Author Topic: 75th Anniversary of the Sabre!  (Read 1884 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: 75th Anniversary of the Sabre!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2022, 11:38:34 AM »
Dad's first squadron.

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice!

Upon some research it appears the Canadian f86 did have 20mm on the last series,although they were exported for others to use. The Aussie’s went a step further and armed theirs with 2x 30mm cannon.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2022, 12:51:58 PM »

Nice!

Upon some research it appears the Canadian f86 did have 20mm on the last series,although they were exported for others to use. The Aussie’s went a step further and armed theirs with 2x 30mm cannon.

In the Sabre bible mention in a previous post, there is no mention of 20mm installed in CL13s.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2022, 02:11:02 PM »
Maybe I miss read but the Mark 5 or H model at least used them,was issue with gun gas but was resolved with something called a y clip in the engine intake. At first they tried to close, wire shut the gun gas doors.

If you look at the CAC Sabres you’ll see only 2 gun ports,one on each side with a 30mm in each.

Offline drgondog

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2023, 12:57:03 PM »
Damn shame. After a lifetime in aviation, I would pay to see an F-86 fly. I would not cross the street to see a "former" airplane on display.

You should search for local USAF heritage flights. F-86 from Planes of Fame have been to every one I attended at DM since 2005.
Nicholas Boileau "Honor is like an island, rugged and without shores; once we have left it, we can never return"

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2023, 06:27:48 AM »
I fly the Sabre in DCS. Very fun aircraft to cartoon fly and really easy to start.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys