Author Topic: Please fix the eny problem  (Read 4961 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Please fix the eny problem
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2022, 10:09:37 PM »
So you are good in a HIGH eny plane but not in a LOW eny plane?

Because just like your saying, several others have been saying. This is one in many threads over ENY. Way more FUN kicking a s s in a crappy plane than in EASY mode plane.

Why would players spend $ to be limited in which vehicles/planes they can use on such a frequent basis? I’m trying to figure out why I continue to…

I’d venture ENY limitations are a big contributor to new players not staying.

Why should any player be barred from choosing their favorite(s)?  The perk system is a mechanic of the game to address the issues ENY is supposed to fix.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2022, 10:29:45 PM »
The perk system is a mechanic of the game to address the issues ENY is supposed to fix.

Are you saying that perks do solve the ENY problem or could solve it?

Either way, it doesn't and won't.

Most players are probably sitting on accrued perk points well over 1000 for fighters and bombers. If suddenly they had to pay a few perks to fly their Pony when ENY would normally cut them off, they'd just pay the fee and fly like normal and not give a thought to their couple of spent perk points.

Now the side with the most players can roll bases in top line equipment with impunity. That sure sounds fun.  :rolleyes:
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2022, 10:32:23 PM »
So you are good in a HIGH eny plane but not in a LOW eny plane?

Because just like your saying, several others have been saying. This is one in many threads over ENY. Way more FUN kicking a s s in a crappy plane than in EASY mode plane.
ya I'm finding myself going from mid-war b17/b24's to He111's and JU88's..... alot

Due to my schedule I play at all times of day and night 4-5 days a week. I'm hitting ENY on Friday and Saturday nights before midnight my time multiple weeks in a row now. Just one of many examples I could give but to be honest I don't give a d*** to explain myself. The issue is there it's been there. It's neglected and ignored.
I prefer not to fly lancs and 29s but I will when necessary. 95% of my bomber sorties fall right at 20 eny planes. At the frequency I have to switch sides to overcome the ridiculous broken game mechanic in 2022 I'm not spending another dime on a sub if by mid March eny is not removed or fixed.

Yall can keep the game going  :cheers:

Keep taking away my bombers or forcing me to switch sides which negates anything I did the day before and it will be yall keeping this game alive I won't have anything else to do with this game.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 10:38:55 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2022, 04:18:57 AM »
Are you saying that perks do solve the ENY problem or could solve it?

Either way, it doesn't and won't.

Most players are probably sitting on accrued perk points well over 1000 for fighters and bombers. If suddenly they had to pay a few perks to fly their Pony when ENY would normally cut them off, they'd just pay the fee and fly like normal and not give a thought to their couple of spent perk points.

Now the side with the most players can roll bases in top line equipment with impunity. That sure sounds fun.  :rolleyes:

Yes, perks could.

Actually they won’t. Take for example the Panther vs T34. If all 5 ENY rides were perked liked the Panthers when ENY kicks in the average player won’t pay, unless pilots behave different than GV’rs

They already roll bases with impunity when they are so determined…have you been in the MA often recently?

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2022, 06:50:37 AM »
90 days

Not fixed in 90 days I regret to announce I will no longer support this game.

Im a 20 ENY plane(B17-B24) player. I run into ENY problems often with under 50 players in the MA and this has been going on for a long time. I do not restrict my play to 1 country and regularly find myself investing 4-6 hrs while playing, log, return, and forced to switch sides which is counter-productive to my previous time investment in-game.

Ive had it :aok :cheers:

The dog wags the tail, not the other way around.

You want to change something to let you dominate and pile drive enemy players into the ground even more than you already do with your multiple accounts working in unison.

Don't let the door hit you in *** on the way out.  :ahand
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2022, 07:07:20 AM »
Well we have asked for changes to things like map list and this eny thing problem some have and nothing happened...

Let's see if ultimatums can change anything....

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2022, 07:58:09 AM »
Ok, this is a little more contextually addressable -  yep, often in late evenings, bish will log off en masse (parental curfews I presume  :devil ) leaving knits and rooks with that ENY for an hr or 2 until more log off on knit/rooks (because of eny or because of time?)

The underlying issue seems to be with a specific country playerbase creating these massive ENY imbalances that can last for an hr or 2.  The irony is ENY limits aren't affecting the people creating the situations - bish.  In mornings they have numbers and deal with ENY which doesn't stop them from rolling bases because low numbers... in evenings when the bish all log off, they've been pushed into their own corner as knits/rook take back morning losses and since bish mostly logged and knits/rooks are going at it, this ENY hurts knit/rooks player base because there are still significant evening players.

