Author Topic: Triple Screen Question  (Read 919 times)

Offline Comedian

• Zinc Member
Triple Screen Question
« on: October 24, 2022, 12:45:52 PM »
When I first started playing this game, having three screens would have been a dream come true. I was playing on a 14" monitor!!!

Anyway, I finally hobbled together three screens. I have two 32-inch JVS TVs on each end and a 32-inch Hisense in the middle. I used shims and GeForce (I stretch the screen to 5760x1080 using Gforce Experience) bezel adjustments to get everything lined up as best as possible.

My problem is this: some sort of fisheye or slight magnification to the images on the side monitors. Everything lines up, but yet there is a magnification of some sort going on.

DCS has a complicated way of dealing with this using different camera views directed to different screens and I think MSFS 2020 does something similar.

Do you guys know of any way I could improve the accuracy of the images on the side screens? I know moving the head position forward seems to help, but that can kind of eliminate the purpose of the multiple setups...more peripheral vision and SA.

Don't get me wrong, this is way way way better than one monitor, even with the slight distortion, but I would like to know if there is any third-party app or anything that would allow a more realistic depiction of the views on the side screens.

thx
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 12:47:56 PM by Comedian »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Triple Screen Question
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 01:04:40 PM »
I guess it's just a question of adjusting your Field Of View (FOV). Too wide a FOV does that even on a single screen.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 01:55:06 PM »
I have triple monitors with an AMD card. I still get a slight fisheye affect with the side monitors. I wish it was better, but I can live with it for the extra vision it provides.  :old:
AkCaine

Offline Comedian

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 02:03:51 PM »
yeah Caine, I have to agree, even with the distortion it is far superior to a single screen. I too will cope. This is still the most fun I can have in ww2, even if I suck. The alternatives just don't suit me and to be honest, I get a kick out of reading 200, which is darned near worth the 14.95 right there. <S>

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 02:08:46 PM »
When I used triple screens years ago the two side monitors stretched the image a bit but it was better than 1 screen imo..

Trackir was an upgrade for me from 3 screens..

VR was the upgrade from Trackir..

VR blows away everything else imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Comedian

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 03:20:05 PM »
When I used triple screens years ago the two side monitors stretched the image a bit but it was better than 1 screen imo..

Trackir was an upgrade for me from 3 screens..

VR was the upgrade from Trackir..

Eagler

At the rate that I adapt to new technologies, I will be long gone before VR comes into my life. <S>

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2022, 03:47:00 PM »
That is a real loss as if you truly love ww2 a2a vr is the best experience for it these days

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2022, 03:49:20 PM »
At the rate that I adapt to new technologies, I will be long gone before VR comes into my life. <S>

$400 for a Quest 2, and a half hour to hour to setup and you wont believe your eyes!

Offline Comedian

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2022, 10:08:02 PM »
$400 for a Quest 2, and a half hour to hour to setup and you wont believe your eyes!

I don't think my geforce 1650 super can handle it. Since I have 9 grand babies I doubt I will afford anything for a while. Thanks for the info guys.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2022, 10:17:30 PM »
The side monitors appear distorted with the 150 FOV because we don't normally notice how perspective appears in our peripheral vision.

Offline Comedian

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2022, 01:34:04 PM »
I have come to enjoy the slight magnification that is provided. It can be useful.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2022, 10:19:36 AM »

Eagler

Couldn’t agree more.  Nothing is any closer to flying the real thing.  But, there is a cost. 💵💵💵💵💵💵

TrackIR is a closer, less expensive alternative.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2022, 02:23:09 PM »
I don't think my geforce 1650 super can handle it. Since I have 9 grand babies I doubt I will afford anything for a while. Thanks for the info guys.

Hopefully with the release of Nvidia's 4000 series, the prices of a decent card will come way down soon.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2022, 09:21:40 PM »

It's going to handle VR better than 3 screens. AH3 is not that demanding.