Author Topic: Zoom Question  (Read 2358 times)

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
Zoom Question
« on: November 22, 2022, 06:02:13 PM »
Is it normal once you engage the Zoom key and go to firing or getting ready to fire that it jumps out of zoom? 

Online SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: Zoom Question
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 06:44:41 PM »
Not normal. Not even sure what you would have going on that would cause it to do that.

:salute
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 07:22:08 PM »
I would check your key mappings to make sure you don't have a key that is double-mapped.

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 10:44:07 PM »
I would check your key mappings to make sure you don't have a key that is double-mapped.
Keyboard Z and Joystick has one mapped.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 11:09:40 PM »

Which do you prefer to use?   Seems to be that you have been using the keyboard and accidentally turning it on/ off on the joystick

When you say keyboard you typed a capital Z (reading that as Shift z)...is that what you meant?
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 07:18:55 AM »
I use zoom to view but not when firing...usually close enough then it's not needed

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 07:44:12 AM »

Try unmapping the joystick to isolate the issue. If that works try mapping a different joystick button.

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2022, 11:38:10 AM »
Which do you prefer to use?   Seems to be that you have been using the keyboard and accidentally turning it on/ off on the joystick

When you say keyboard you typed a capital Z (reading that as Shift z)...is that what you meant?
No it was just a 'z' on my Keys Mapping.

I use a button on Stick to enable it.  Must i remove the Keyboard mapping of z?

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2022, 12:06:48 PM »
No it was just a 'z' on my Keys Mapping.

I use a button on Stick to enable it.  Must i remove the Keyboard mapping of z?

You should be OK with it mapped to a single key and also to a button on the controller.

One other thing that trips me up occasionally - when Zoom is enabled, you can use the "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out" functions.  Not sure what keys these are; I have them mapped to one of the Fwd/Back hat switches on my joystick.   Anyway, if you Zoom Out all the way while Zoom is enabled, the view looks exactly the same as the the normal view - so if you switch back and forth between Zoom enabled or disabled, your view doesn't change.  This can be confusing.   

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2022, 04:20:39 PM »
I have two CH sticks and one Thrustmaster t-flght. My CH worked well on AH but Win 10 update ruined the CH products and I remember Zoom worked fine way back. I've done many changes to try to get my CH sticks to work and nothing changed.  I hear some sources say CH has no plans to update the software and has no future plans in the market. The main engineer retired and this really blows. Unless some programmer creates a fix on his own and shares it CH products are junk.  Very disappointing..  Leave it to Microsoft to ruin things

Looking at newer hotas they don't seem to be that good expect the Warthog which is way to costly for me                                                                                           Thanks for the help

Online SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2022, 05:58:08 PM »
You can use the CH gear, without using the CH software. Works just fine.

AH actually does a real good job handling the control, and button assignments. I have a CH fighter stick that I use on my non gaming pc running win10.

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2022, 06:07:23 PM »
You can use the CH gear, without using the CH software. Works just fine.

AH actually does a real good job handling the control, and button assignments. I have a CH fighter stick that I use on my non gaming pc running win10.

My CH Fighterstick isn't showing up in USB Game options and therefore wont show in the Game, Let me uninstall/install and try again.

What Stick do you to play AH?

Online SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2022, 06:22:31 PM »
I use a Virpil Mongoos on my flying rig.

If your stick isn't showing up in devices then it's more likely a problem with the stick or the usb port. You might try a different port and see if windows sees it. If you mean that AH isn't seeing it try starting AH with the stick already plugged in then go into map controllers, and see if you see it there.

My CH stick sits in a desk drawer and when I need to use it I just plug it into one of the front usb ports and AH even remembers the settings.

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2022, 08:08:48 PM »
I use a Virpil Mongoos on my flying rig.

If your stick isn't showing up in devices then it's more likely a problem with the stick or the usb port. You might try a different port and see if windows sees it. If you mean that AH isn't seeing it try starting AH with the stick already plugged in then go into map controllers, and see if you see it there.

My CH stick sits in a desk drawer and when I need to use it I just plug it into one of the front usb ports and AH even remembers the settings.

I never heard of a Virpil Mongoos
Any ways I have tried my sticks in two Usb ports
This is frustrating. My son has a X52 Logitec. Seems poor quality but many buttons.
I was looking at getting a new Stick and yet there are 4 here to use. 2 CH, a logitec and a Thrustmaster.

I have analog CH pedal that works
Usb CH isn't working. 3 ports and my CH Fs does not show up
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 08:25:45 PM by GenMata »

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2022, 10:01:22 PM »
Are you able to try the CH flight stick on your son's computer?  Or a laptop ort something?  Just to rule out a problem with the CH stick?