This speaks to the cycle of double-teaming and whack-a-moles... both player generated activities, that ENY cannot address, only alleviate. 

ENY works - it's the players who are in need of adjustment, lol and good luck with that. Side changers are mostly a non-factor, they just seemingly think they're somehow finding "more" fights.

ya I'm finding myself going from mid-war b17/b24's to He111's and JU88's..... alot

Due to my schedule I play at all times of day and night 4-5 days a week. I'm hitting ENY on Friday and Saturday nights before midnight my time multiple weeks in a row now.

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2022, 09:59:56 AM »
Ok, this is a little more contextually addressable -  yep, often in late evenings, bish will log off en masse (parental curfews I presume  :devil ) leaving knits and rooks with that ENY for an hr or 2 until more log off on knit/rooks (because of eny or because of time?)

The underlying issue seems to be with a specific country playerbase creating these massive ENY imbalances that can last for an hr or 2.  The irony is ENY limits aren't affecting the people creating the situations - bish.  In mornings they have numbers and deal with ENY which doesn't stop them from rolling bases because low numbers... in evenings when the bish all log off, they've been pushed into their own corner as knits/rook take back morning losses and since bish mostly logged and knits/rooks are going at it, this ENY hurts knit/rooks player base because there are still significant evening players.

This speaks to the cycle of double-teaming and whack-a-moles... both player generated activities, that ENY cannot address, only alleviate. 

ENY works - it's the players who are in need of adjustment, lol and good luck with that. Side changers are mostly a non-factor, they just seemingly think they're somehow finding "more" fights.

I've noticed this a lot as well. It seems like both sides are pushing bish to 70% bases where both sides are piling on them. There should be a perk point multiplier or something to attack the other side. Idk. It's strange to me when knits/rooks only need like 1 or 2 more bases of each others side to win the map, but they keep going after bish. 

I don't think  ENY should kick in under 20 players. With really low #s. 3 guys can make a huge difference with ENY. I don't think it's a good idea to incentivize players to log off their team because they cannot fly their plane when the #s are already really low. The only way ENY actually works is when a team is about to win a map in the evening with 50 players + and a lot of people switch to that team to win the war. Then, ENY is doing its purpose. I'd rather players have to spend perks rather than just log off. Do we want less players in the game because they can't fly what they want? Or do we make them pay perks and keep them in the game to build #s? If all 20 players switched to one side to win the map, so be it, but we all know that wouldn't happen.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2022, 11:56:20 AM »
Why would players spend $ to be limited in which vehicles/planes they can use on such a frequent basis? I’m trying to figure out why I continue to…

Why should any player be barred from choosing their favorite(s)?  The perk system is a mechanic of the game to address the issues ENY is supposed to fix.

Play any MMO... you dont have access to everything.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2022, 12:28:38 PM »

Most limited players are limited by themselves.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2022, 02:19:24 PM »
Less players creates more fluctuations in ENY. 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2022, 06:31:10 PM »

the only thing that's going to fix ENY & aceshigh 3 is advertising... and I do not see that ever happening again.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2022, 06:48:48 PM »
the only thing that's going to fix ENY & aceshigh 3 is advertising... and I do not see that ever happening again.

CAV

Over the years, I'd say the #1 thing I found that brought players to the game was the commercial on the military channel.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2022, 07:54:45 PM »
How much does stuff like that kind of advertising generally cost? Would a Gofundme campaign aid in that?
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2022, 08:00:32 PM »
I've noticed this a lot as well. It seems like both sides are pushing bish to 70% bases where both sides are piling on them. There should be a perk point multiplier or something to attack the other side. Idk. It's strange to me when knits/rooks only need like 1 or 2 more bases of each others side to win the map, but they keep going after bish. 

I don't think  ENY should kick in under 20 players. With really low #s. 3 guys can make a huge difference with ENY. I don't think it's a good idea to incentivize players to log off their team because they cannot fly their plane when the #s are already really low. The only way ENY actually works is when a team is about to win a map in the evening with 50 players + and a lot of people switch to that team to win the war. Then, ENY is doing its purpose. I'd rather players have to spend perks rather than just log off. Do we want less players in the game because they can't fly what they want? Or do we make them pay perks and keep them in the game to build #s? If all 20 players switched to one side to win the map, so be it, but we all know that wouldn't happen.
:aok