Author Topic: 30 Minute Video of SUX  (Read 379 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
30 Minute Video of SUX
« on: October 07, 2022, 09:17:42 PM »
I ran across this on YouTube.  As a former Sioux Cityan, this video truly showcases how great the Midwest can be.  Most of the streets you see as the camera films while driving, I have been there myself. 

I've been gone 10 years and it just feels like you never left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlP_PM-Zy9A

Airport code is SUX for Sioux Gateway Airport.  You can buy merchandise with FLY SUX.  I remember one time at the local FBO.  One of the workers came in and said the pilot of a private jet wanted to purchase a shirt and they made it happen with the worker running back out to the jet carrying the shirt.

Growing up in Sioux City, we kids had to deal with the August heat and sometimes downwind of the Stockyards.  One of the worst smells plus when the city opened the sewer vents for a double gag.  Hence the nickname Sewer City.

July16th 1989 was the crash of United flight 232.  A DC-10 that lost hydraulic power.  I was a teenager at the public swimming pool that day.  Over 30 minutes of sirens and we didn't know the situation.  Pre-cell phone, pre-wifi, [re-internet.

It's a good video.  I hope you enjoy. 
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?