Author Topic: Latest example why mercenaries should be denied CV privileges  (Read 1288 times)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Re: Latest example why mercenaries should be denied CV privileges
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2022, 03:45:10 AM »

. Rooks, especially, at night fly in a pack and pick.

This is all three countries literally
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2022, 11:53:25 AM »
I died the other night because I got excited. I saw a tree that I hit in my 38 about two weeks ago. I got excited and in trying to turn to get a better look, I accidently bailed. Not wanting to waste a good bail, I tried to land on the tree with my knife out and gut the dang thing. I missed the tree.... but not the ground.

Dagnamit.............
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2022, 02:16:16 PM »
Feet dry spawn abusers deserve all the bad things in life to happen to them, including killed in game.
no different than flying off map! better than using shades, Those are issues that needs to be fixed by the game owner.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2022, 02:34:44 PM »
Still not sure how CV ownership is relevant to your rant. Or even "Feet dry spawning"  - whatever that is.

seems to me you're just pissed he wanted to fight and would blindly follow you into a stealth base take.

If your strategy involves avoiding combat, then the problem is you.
Feet dry spawn? Are you that new and still had to be a d!ck with that last comment? FYI
When numbers are low, you do what you can. The cv sitting quietly offshore doing its work unsuspecting is a valid "tactic" and critical when you only have two or three people. It is not a strategic objective, as opposed to strat running and/or consecutive base takes against one side for the win etc.

This tactic "to take a base" is used by first, deacking the base wiht ship guns, drop the veh hanger then run an lvt, an aircraft launches (revealing the cv) only after veh hanger is down, and to protect the lvt from incoming a/c or veh from the remote spawn. Not sure what happened here but I think the seasoned player upped before veh hanger was dropped, alarmed the enemy to cv proximity (by taking off) base alert, red guys reacted.They rolled out of the "still up" veh hanger and the  "seasoned player  bomb tarded them and maybe killed one or two incoming red guys, either a/c or veh. from remote spawn. He probably landed 5 or 6 kills, looked great in lights but as a result, all of the patient work that OP did was ruined. Sorry for the long reply but is was obvious by your "combat" comment you needed it spelled out.

and good strategy avoids combat, "art of war" but then you are probably part of the ho and ram gang and consider that combat lol
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2022, 03:44:40 PM »
Feet dry spawn abusers deserve all the bad things in life to happen to them, including killed in game.

what is a feet dry spawn?
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2022, 03:49:37 PM »
Feet dry spawn? Are you that new and still had to be a d!ck with that last comment? FYI
When numbers are low, you do what you can. The cv sitting quietly offshore doing its work unsuspecting is a valid "tactic" and critical when you only have two or three people. It is not a strategic objective, as opposed to strat running and/or consecutive base takes against one side for the win etc.

This tactic "to take a base" is used by first, deacking the base wiht ship guns, drop the veh hanger then run an lvt, an aircraft launches (revealing the cv) only after veh hanger is down, and to protect the lvt from incoming a/c or veh from the remote spawn. Not sure what happened here but I think the seasoned player upped before veh hanger was dropped, alarmed the enemy to cv proximity (by taking off) base alert, red guys reacted.They rolled out of the "still up" veh hanger and the  "seasoned player  bomb tarded them and maybe killed one or two incoming red guys, either a/c or veh. from remote spawn. He probably landed 5 or 6 kills, looked great in lights but as a result, all of the patient work that OP did was ruined. Sorry for the long reply but is was obvious by your "combat" comment you needed it spelled out.

and good strategy avoids combat, "art of war" but then you are probably part of the ho and ram gang and consider that combat lol

No, I'm not new at all. In fact, I've seen people trying to use CV's to stealth take bases when the "dead time" numbers were higher then "prime time" numbers are today. So it's just as cowardly a strategy then as it is today.

Guess I can add you to the "All glory, no guts" group.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2022, 04:46:23 PM »
Air battles are 10000 times more fun than sitting on guns and clicking.

Only if your good at it. If not its just a frustrating waste of time

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2022, 04:52:56 PM »
Only if your good at it. If not its just a frustrating waste of time

I'd rather learn a thing or two than rot my brain on an 88 or a 37. Even if that thing I learn is my place.

I'd hardly say I'm good at dogfighting but I still get some high K/D ratios on some planes and my name in lights sometimes.

I don't know what y'all came to this game for, but I came for dogfighting, not turning a base green without anyone shooting at you.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2022, 06:51:57 PM »
Teleportation in WW2 is a bit far fetched  :old:

USS Eldridge

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2022, 07:46:52 PM »
This is all three countries literally

Probably is during hours that I’m not playing. I don’t see you in the MA ~11pm EST/9pm PST and from then on for a few hours, unless you fly under a different handle now.

Trust me there are so few players in there at those times now it’s very easy to keep track of who does what…VERY
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2022, 07:43:45 AM »
The games most blaring issue, that it is no longer supported. It is stagnant. Nothing new from the company. That just magnifies any other complaints. It is painfully obvious that this game, once great, has run its course. We are along for the ride. A few good folks are working hard on new terrains, everything else will most likely stay the same.

As for eny, there has still been nothing suggested to better even numbers. People will be people and some will try to undermine your best attempts to even up. The excuses are endless.

In the end..... just enjoy the GAME. It is a game after all. Have fun in it, don't be so serious.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 07:58:26 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2022, 07:56:37 AM »
Just hoping it stays open through 2023..

That is my Christmas wish here

Once it goes dark these petty complaints will seem just that

Merry Christmas

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2022, 11:56:13 AM »
REal Life “FORCED” me out of AH3 years ago  :bhead  :airplane: and the most cherished moments  :cheers: came from unscripted exchanges with other team players as well as opponents  :salute

I too was frustrated  :furious by how others played the game  :ahand in other words, lost my chill.  It is quite sobering to log into the forums and hear of transitions of some of my greatest compatriots onto Glory well above AH3 skies.

I suggest that everyone should live their AH3 life as if there were no AH4