Author Topic: Thrustmaster T-16000 help  (Read 545 times)

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
Thrustmaster T-16000 help
« on: December 06, 2022, 08:42:42 PM »
I just got a new Thrustmaster  T-16000 with throttle.
Set it up including drivers and configuration program. Works fine in Win10 USB game setup.  When  it comes to moving it feels like a the bakes are on. RPM was at 30 i had rpm's set to full and throttle is at full. Still just barely creeping on the runway. Any suggestion?

I did as suggested on their website, unplugged Usb turned off PC , plugged back in and restarted PC and AH and I have the same issue.  The T-16000 like a good choice but I can get off the ground.

Does anyone with the T16000 have a "Tm Target" saved file that could share for a good setup? That would be much appreciated.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Thrustmaster T-16000 help
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 09:11:10 PM »
Id remove the "TM Target" setup, start the game, calibrate the controls and without programming anything put it on the runway and see what you have. I think they have a default TM setup in the game so if the controls are good it should work strait out of the box.

The AH controller setup is very good and easy to work with. What do you need the TM software to do that the AH setup cant?

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 09:50:32 PM »
I tried it from the start without those programs.
Nothing changed. I installed the Target Program and didn't set it up.

This should have worked as it is. I just can't imagine what is holding my plane back.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 09:52:54 PM by GenMata »

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 09:53:49 PM »
What Fugi said.

Also that happened to me when I had the slider on the stick set to brakes but also the space bar on the keyboard. I guess two brake options had applied the brakes.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 10:24:02 PM »
I think i may have set brakes. So many buttons on the T16000

I do set a dive brake bu that shouldn't be the problem.

It does feel like the brakes are on.
Going to check

thanks for the help guys

<S>

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 01:40:43 AM »
I don't know if they've changed it or not but at some point you had to pull the throttle all the way down and then back up, otherwise the engine would stay idle. Hey, that's what you do in real life too, don't you? You don't start any vehicle full throttle!

Another issue I remember having was that I had the RPM on the slider but that affected WEP only in case the slider had slid down a bit.

Speaking of the slider on the stick, I don't know if it's possible to have throttle assigned both to the slider and to the throttle.

And finally, double check that there's nothing assigned to your least used controller, the mouse!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2022, 04:51:50 AM »
I recently came back and the brakes where bound to my rudder peddels. I couldnt take of either. Unbinding the brakes fixed the issue for me.

Dutch
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2022, 07:30:36 AM »
I use that throttle but don't use its software...its configure in windows 10 and then in AH

I open the game controller window in win10 and leave it open when I start AH..as Ibthink it helps though I have been told it doesn't..

Be sure to use a powered usb hub to eliminate low voltage issues to your HOTAS

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 07:04:18 PM »
the brakes are mapped automatically. Thats what HiTech told me when I called with the same problem.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys