Author Topic: Restting maps with less that 10 players online  (Read 2763 times)

Offline capera

• Copper Member
Restting maps with less that 10 players online
« on: November 12, 2022, 06:59:30 AM »
I wonder if there is any possibility that Hitech could set the maps so that they cannot be reset with less than, for example, 10 players? Or...when a country has too few (1-2) players?

Seems the Tropical Thunder Squadron (Knit) love to form up at 0500EST and reset the map, as there is usually not enough players to stop them. No idea what sense of accomplishment it gives them to reset a map with essentially no opposition. Watching grass grow would be more entertaining. All I do know is...we lose some real good maps by them doing this, when there is nobody online. I suggested that they go do it in the TA, as is would be even easier. ;)

Logged in today after they reset it, and a few players...T24, myself...were bummed out that we are now faced with pizza map and then Buzzsaw for the weekend.

Thanks TechWrek and your Tropical Thunder crew for yet another zero dark thirty reset. And....then to add insult to injury, they all log off for the day after they reset it.  :headscratch:  Guess they do not like having 'true' opposition/competition, when taking bases or resetting maps.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
Re: Restting maps with less that 10 players online
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 07:31:38 AM »
What is it harming for the map to be reset before everyone gets on?  I for one like to play on a fresh map.  A squad that plays at a certain time should not be restrained from playing the game just because the game is dead.  I've stopped them several times by myself, and would have a much better time if just one person would help, usually that person is you, refusing to defend against them just so you can claim they are attacking undefended bases.  If there is an arbitrary number imposed that halts base captures, I and others wont bother staying online since the purpose of the game is taken away.  It will just end up a few people going to Dueling Arena and then hopefully when 10 people show up they all decide to migrate back to the Main Arena....
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 07:45:26 AM »
What is it harming for the map to be reset before everyone gets on?

It's pretty self explanatory. Resetting a map with no opposition?? Somehow...that does not seem right. Does it seem right to you, Haggerty? T24 and myself were discussing this today, and he can see and agrees with my POV on this. Think there was even a discussion on these forums, and the majority said it was lame to intentionally reset a map, when you know the enemy cannot possible defend.

There has/was a good battle going on, that last map. Few good days of BATTLE....back n forth all day long. Having it reset, when there was no way of possibly defending against it is weak sauce, imho. No glory in winning a map, when nobody is there to witness it.

Tell Tropical Thunder..... a LOT more rewards winning a map, when it's truly deserved.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 07:50:28 AM »
Don't worry Haggerty, its a request that will never happen. Besides this is more of a "shaming" post than it is a true request as capera knows Hitech would never consider it.

There is nothing wrong with the way the  Tropical Thunder group is playing the game. Many squads like to grab bases and win the map. It is after all one of the main options of play for this game.

No capara is just mad because they wont play the game the way HE wants and so must come here to complain...... err "request" a change.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 07:53:47 AM »
It's pretty self explanatory. Resetting a map with no opposition?? Somehow...that does not seem right. Does it seem right to you, Haggerty? T24 and myself were discussing this today, and he can see and agrees with my POV on this. Think there was even a discussion on these forums, and the majority said it was lame to intentionally reset a map, when you know the enemy cannot possible defend.

There has/was a good battle going on, that last map. Few good days of BATTLE....back n forth all day long. Having it reset, when there was no way of possibly defending against it is weak sauce, imho. No glory in winning a map, when nobody is there to witness it.

Tell Tropical Thunder..... a LOT more rewards winning a map, when it's truly deserved.

Why don't you and T24 just oppose them?  There are only 4 of them and one of them has to be in troops, quite easy to defend when you factor in their flight times and your auto acks/timers.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 07:55:19 AM »
Don't worry Haggerty, its a request that will never happen. Besides this is more of a "shaming" post than it is a true request as capera knows Hitech would never consider it.

There is nothing wrong with the way the  Tropical Thunder group is playing the game. Many squads like to grab bases and win the map. It is after all one of the main options of play for this game.

No capara is just mad because they wont play the game the way HE wants and so must come here to complain...... err "request" a change.

(Image removed from quote.)

Typical from you. If you do not want to have an adult conversation, then go troll somewhere else.

Sad that I would have to make a request of this nature, as it seems we cannot depend on players having some ethics.

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022, 07:57:07 AM »
Why don't you and T24 just oppose them?  There are only 4 of them and one of them has to be in troops, quite easy to defend when you factor in their flight times and your auto acks/timers.

I was not online. You need to read. I said..."Logged in today after they reset it, and a few players..."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2022, 08:01:34 AM »
Typical from you. If you do not want to have an adult conversation, then go troll somewhere else.

