howmett - was it? Huey-engined I think. There's an onboard video on YouTube somewhere...

like this?

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2022, 06:24:44 PM »
 :aok Very clever recuperator design. Criminal to destroy most of the prototypes.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-