Author Topic: (Ratbstrd) 21 years and thousands of dollars in monthly subs I got pushed out :(  (Read 3516 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Most of you know that I've flow under the callsigns: HazMatt, Ratbstrd and Yardude.

I love this game and I love you people. Even Vraciu and Shane. I'm gonna miss you guys.

Tonight on 11/6 at about 1840 CST there was a discussion about the future of the game. A "mod" had just warned me about non-game topics. As if non-game discussions never happen on 200. After that the comments moved on to the future of the game. I commented that the mods would be left muting each other and that got me a 120 min mute. I couldn't even type on country channel or transmit to somebody with an enemy on their 6. To me this is a gross use of power. I know Dale doesn't give a sheet as he says any "mods" decisions are unquestionable. It was enough to push me out after over 20 years.

I am really upset about this because my kids are now getting old enough that they can shoot down drones offline and I was going to buy them accounts so we could play together. However this "mod" overstepped his bounds in my opinion to the point that I will never play this game together with my kids I'm sad to say. I know a bunch of you will defend the "mods' no matter what they do. It is however something to think about that this 120 min mute lost me, (who paid thousands of dollars to play this game of the years) and my kids who will never play this game together with me online.

I wish you all the best in the future and I have enjoyed the time I have spent here. I'm guessing my future might be DCS or WW2online or something else. I'm not sure yet and I have until Dec 1 until my sub runs out so I will be around for a bit.

I suspect the "mods" will continue to run off people until this game goes the way of warbirds.

To whoever the "mod" was. Maybe you should think about the long term affects before imposing a 2 hour mute on somebody that said something that "triggered" you.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Would sure hate to see  you go my friend! Call Hitech, let him know what happened.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Moderation of 200 without full and complete follow through throughout the week is quite frankly disrespectful to this community. What about all the times individuals are disrespected and nothing happens? Then when something childish like this happens a 2 hrs ban? Ridiculous you can't power grab for that window your on.... it costs you players
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Would sure hate to see  you go my friend! Call Hitech, let him know what happened.  :salute

Thanks brother. I really don't get the feeling that Hitech gives a shid about it lol.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Moderation of 200 without full and complete follow through throughout the week is quite frankly disrespectful to this community. What about all the times individuals are disrespected and nothing happens? Then when something childish like this happens a 2 hrs ban? Ridiculous you can't power grab for that window your on.... it costs you players

I agree. It was a straw too much for me.

Offline Comedian

• Zinc Member
Just cool down and rethink everything and then come back to the game. It is fun and you know a lot of people here. Just be more mindful of stuff and let it go.

Offline Eviscerate

• Copper Member
I commented that the mods would be left muting each other and that got me a 120 min mute.

I know Dale doesn't give a sheet as he says any "mods" decisions are unquestionable.

It sounds like you knew what the consequences would be and decided to F around and find out anyway. I wouldn't think about it as the mods 'overstepping' but the mods trying to curb what is an inevitable harmful subject for the game and HTC from happening.

I think throwing away 20 years of fun for 2 hours is illogical, but that's just me.

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
I'll always know you as Ratbstrd. I feel ya on this, I've had problems with mods, although not here, since I avoid CH 200 entirely. Hate to see ya go, guess I wouldn't be able to change your mind either way, but it's been an absolute blast flying alongside and against you. <S>  :salute
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Just cool down and rethink everything and then come back to the game. It is fun and you know a lot of people here. Just be more mindful of stuff and let it go.

Good advice.  It was a two hour mute.  That's a very small part of your history here.

- oldman

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member

I love this game and I love you people. Even Vraciu and Shane. I'm gonna miss you guys.

See you when you get back.   :cheers:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Mods have no sense of humor.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Number one rule is to NOT TO CONFRONT the MODs. (https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,374962.msg4994667.html#msg4994667). it has always been that way. Your comment about "I commented that the mods would be left muting each other and that got me a 120 min mute." could be taken that way.

Throwing away the fun you have had, and the fun you were looking forward to with your kids over a 2 hour mute is foolish, but hey, its your decision.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
To me it's crazy that some of you guys thing a 2 hour mute where you can't even do a check 6 on your countrymen is ok is amazing.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Bah, don't let one guy with a mute button spoil your fun of something you've enjoyed for many years.

Why let him have that sort of power over you?

Choose not to care about his button, and get back to having fun.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
I'm very rarely in 200 because of its sewerish contents. Insults flying freely back and worth without any consequences. In that light, it's clear a mod took peas in nostrils and considered your sentence as a personal attack. What is ridiculous, especially compared what many individual pilots are receiving in 200 and taking in the account no names were mentioned.

Probably this opinion is already worth of warning, ban or something else.
The Mad   CatMan!