Sad that I would have to make a request of this nature, as it seems we cannot depend on players having some ethics.

Ethics????? LOL!!! Its a game, and one of the main routes to play in this game is taking bases and if you take enough you "Win the War". Im sure you have participated in a couple of those runs to push for bases and win the war.

If you dont want them to win the war, then try to stop them..... another option in how to play the game. Crying here about them rolling bases isnt going to stop them.

Talk about an "adult conversation" LOL!!! put on your bigboy pants and go out there and fight them instead of crying here on the boards.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2022, 08:03:00 AM »
how do you know it was them that reset it and it went unopposed?  Sounds like the solution to your problem is to just get rid of the bad maps from the cycle.  And implement an AFK timer to kick tower queens so that auto switchers have a chance to defend the actual lowest team.

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2022, 08:06:04 AM »
Ethics????? LOL!!! Its a game, and one of the main routes to play in this game is taking bases and if you take enough you "Win the War". Im sure you have participated in a couple of those runs to push for bases and win the war.

If you dont want them to win the war, then try to stop them..... another option in how to play the game. Crying here about them rolling bases isnt going to stop them.

Talk about an "adult conversation" LOL!!! put on your bigboy pants and go out there and fight them instead of crying here on the boards.

I guess you are too ignorant to understand. Let be break it down into smaller words for you.......... There was nobody online to defend against them.

But...that info won't stop your spewin, because all you are is a troll on these forums. You have 17002 posts.....you are either a chick or you talk too much.

So Mr. Troll......again....adults talking. You're welcome to join....but you really show your immaturity, when you try to turn this into a flame thread.

Ignoring your future comments, until maturity is displayed on your part.

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2022, 08:11:09 AM »
how do you know it was them that reset it and it went unopposed?  Sounds like the solution to your problem is to just get rid of the bad maps from the cycle.  And implement an AFK timer to kick tower queens so that auto switchers have a chance to defend the actual lowest team.

I have been watching this squad do this for months. No idea what the attraction is.....but the end result is we prematurely lose maps that have been in battle for days. Good battles.

As for your alternate ideas.....they sound great. The end goal here is to have AS realistic of a arena as we can. This squadron would actually have to WORK to reset that last map, prime time. But....they take the easy road, and the road with no possible opposition.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2022, 08:31:22 AM »
I guess you are too ignorant to understand. Let be break it down into smaller words for you.......... There was nobody online to defend against them.

You are wrong, I'm online every day with them and fight them and see the other side defending against them too.  Again, its not their fault that you choose to attack their strats instead of fighting them on the tactical level.  They arent the only ones that play early in the morning, they are just the only side that works towards the goal of winning.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 08:47:17 AM by haggerty »

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2022, 08:57:25 AM »
You are wrong, I'm online every day with them and fight them and see the other side defending against them too.  Again, its not their fault that you choose to attack their strats instead of fighting them on the tactical level.  They arent the only ones that play early in the morning, they are just the only side that works towards the goal of winning.

No... I am not wrong. I do not bother going with 6:1 odds. The other day.....2 Rooks online. Me and Higheye. Higheye was afk in a tower, so essentially me. It is absolutely pointless for me to go up against 6 players. That is when I just go hit the strats, as that is the only viable option considering the situation. Sometimes I try to stop them.....but cannot.

The other day...TechWrek opted to send 2 players to each Rook base, as to give me a chance to defend. Yea....defend one base, as they steal two undefended. Oh...what a deal.

Lets face it Haggerty....does not matter how I explain it, you will disagree. That is because you are allowing the fact that you do not like me, sway your responses to me. Guess you are unable to separate the two.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2022, 09:01:42 AM »
IN :bolt:

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2022, 09:31:51 AM »
No... I am not wrong. I do not bother going with 6:1 odds. The other day.....2 Rooks online. Me and Higheye. Higheye was afk in a tower, so essentially me. It is absolutely pointless for me to go up against 6 players. That is when I just go hit the strats, as that is the only viable option considering the situation. Sometimes I try to stop them.....but cannot.

The other day...TechWrek opted to send 2 players to each Rook base, as to give me a chance to defend. Yea....defend one base, as they steal two undefended. Oh...what a deal.

Lets face it Haggerty....does not matter how I explain it, you will disagree. That is because you are allowing the fact that you do not like me, sway your responses to me. Guess you are unable to separate the two.

I don't dislike you, if I'm on your team I have no problems supporting you in a fight or base take.  I just think you have no voice in the matter when you chose not to defend.  I defend and am successful, if you helped, it would be so much easier for me to do my job. You won't always have the advantage of numbers, thats the beauty of main arena.  If you are outnumbered you can get a Tempest really cheap and destroy all their 20eny options.