Author Topic: WTF Why not check in. Hiya!  (Read 647 times)

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
WTF Why not check in. Hiya!
« on: October 16, 2022, 12:05:35 AM »
It's been like 18+ years since playing, maybe more. Slapshot the spitfire king, NathBDP, Birdo and the infamous video Morpheus made WOOO HOOO. Morph, you doing OK? Last time I met you all was the Indianapolis convention in I think 2004. AHGod was there, and a ton of others. I just spent a few hours reviewing old vids, and remembering good times. Fester, how've you been? Joining the AOM was a  treat back then. All the equipment is in the garage. I still have the CH stick, rudder pedals, and the throttle. I get fuzzy on some of the old names, but ripsnort, Fubked, slapshot. nilsen, silat, boxboy, batfink, swoop, 999000, widewing, and some other names ring a bell.

Though I'd say hello. Life has moved, and I'm doing good, I hope you are all as well.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
Re: WTF Why not check in. Hiya!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 01:40:48 AM »
 :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 05:33:30 AM »
I remember you and all those other names.  Glad to see you are doing well!

:rock

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2022, 06:40:52 AM »
Welcome back for your 18 year visitation plan. LOL
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2022, 07:35:43 AM »
Thanks for popping in...some of us have never left

The biggest gameplay change is VR in AH

HT has implemented fantastically in AH ..superior to DCS and IL2 imo

Give it a go if you want a very unique experience

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2022, 10:23:57 AM »
Howdy. I'm still here, on the forum anyhow, I haven't played the game in a long time.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 11:11:05 AM »
Good to hear from you again.  Dust off those controllers, we know you miss us.

- oldman

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2022, 08:58:13 AM »
We had a similar thread in the general forum.

I started playing airwarrior when it was on aol. Even though I had Cox Cable internet already, I purchased a phone line and paid for AOL just so that I could play Air warrior. My cpid was caper in AW.

I remember hearing about an Air warrior player who was working on a new world war II fighter game. I remember thinking, yeah right who's going to make a game like this? This was at a period where Air warriors was dying  because they were sold off. The writing was on the wall, as I remember.

I started playing aces high around 2001. I think I was initially caper again but then I changed my name to Nuke. When I joined the widowmakers my name changed to ->SUN.

After the widowmakers broke up I renamed myself back to nuke!

Never was very good. Always enjoy the game and mostly the people..

Air warrior had an incredible community. Even the chat when you were in the tower in that game was awesome. Just a lot of people played that due to the exposure on AOL I guess. I think AOL was probably the height of it when the most people were playing it.

But I played aces high for many years and then off and on recently. I'm not sure how many years total but it's a lot.

I'm very glad that Dale and this game are still around. Even though it's not as populated as it used to be, it's still the only game like it that is around in my opinion. It's a great game, but I think I get just as much enjoyment out of the people in the game.

Mustaine, I remember you. I remember your name and I remember you on the forums but I never really interacted with you that I can remember.

There are lots of people I know due to this game. Hundreds.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 09:34:35 AM by -gg- »
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2022, 04:45:06 PM »
JB73??

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2022, 05:04:36 AM »
That's what I was thinking