Author Topic: Memorial Flight for Ack-Ack P-38 and scheduling  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Memorial Flight for Ack-Ack P-38 and scheduling
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2022, 05:21:16 PM »
Has the day and time been set yet?

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2022, 10:14:48 PM »
479th was 8th AF.  The 479th went back to the Airwarrior days.

The 479th Riddlar Raiders was formed back in Air Warrior after Vet disbanded the 86th Eliminators. Tkor toot over as CO then and all became known as the Raiders from the end of Air Warrior til the Early Days of Aces High. Jose flew that squadron tag for all of his Aces High days and never joined to my knowledge a new squad. So that tag was his pride n joy
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2022, 03:41:12 PM »
Has the day and time been set yet?

Hey Brooke,  I  was hoping more players would have posted their preferences as Flossy did in the following quote:
15:00 Eastern time has long been proven to be the best time for any event to get maximum participation from around the world.  That would be my preference.  :)

I know that we had discussed of possibility of having it on the upcoming Sunday November 20th, 2022 (no established time set yet)

My apologies for my absence,  ... Shuffler and SAPP  and P38 aficionados hope in here and take what oboe has described as a mock-up and run with it...

If not this weekend (Sunday then most definitely the weekend after Thanksgiving (Sunday)

Opinions/ thoughts/ views/ advice  ????
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2022, 04:12:21 PM »
My suggestions:

I would say have it on a Friday night (say 8 pm Eastern or later), or a Sat any time after, say, 3 pm Eastern.  Those are generally near the time of FSO's and Scenarios that are calculated to fit the most player schedules.

I would probably (given we are close to weekend already) not pick to have tomorrow or this weekend.

I would pick a time and choose a week from now, giving people time to know for sure the day and time and be able to make time for it in advance.

If people haven't given feedback, assume they don't have a strong feeling on it.  Pick from among the above choices, and it will tend to be a decent choice.

I can set up the arena for you to be the terrain you want, can include clouds or not as you see fit, and set time of day for a sunrise, sunset, noon, or whatever you want.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2022, 12:35:42 AM »
How did it go?  Was ACK-ACK given an appropriate Send-off?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2022, 08:59:25 AM »
How did it go?  Was ACK-ACK given an appropriate Send-off?
I've been waiting for any details but not seen anything yet.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun