Author Topic: (Ratbstrd) 21 years and thousands of dollars in monthly subs I got pushed out :(  (Read 3517 times)

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
To me it's crazy that some of you guys thing a 2 hour mute where you can't even do a check 6 on your countrymen is ok is amazing.

I mean personally, sometimes if I'm having a rough day I'll just mute my radio and pedal to the metal for dogfights. If you and your kids would like to duel me in the Match Play arena I'm more than willing to do so, that's what I play Aces High for, the hard duels.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
You will have way more fun in DCS. Especially if you like Helicopters.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
More should do what I do most of the time....pop in a good music cd, crank it up and use your check 6 button and <S> keys exclusively for comms.

I don't hear much else that way...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Thanks brother. I really don't get the feeling that Hitech gives a shid about it lol.

You really won’t know that until you call him.  Make the call.  If HiTech doesn’t know about the problem, he can’t fix it.   :salute

For sure, it ain’t gonna get fixed in the forum.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 10:02:10 AM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Most of you know that I've flow under the callsigns: HazMatt, Ratbstrd and Yardude.

I love this game and I love you people. Even Vraciu and Shane. I'm gonna miss you guys.

I commented that the mods would be left muting each other and that got me a 120 min mute. I couldn't even type on country channel or transmit to somebody with an enemy on their 6. To me this is a gross use of power. I know Dale doesn't give a sheet as he says any "mods" decisions are unquestionable. It was enough to push me out after over 20 years.

To whoever the "mod" was. Maybe you should think about the long term affects before imposing a 2 hour mute on somebody that said something that "triggered" you.

It has been mentioned it wasn't the what you said as much as it was the clapback to whomever the mod was.  The fact it was 2hrs was somewhat surprising since the same could have been accomplished with a lesser penalty box timeout, imho - unless you were warned more than once in all that. <shrug>

Meh, many have been muted, some even unfairly, but it has always been what it was.  I was vox populi'd for an 8 day chat ban by a bunch of collaborative weaksaucers. I could have called HT and probably got it lifted, but considering the state of game support these days, it would have been more of a hassle to HT and myself than it would have been worth - same reason why I haven't bothered trying to reclaim "Shane."

"You can check out, but you can never leave."

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
Maybe they were having a bad day.  Hope you change your mind.  We do enjoy when you fly with us during FSO.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Let it go bro.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
Want it fixed?  No anon mods.

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
I suspect the "mods" will continue to run off people until this game goes the way of warbirds.

Popped by the forum to see how things are.  Not surprised in the least by this, obviously saddened. 

I would add that the support staff are unable to take any criticism of AH, even when players are just giving a point of view and or are trying to help.

It's one of the factors that pushed me away, and no doubt countless others.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
In my 20+ years, i have never had a run in with them.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Could be the mods experience the 80/20 rule, meaning they spend 80% of their time dealing with the 20% who continually press boundaries.  Those blaming the mods for their own behavior is a lame excuse for not getting their way.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Could be the mods experience the 80/20 rule, meaning they spend 80% of their time dealing with the 20% who continually press boundaries.  Those blaming the mods for their own behavior is a lame excuse for not getting their way.

Well said!  I have never been muted but I have had to mute a few players in the TA. I don’t like to resort to that but when 1 player is ruining the fun of others and won’t listen to the PM I usually send first then that player leaves no choice, I’m sure the mods feel the same way and don’t use the PM route as that would open them to all sorts of abuse.

<S>

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
There was a time when recovering from a PNG was a badge of honour. Move on, play games you enjoy, don't play games you don't enjoy
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Want it fixed?  No anon mods.

Agreed - either no moderation or open moderation. 

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
 :rolleyes: