Author Topic: Pitbulls  (Read 1970 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Pitbulls
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2022, 05:17:08 PM »
Media propaganda is much stronger today.

Propaganda only works on the weak and irrational. Samuel Adams used propaganda as did Harriet Beecher Stowe. Not about how strong the propaganda is, but how weak the audience is. That weakness has not changed, nor has the strength. What has changed is just how much and how quickly that propaganda can spread.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2022, 05:17:42 PM »
Why would anyone own a dog where theres even a 1% chance of randomly attacking grandkids?

It is for their mucho macho.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2022, 05:20:28 PM »
Propaganda only works on the weak and irrational. Samuel Adams used propaganda as did Harriet Beecher Stowe. Not about how strong the propaganda is, but how weak the audience is. That weakness has not changed, nor has the strength. What has changed is just how much and how quickly that propaganda can spread.

One just has to listen to the comments by the un-educated.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2022, 06:07:39 PM »
Why would anyone own a dog where theres even a 1% chance of randomly attacking grandkids?

Do you make a distinction between a get away from me/stop what you’re doing bite(s) and attacking?

I have been bit numerous times, by dachshund, schnauzer, Labradors, vizsla, King Charles and probably a couple others, but in general I have no fear of any of those breeds.

I’ve never been bit by a pitbull because I stay away from them; the only breed I do that with.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2022, 07:24:46 PM »
One just has to listen to the comments by the un-educated.

Trust me, we have been.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2022, 08:24:48 PM »
Bottom line is that dogs in multiples can get in a frenzy off eachother. Dogs known under the name "Pit Bulls" have a very strong biting force of up to 2000 lbs.

When we check on cattle, if we see one dog, no problem. If we see more than one dog, we shoot them. A dog is no problem for a cow..... multiple dogs can bring one down.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2022, 09:35:29 PM »
They have a bad rap against them for sure.
My mom has two. They are the most loving kindest dogs you will ever see.
She has owned them since they were puppies and now they are ten years old.
They follow you around and do not run off if you leave the gate open. They love to hang out if you work n the yard.

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2022, 10:20:16 PM »
they have a bad rap for a reason. They are loving and highly intelligent. Any dog can bite and potentially attack. The difference with pitbulls is that when they attack they will not stop. And they are powerful. It's bread into them to have a fighting instinct, but it was bread into them to be aggressive toward other animals. Who knows how many badly bred pit muts are out there.

You always hear about how loving and sweet the pitbull was - until it killed the kids and mom, or countless other incidents involving them.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2022, 10:20:36 PM »
nothing in this life is 99% safe except doing nothing possibly! The only dog I ever paid money for was my pit. I went with my brother-in-law to look at him and he came out and started chewing on my cuff. I would have paid twice what the guy asked. He was a great dog obedient and good with my family. All you had to do was point your finger and say get em and that was all he needed to. know. Sadly, he was stolen, and I believed whoever took him fought him. This is not a joke he came back on Father's Day spent the weekend and left. He was all scarred up
AkCaine

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2022, 10:32:01 PM »
Most decisions made in life do not utilize math or science techniques.  There are too many unknowns.  So people often use judgement to make decisions.

Tools of propaganda and persuasion work along the lines of human nature and judgement.

Even scientists who specialize in the field of propaganda/persuasion are susceptible to its techniques.  At least according to Robert Cialdini, a renowned expert in the field of persuasion.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2022, 10:36:59 PM »
The last dog that bit me was over 55 years ago and it was a damn Chihuahua. Hard to walk out of the room and be macho with your date when a damn Chihuahua took a bite out of your leg
AkCaine

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2022, 10:58:33 PM »
My friends chihuahua has bitten my leg several times. I finally learned to always take treats with me when I go there. Now the dog stares at me until I take out a treat.  :D

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2022, 11:04:03 PM »
yeah, it's really not that pit bulls have aggressive temperaments. Plenty of breeds have really bad temperaments and are skittish and bite, like chihuahuas. If a chihuahua was as powerful as a pit bull, you'd probably see them close to the top of the list.

It's just that pit bulls are so powerful and SO determined. Once they go off they do major damage and just don't stop.

I like pit bulls, in general. Very smart and affectionate dogs.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2022, 11:22:18 PM »
Chihuahuas aint dogs. My wife had two when we met. Only type of dog she’d ever had before we had the PB puppy dumped on us. Now she understands why I used to say to her that chihuahuas aren’t dogs.  Virtually impossible to house train. Especially when there is more than one. Barked all the time at everything. Barked at all of us in the house every time someone went from one room to another. Barked every time the bug zapper in the yard snapped even though it had been there for years. Even tried a shock collar that would trigger when she barked on the worst offender, I think she wore it out. If they ever got out of the house they would just take off and they were too dumb to find there own house. We’d have to go search for them or a couple days later we’d get a “is this your dog?” message. They were dumber than cats.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2022, 11:38:14 PM »
We have a border collie and a poodle collie cross. Smart, affectionate, and we can trust them alone with little kids despite what little ratbags the kids can be.